Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will you still have faith in DC/GB if we take an L today?
No, there is no excuse to lose this matchup
Yes, The team is still being built
Neither
[Show Results]

There is literally no excuse to lose today.

because I guess we aren't allowed to say how we feel...I'll say #KEEPGUSBRADLEYAROUND 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This offense needs Julius Thomas back, Lee back, Robinson back, Linder back, without those guys we struggle to score points.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 04:47 PM by JagFanP.)

Quote:This offense needs Julius Thomas back, Lee back, Robinson back, Linder back, without those guys we struggle to score points.
I think we lose with those guys in there too.  There's no way JT will play like he did in Denver here.

Honestly I am shocked. I would normally defend this team because I do understand where the team is at but really we should have smoked the clots today. From what I'm seeing Gus and Blake are not it. 13 points against a horrible clots defense and a loss to a team who did not have their starting qb. I'll have to review this over again but I think I have come to realization that at the end of the season this needs to be re-evaluated and we need to go a different direction.

The potential for this team to be good is there and I just can't figure out why. In any other case if the offense put up 13 points I put it one the qb. In any other case if I see a team get penalty after penalty and look out classed by a team without their starting qb I would say it is the coach. I have to look at this objectively and right now that is what I am seeing. I am highly disappointed with this performance.

You can definitely take positives from the game no doubt. But at the end of the day, when we had the chance to win, we didn't. This game was ours to lose. Our defense played well despite stupid penalties and still when the offense needed to step up, they couldn't do it. The play calling was a joke as well. You get a big run from Yeldon, and the next play you put slow, injury prone Gerhart in for a 2 yard loss? Really? No play action? Ugh.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 05:00 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I said it with Garrard, with Blaine and now with Blake if we can't score more than 13 points a game it doesn't matter who we play, our playing calling etc...

The game has changed you have to score at minimum 20 points a game in today's NFL to have a chance to win week to week. If you can't do that we will lose. 13 points is on the qb

Quote:I said it with Garrard, with Blaine and now with Blake if we can't score more than 13 points a game it doesn't matter who we play, our playing calling etc...

The game has changed you have to score at minimum 20 points a game in today's NFL to have a chance to win week to week. If you can't do that we will lose. 13 points is on the qb
Turn the red zone FGs into touchdowns and we win. Bortles keeps throwing balls a mile high when we get close with 1v1 coverage.

I don't even think this coaching staff has the ability to make 2nd half adjustments.

Quote:This offense needs Julius Thomas back, Lee back, Robinson back, Linder back, without those guys we struggle to score points.

Quote:I think we lose with those guys in there too.  There's no way JT will play like he did in Denver here.
No way giving us our best linemen back, our change of pace back goes in instead of Gerhart on the awful playcall.  and with Lee/Thomas in there they can't roll coverage to Robinson.   Hurns/Lewis/Harbor/Walters/Gerhart/Washington scares nobody.  Those 4 starters are equal to atleast 10 points.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Turn the red zone FGs into touchdowns and we win. Bortles keeps throwing balls a mile high when we get close with 1v1 coverage.
I will defend this team to the death but Blake lost this game. He had tons of opportunities to take over this game. This was his chance to show the league he's the new guy and he could never do it. 50 passes and still couldn't top 300 yards is just poor to me. Had Luck played and threw 50 passes he would have had a 500 yard game. I just was really hoping Blake would take that next step and it appears we are just gonna stay stuck in this below average phase. 

Maybe Im just frustrated and I hope he becomes the guy but right now my confidence in him and the coach are gone. Thomas and Lee would change anything if you are throwing passes that keep getting batted down  :mellow:

Quote:I will defend this team to the death but Blake lost this game. He had tons of opportunities to take over this game. This was his chance to show the league he's the new guy and he could never do it. 50 passes and still couldn't top 300 yards is just poor to me. Had Luck played and threw 50 passes he would have had a 500 yard game. I just was really hoping Blake would take that next step and it appears we are just gonna stay stuck in this below average phase. 

Maybe Im just frustrated and I hope he becomes the guy but right now my confidence in him and the coach are gone. Thomas and Lee would change anything if you are throwing passes that keep getting batted down  :mellow:
You can't blame blake for this and the kicker missed 3 game winners? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I will defend this team to the death but Blake lost this game. He had tons of opportunities to take over this game. This was his chance to show the league he's the new guy and he could never do it. 50 passes and still couldn't top 300 yards is just poor to me. Had Luck played and threw 50 passes he would have had a 500 yard game. I just was really hoping Blake would take that next step and it appears we are just gonna stay stuck in this below average phase. 

bortles was the furthest reason we lost this game dude.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Bortles did everything you can reasonably expect from a QB. Penalties on the O-Line once again killed any chance of a TD drive in the second half. He got us in position to win the game at the end, TWICE, and Myers hanxed it both times. Was he perfect? No. But he was far from the reason we lost and he did enough for us to win. 

