Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Bradley and the Jags lose today, then what?

Quote:Go join the people outside of Jacksonville and root for another team.

Lol, the go to deflection of "you cant criticize your team if you're a fan". Man, that losing culture has really taken hold.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gus and dave really convinced you that this thing is gonna look playoff caliber in year 4. You guys will believe anything

Quote:Based upon what?!?  By all reports, Lee wanted to go back into the game last week.

Going into this season, you could have made the argument that Robinson was the injury prone guy.

I'm sure he wanted to play, but he clearly couldn't.  Otherwise he could have just not told them his leg was still bothering him.  But it was, and it was noticeable enough that he wasn't able to get it done, so the staff made the call.  Having him hobbling through his routes doesn't help anyone.  It's not about fault, but the bottom line is the guy hasn't been useful at all.  He's taken like 10 snaps this season.  That needs to change, or we'd be better off just IRing the guy and relying on someone who can suit up consistently.

Quote:I'm sure he wanted to play, but he clearly couldn't.  Otherwise he could have just not told them his leg was still bothering him.  But it was, and it was noticeable enough that he wasn't able to get it done, so the staff made the call.  Having him hobbling through his routes doesn't help anyone.  It's not about fault, but the bottom line is the guy hasn't been useful at all.  He's taken like 10 snaps this season.  That needs to change, or we'd be better off just IRing the guy and relying on someone who can suit up consistently.
I am not disputing he has had a lot of injuries. 

I am disputing clfrn77's assertion that Lee is a "diva."

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I am not disputing he has had a lot of injuries. 

I am disputing clfrn77's assertion that Lee is a "diva."

Right.  I'm not sure what makes him a diva; certainly nothing I can come up with to support that. 

But I don't think him saying "I could have gone back in" is helpful at all, since he didn't, and then couldn't practice, and is still down a week later.  He missed essentially all of offseason activities, training camp, pre-season, and now the regular season with evidently the same soft tissue issues.  It's gotten a bit silly at this point, and him telling people every week that he feels great and then not practicing or playing is not helping things.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 12:25 PM by Pujo.)

Quote:But I don't think him saying "I could have gone back in" is helpful at all, since he didn't, and then couldn't practice, and is still down a week later. He missed essentially all of offseason activities, training camp, pre-season, and now the regular season with evidently the same soft tissue issues. It's gotten a bit silly at this point, and him telling people every week that he feels great and then not practicing or playing is not helping things.

Lots of players with hamstring problems do this. Just look at lesean McCoy. He said he was good to go multiple times and now he's not gonna play until he's 100% which could be a couple weeks. Hamstring injuries are weird where a player sometimes feel like they can play through it at first then when they go out there they can't perform effectively and make the injury worse.

After watching part of the Jets/Fins game on right now, that week two win over the Fins doesn't look that impressive after all.  They're a bad team and it took everything the Jags had to win.

Gus is gone after the season.   

Quote:After watching part of the Jets/Fins game on right now, that week two win over the Fins doesn't look that impressive after all.  They're a bad team and it took everything the Jags had to win.

lol thats what was running through my mind watching this game, the phins look shaky as hell

Quote:After watching part of the Jets/Fins game on right now, that week two win over the Fins doesn't look that impressive after all.  They're a bad team and it took everything the Jags had to win.

Quote:lol thats what was running through my mind watching this game, the phins look shaky as hell

Yeah, certainly a concern.  Today will be very telling.  By all rights, going against this team without Luck, this should be a win.  Maybe even a decisive win that isn't close.  If it's not, look out...

Okay. Everyone panning Hasselbeck and saying their is no excuse needs to just remember that

1. he actually QBed a team that got to a Superbowl

2. Has played against the Jags in mop up due in 3 games the past two years and not looked horrible. Given we have no pass rush right now means that we likely cannot exploit a QB's lack of mobility.

It is not like this a some rookie who have never started a game. He is savvy veteran who understands football and was still in Seattle when Gus got there. 

Lastly, you forget that this game is being played AT Indianapolis. Blake has NEVER won a road game to date, and they can be difficult for young QB's to win because all the extra factors of being on the road. Don't be surprised if he gets rattled or makes mistakes at some point during the game.

I hope the Jags win today but if they don't, I have a question to the people who "complain" about the "complainers."

I hear the term overreacting a lot on this forum.  When is the Criticism justified?

In using the term "never" remember Gene Smith had a cult following on this board, including some mods on the board.  That kind of thinking can be dangerous

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Okay. Everyone panning Hasselbeck and saying their is no excuse needs to just remember that

1. he actually QBed a team that got to a Superbowl

2. Has played against the Jags in mop up due in 3 games the past two years and not looked horrible. Given we have no pass rush right now means that we likely cannot exploit a QB's lack of mobility.

It is not like this a some rookie who have never started a game. He is savvy veteran who understands football and was still in Seattle when Gus got there. 

Lastly, you forget that this game is being played AT Indianapolis. Blake has NEVER won a road game to date, and they can be difficult for young QB's to win because all the extra factors of being on the road. Don't be surprised if he gets rattled or makes mistakes at some point during the game.

I get it, you're doing your Oesher impersonation, right? 

That's what happens when you lose to the Jags.  It's like being bitten by a zombie, it's just a matter of time before you rot and become one of them.  Take warning Colts! 

Quote:You're never gonna find an elite 26 year old wr hit free agency or available for trade. Take what you can get. Marshall aint that old

Signed, Jimmy and Keenan

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 01:59 PM by Jax82.)

Gus is the man

"Then what" I guess we will now see what "then what" means" won't we?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.