Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
US airstrike kills 22 civilians in Afghanistan

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34437787

Can't wait to see how the Obama administration spins this act of state-sponsored terrorism. If they even, you know, acknowledge that it happened.

Is General Petraeus still around to scapegoat?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

First of all, I don't ever give a rat's butt what the UN has to say about anything. They're useless and need to be disbanded.

Second, the article didn't have much information other than the destruction of the hospital and the people. They didn't even say the US itself was the culprit, only Afghan government forces backed by US led coalition. And we know the Afghans have never turned on their own before nor walked away from their duties /sarcasm. There is NO excuse ever to bomb a hospital unless it is overrun by the enemy, but we don't have all the facts here.

Third, war is hell. There will be collateral damage in these situations. Doesn't make it right, but it is a fact. I wish we'd leave them to their own devices and let them fight it out as they have for thousands of years. We have no business being there. 

JMHO

War is hell, especially for innocents. It is the singular reason for only waging war when absolutely necessary.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Third, war is hell. There will be collateral damage in these situations.
Defenses like this are why the rest of the world hates us.

But they hate us cause our freedom....

Our interventionist foreign policy will be the end of us as it is all empires through out history.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Our interventionist foreign policy will be the end of us as it is all empires through out history.
I kind of agree with this, actually. It's a race to the bottom between a "protect freedom by bombing Muslims" foreign policy, our "a dollar's worth a dollar because we say it's worth a dollar" economy, and our increasing willingness to have our eyes averted from actual issues of how we're governed to petty social issues like same-sex marriage and abortion. My money's on a combination of all three being what ultimately takes us down.

Quote:I kind of agree with this, actually. It's a race to the bottom between a "protect freedom by bombing Muslims" foreign policy, our "a dollar's worth a dollar because we say it's worth a dollar" economy, and our increasing willingness to have our eyes averted from actual issues of how we're governed to petty social issues like same-sex marriage and abortion. My money's on a combination of all three being what ultimately takes us down.

We are the next USSR, it'll be a slow bleed

Quote:But they hate us cause our freedom....

Our interventionist foreign policy will be the end of us as it is all empires through out history.

Rome didn't fall because of interventionist policy.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I kind of agree with this, actually. It's a race to the bottom between a "protect freedom by bombing Muslims" foreign policy, our "a dollar's worth a dollar because we say it's worth a dollar" economy, and our increasing willingness to have our eyes averted from actual issues of how we're governed to petty social issues like same-sex marriage and abortion. My money's on a combination of all three being what ultimately takes us down.

You are absolutely right, the farther we get away from conservative values the quicker our downfall arrives.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Rome didn't fall because of interventionist policy.

Sure about that? You don't think romes conquest across the known world, which included trying to occupy foreign lands had anything to do with them crumbling from within?

Quote:You are absolutely right, the farther we get away from conservative values the quicker our downfall arrives.

True conservatism is anti-foreign intervention. The single biggest reason to expand government is war. The threat of war gave us the income tax, patriot act, the ndaa, military drafts, internment camps, suspensions of habeas corpus and the list goes on.

Rome imploded

Quote:Defenses like this are why the rest of the world hates us.
But sadly it is a true statement.

Quote:But sadly it is a true statement.
So was mine.

Quote:So was mine.
I don't disagree.

Bender, You call this tragedy "state-sponsored terrorism" ?

Are you calling the pilots terrorists,  US pilots?

If the US is responsible it would have been either Air Force, Marine or Navy air assets and I'm pretty sure none of those pilots would knowingly target a hospital with civilians inside.

Terrible tragedy but state-sponsored terror is WAY over the top.

Quote:Bender, You call this tragedy "state-sponsored terrorism" ?

Are you calling the pilots terrorists,  US pilots?

If the US is responsible it would have been either Air Force, Marine or Navy air assets and I'm pretty sure none of those pilots would knowingly target a hospital with civilians inside.

Terrible tragedy but state-sponsored terror is WAY over the top.
If this were flipped the other way and an Iranian pilot bombed a hospital full of Americans, wouldn't we all be calling this "state-sponsored terrorism"?

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 06:52 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:But they hate us cause our freedom....

There's been a fair amount of collateral damage.

A bomb kills a wedding party for example. Then a hospital. Etc etc.

You really think the survivors or those who lost someone think...man I hate those Americans. They're free. ?

They don't know freedom. How can you hate someone for something you know nothing about.

Kill some innocents? Different story. To think they hate us because of our freedom? That's the last thing IMO.

Repeated bombing of the hospital. People burnt in their beds. That doesn't give our military the warm and fuzzies.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:There's been a fair amount of collateral damage.

A bomb kills a wedding party for example. Then a hospital. Etc etc.

You really think the survivors or those who lost someone think...man I hate those Americans. They're free. ?

They don't know freedom. How can you hate someone for something you know nothing about.

Kill some innocents? Different story. To think they hate us because of our freedom? That's the last thing IMO.

Repeated bombing of the hospital. People burnt in their beds. That doesn't give our military the warm and fuzzies.

I've never done this before!!!! Here it goes:

Wooooooooooosh!!!!!!

Bender,

Do you believe that US pilots intentionally bombed civilians?

"State-sponsored terrorism" intentionally targets civilians to cause "terror" in the civilian population.