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:You can't blame blake for this and the kicker missed 3 game winners? 
Like I said 13 points doesn't win games. The kicker missed kicks yeah but there was plenty of opportunities for him to rise to the occasion and win this game with his arm. Blake is my guy and I'm still pulling for him but right now I'm not seeing a qb who can step up and control the game like he needs to for us to be a force. The kicker could have won the game but the bigger picture to me it that Blake could not find a way to get us to the end zone more. That what is troubling me more. 

Quote:Like I said 13 points doesn't win games. The kicker missed kicks yeah but there was plenty of opportunities for him to rise to the occasion and win this game with his arm. Blake is my guy and I'm still pulling for him but right now I'm not seeing a qb who can step up and control the game like he needs to for us to be a force. The kicker could have won the game but the bigger picture to me it that Blake could not find a way to get us to the end zone more. That what is troubling me more.
Other than the fumble recovery, who was playing quarterback to get us into range to even have 2 chances to win the game?

This team simply has a losing culture and it starts with the HC.

They might actually win a game here and there against a bad team (see Miami and the Browns) but as far as beating any kind of decent team, you can forget about it unless somehow that team just totally collapses like the Giants did in the 2nd half of last years game.

I mean come on, the Jags had no TOs today and got 2 TOs, had a 100yd rusher AND a 100 yd WR (the clots had neither), had more total yds then the clots and still couldn't win today.

I mean come on, what is it going to take for Gus to lead his team to victory? Does the other team actually have to play like absolutely awful garbage for Gus to find a win?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Bortles did everything you can reasonably expect from a QB. Penalties on the O-Line once again killed any chance of a TD drive in the second half. He got us in position to win the game at the end, TWICE, and Myers hanxed it both times. Was he perfect? No. But he was far from the reason we lost and he did enough for us to win. 
Luck carries his team all the time. When will we start expecting Blake to put up points and get us into the end zone consistently? He's played 16 games now. 13 points is about his average amount of offense he supplies for us. I'm not saying he needs to be Brady or Luck but I would like for him to make some crucial throws on third down to extend drives. I would like for him to make the long throw for a touchdown. I would like to see him take advantage of weak defenses. 

It seems that it doesn't matter how bad the other teams defense is, when will only put up about 13 points, 1 passing td and less than 300 passing yards. It been like this for a while now. The name has changed but its starting to look the same,

Like I stated maybe I'm just frustrated because of the ridiculous loss, but I watch a lot of football and have for years. I see other teams that win constantly have the qb make great plays when they need great plays made. Blake is not doing that. He will make a play which is more than the last 2 qbs we had but when will he make those plays when we need them? That's the big picture I'm worried about?

He should have realized how big this game was and yet all he could do is get us to the 35 a few times for 50 yard field goals, mean while Hasselbeck took his team down to the 7 in OT to win the game when it really mattered. Thats what I saw in the grand scheme of it. One qb made the plays when he needed to and the other didn't.

Hopefully Blake will start showing that trait but so far I'm not seeing that and I'm getting discouraged. Anyone who reads my posts know I am a big defender of this team. If I'm talking like this that means I'm seeing something very wrong with what we are doing. 

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 05:37 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Other than the fumble recovery, who was playing quarterback to get us into range to even have 2 chances to win the game?
Again I support Blake to the fullest but 13 points is on him. Yet again he was supposed to expose a weak defense and yet again did not. That is worrying me. Mariota has already figured out how to put up stats and points on the bad defenses. When will our guy start doing that?

Quote:Like I said 13 points doesn't win games. The kicker missed kicks yeah but there was plenty of opportunities for him to rise to the occasion and win this game with his arm. Blake is my guy and I'm still pulling for him but right now I'm not seeing a qb who can step up and control the game like he needs to for us to be a force. The kicker could have won the game but the bigger picture to me it that Blake could not find a way to get us to the end zone more. That what is troubling me more. 
The offense is a big freaking joke store right now. The offense in the 2nd quarter and overtime was just awful. Easy to blame Meyers, and he should have made the kick(s), but the offense is the real issue.  I'm not sure it's more than half Bortles fault. I just don't see open guys.