Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
US airstrike kills 22 civilians in Afghanistan

Personally, I am surprised this is not a bigger story

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 11:09 AM by TJBender.)

Quote:Bender,

Do you believe that US pilots intentionally bombed civilians?

"State-sponsored terrorism" intentionally targets civilians to cause "terror" in the civilian population.
I believe that US pilots were given a target and, like the good soldiers they are, bombed it. Did the higher-ups know that it was a hospital? Maybe, maybe not, but I do know that if Iranian pilots had bombed a hospital, you'd be jumping up and down screaming about how it's state-sponsored terrorism, regardless of the circumstances.

You did not answer the question but that's ok. If you think American pilots or their  "higher ups" are okay with bombing civilians you know VERY little about the US military.

I don't like to play "what if" but in this case you seem to think you know exactly how I would react to Iranians bombing a hospital, so I'll play.

You have no idea how I would react so I will tell you.

I would not be surprised at all. I know that Iran is the largest sponsor of state terror in the world. Iranian terror kills thousands of innocent civilians each year. So my reaction would be muted because I expect this type of behavior from the Iranians.

Sadly, you have equated the Untied States with Iran with respect to terror.

Quote:You did not answer the question but that's ok. If you think American pilots or their  "higher ups" are okay with bombing civilians you know VERY little about the US military.

I don't like to play "what if" but in this case you seem to think you know exactly how I would react to Iranians bombing a hospital, so I'll play.

You have no idea how I would react so I will tell you.

I would not be surprised at all. I know that Iran is the largest sponsor of state terror in the world. Iranian terror kills thousands of innocent civilians each year. So my reaction would be muted because I expect this type of behavior from the Iranians.

Sadly, you have equated the Untied States with Iran with respect to terror.
So, like I said, you'd be jumping up and down screaming "state-sponsored terrorism", whether Iran meant to bomb a hospital or not, but somehow because Americans bombed a hospital under mysterious circumstances, they get the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for proving my point.

Ah yeah, reading comprehension my friend.

Reread my last response please.

Never mind here it is: ""so my reaction would be muted because I expect this type of behavior from the Iranians"  That does not read that I would be jumping up and down.

Again you have equated the largest sponsor of state terror with the Untied States.

How sad for you that you feel the US is on par with Iran when it comes to terror.

Quote:I've never done this before!!!! Here it goes:

Wooooooooooosh!!!!!!

Sorry , your sarcasm filter wasn't turned on.so I just went by what you stated.

But whoooosh...yes. The last sound the people in the hospital heard
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Personally, I am surprised this is not a bigger story

I wonder why that is?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Defenses like this are why the rest of the world hates us.
Sorry TJ but with an attitude like that Germany would have won WW2

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:If this were flipped the other way and an Iranian pilot bombed a hospital full of Americans, wouldn't we all be calling this "state-sponsored terrorism"?
Excellent point however just about everything Iran does is state sponsored terrorism.  The big difference is Iran would intentionally target a hospital.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I wonder why that is?

Because the media has the hots for Obama?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Excellent point however just about everything Iran does is state sponsored terrorism. The big difference is Iran would intentionally target a hospital.
Would they? ISIS certainly would. All we have thus far is an admission that US pilots "mistakenly" bombed a hospital. What was the mistake? How was it made? Who gave the order? On what basis?

If the US is anything but forthcoming about exactly why a hospital was bombed, you'll forgive the rest of the world for insisting that we've committed a war crime, act of terrorism, etc.

Quote:Sorry TJ but with an attitude like that Germany would have won WW2
That was a different time. It was impossible to wage an air war without catching civilians in the crossfire. In today's environment, with precision munitions accurate to within a few feet, there's no excuse for a nation with the most advanced military in the world bombing a hospital, and no defense for it.

Quote:Would they? ISIS certainly would. All we have thus far is an admission that US pilots "mistakenly" bombed a hospital. What was the mistake? How was it made? Who gave the order? On what basis?

If the US is anything but forthcoming about exactly why a hospital was bombed, you'll forgive the rest of the world for insisting that we've committed a war crime, act of terrorism, etc.

You'll forgive me for missing the masses of Americans out in the streets celebrating that pilot's error.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Why are we still in Afganistan?

'02

Quote:Why are we still in Afganistan?
Because freedom. And the military industrial complex.

Quote:Because the media has the hots for Obama?

Pretty much.  Imagine the headlines if this happened under a Republican President.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 04:10 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:Pretty much.  Imagine the headlines if this happened under a Republican President.
What headlines? We never would have heard about it, or it would have been blamed on the big bad turban-totin' boogeyman.

Quote:What headlines? We never would have heard about it, or it would have been blamed on the big bad turban-totin' boogeyman.

Oh come on TJ, you're better than that.  This was a major incident that happened under President Obama, and it's been pretty quiet on the news front.  Initial reports from the Pentagon said that it was the Afghan authorities that called in the strike.

Imagine if President Bush was still in office and this happened.

The Taliban doesn't wear turbans.

Quote:Oh come on TJ, you're better than that.  This was a major incident that happened under President Obama, and it's been pretty quiet on the news front.  Initial reports from the Pentagon said that it was the Afghan authorities that called in the strike.

Imagine if President Bush was still in office and this happened.
Fox would ignore and or spin it. MSM in general is a lost cause brother, don't give yourself an aneurysm constantly trying to dig deeper into it.  You know how you know you should ignore it? Look at the absurd amount of free coverage Trump gets on all the networks for different reasons. They do not care about substance anymore.