Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Obama keeps promise to eliminate ISIL

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/...-isis.html

Good job Barry. Thank God we no longer have to listen to those morons refer to them as ISIL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/24/its-official-pentagon-now-calling-terror-group-isis.html'>http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/24/its-official-pentagon-now-calling-terror-group-isis.html</a>

Good job Barry. Thank God we no longer have to listen to those morons refer to them as ISIL.
Why the frick did that matter to you?

Quote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/...-isis.html

Let it go, snowflake.

Quote:Let it go, snowflake.

The guy with an avatar portraying the POTUS as Hitler telling someone to let it go.

Gold Jerry. Pure Gold.

Quote:The guy with an avatar portraying the POTUS as Hitler telling someone to let it go.

Gold Jerry. Pure Gold.
You may remember how willing I was to give Trump a chance, and how I actually preferred him to Hillary.

He's had his chance, and the people he surrounds himself with combined with the actions of his administration leave him in the distinguished company of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and the Ayatollah.

Quote:You may remember how willing I was to give Trump a chance, and how I actually preferred him to Hillary.

He's had his chance, and the people he surrounds himself with combined with the actions of his administration leave him in the distinguished company of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and the Ayatollah.

So, who's company would he be in if he actually committed genocide?

Yes because trying to send illegal immigrants out of the country is right up there with Hitler and Stalin

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Holy [BLEEP]

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wow.. Just..

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I just can't anymore

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Yes because trying to send illegal immigrants out of the country is right up there with Hitler and Stalin

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Holy [BAD WORD REMOVED]

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wow.. Just..

I just can't anymore

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

We laugh, but it is actually pretty frightening that there are Americans who actually feel this way. I just chalk it up to TJ just kidding.

Quote:Yes because trying to send illegal immigrants out of the country is right up there with Hitler and Stalin

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Holy [BAD WORD REMOVED]

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wow.. Just..

I just can't anymore

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah the Trump = Hitler comparisons make a mockery of what Hitler actually did. Sad to see such ignorance on display by some board members here. I blame the lack of historical education in public schooling.

Quote: 

I know you are smarter than this TJBender.

[Image: lupks.jpg]

Quote:Yeah the Trump = Hitler comparisons make a mockery of what Hitler actually did. Sad to see such ignorance on display by some board members here. I blame the lack of historical education in public schooling.

This is true. I'm sure TJ doesn't really mean it. He is usually a pretty level headed guy.

ISIS, ISIL, whatever man...they are a terrorist organization.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:ISIS, ISIL, whatever man...they are a terrorist organization.

A JV terrorist organization, right?

Quote:A JV terrorist organization, right?

I disagreed with Obama on his foreign policy and how he handled terrorist nations, and even disagreed with his comment about ISIS being a JV terrorist organization. Reidentifying them from ISIS to ISIL isn't going to stop their bloodshed and evil ideology.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:This is true. I'm sure TJ doesn't really mean it. He is usually a pretty level headed guy.
Trump is an aspiring JV Hitler right now. He's trying to undermine the Constitution to suit his agenda. He's altering facts (or just making them up) to suit his whims. He has a large portion of the population eating out of his hands because he's playing right to their latent (or blatant) fears and prejudices, and creating an "us vs. them" atmosphere--much like a certain German dictator did shortly before relocating people into ghettos. He's only addressing the portions of the press that he controls by way of his own personal Goebbels, Steve Bannon. For what it's worth, it's thought that Goebbels had a very high degree of influence over Hitler's actions--much like Bannon and his avowed racism are just this side of controlling Trump. The portions of the press he disagrees with? He takes to Twitter to complain to his devout followers about how corrupt and evil they are, and marginalizes them from the almost totalitarian administration he's assembled.

Is Trump Hitler? No, not yet, but he is strolling down a very similar path to Hitler. Divide the people, then reunite them around someone they can both hate, and do so in a way that a police state is welcomed rather than resisted. As someone who spent all of high school, all of college and a lot of time thereafter studying history and staying up with the news, I'm concerned. Borderline scared, in fact, and the presence of Mattis is a mild nightmare for me. If one were going to stage a military coup, they'd logically want one of the most popular commanders of all time on their side. If some no-name three-star general had been made the SoD, any effort by Trump to get that pesky Congress and Constitution out of his way would be shot down in flames. If Mad Dog sounds the war cry, he could actually draw a large number of troops to his side of the playing field.

I'm not saying Trump will stage a military coup, or that we're headed for 1941 Germany. I am saying that the dots aren't hard to connect, and the reckless way in which Trump has been handling his office and, frankly, ignoring the Constitution in the process gives me a great deal of concern that we're dealing with a man who isn't the least bit concerned about being impeached or voted out, because he has no intention of giving up the office.

Quote:I'm not saying Trump will stage a military coup, or that we're headed for 1941 Germany. 

Bro, with all due affection, that really does come across as exactly what you've been saying for a week or two now. To the point that I'm a bit worried about you or thinking this might be some type of performance art.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Trump is an aspiring JV Hitler right now. He's trying to undermine the Constitution to suit his agenda. He's altering facts (or just making them up) to suit his whims. He has a large portion of the population eating out of his hands because he's playing right to their latent (or blatant) fears and prejudices, and creating an "us vs. them" atmosphere--much like a certain German dictator did shortly before relocating people into ghettos. He's only addressing the portions of the press that he controls by way of his own personal Goebbels, Steve Bannon. For what it's worth, it's thought that Goebbels had a very high degree of influence over Hitler's actions--much like Bannon and his avowed racism are just this side of controlling Trump. The portions of the press he disagrees with? He takes to Twitter to complain to his devout followers about how corrupt and evil they are, and marginalizes them from the almost totalitarian administration he's assembled.

Is Trump Hitler? No, not yet, but he is strolling down a very similar path to Hitler. Divide the people, then reunite them around someone they can both hate, and do so in a way that a police state is welcomed rather than resisted. As someone who spent all of high school, all of college and a lot of time thereafter studying history and staying up with the news, I'm concerned. Borderline scared, in fact, and the presence of Mattis is a mild nightmare for me. If one were going to stage a military coup, they'd logically want one of the most popular commanders of all time on their side. If some no-name three-star general had been made the SoD, any effort by Trump to get that pesky Congress and Constitution out of his way would be shot down in flames. If Mad Dog sounds the war cry, he could actually draw a large number of troops to his side of the playing field.

I'm not saying Trump will stage a military coup, or that we're headed for 1941 Germany. I am saying that the dots aren't hard to connect, and the reckless way in which Trump has been handling his office and, frankly, ignoring the Constitution in the process gives me a great deal of concern that we're dealing with a man who isn't the least bit concerned about being impeached or voted out, because he has no intention of giving up the office.

It is even more concerning as a self-acclaimed "historian", you can still make that comparison.

On a side note, what exactly has President Trump done that even brings impeachment into the conversation? Attempting to enforce pre-existing laws?

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2017, 07:44 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:It is even more concerning as a self-acclaimed "historian", you can still make that comparison.

On a side note, what exactly has President Trump done that even brings impeachment into the conversation? Attempting to enforce pre-existing laws?

I don't understand this either.

If you actually, ACTUALLY consider yourself a historian, you could see that Trump's action PALE in comparison to such laws/EO passed such as the Immigration Act of 1924, Executive Order 9066 in 1942, and Operation Wetback in 1954.

If Trump is JV Hitler, what does that make Calvin Coolidge, FDR, and Dwight Eisnenhower (all three easily considered top 10 presidents)? JV Mao, JV Stalin, and JV Pol Pot?