Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
whats the word on marks n JT

What's the "expected" return date

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 07:00 PM by Pujo.)

Probably 2 weeks for JT with a chance for next week and for Marks its maybe against the Bills or after bye. These are just approximates I'm not exactly sure about Marks.

Marks was hopeful for Week 1... This is now the 4th game and it doesn't look like he'll even play at London. 

JT has a good chance to play next week in my opinion. If not, he'll play in the Texans game.

Quote:Marks was hopeful for Week 1... This is now the 4th game and it doesn't look like he'll even play at London.

JT has a good chance to play next week in my opinion. If not, he'll play in the Texans game.

Week 1 was was very unlikely. He hasn't played a snap since week 17 last year. He just started practicing on a limited basis week 2. It'll take a few weeks to get in football shape and get comfortable playing on his surgically repaired knee which is what he's doing now. Week 6 will be my guess he'll make his debut along with JT.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Coming back from an ACL injury in the season finale, we'll be lucky to get him back by the bye week.  I know he was telling everyone he was going to be  back sooner, but those ACLs have a pretty consistent schedule for return.  Just because a guy like Adrian Peterson was able to come back that quickly doesn't make it the standard.  He's the exception to the rule on that one.  Marks is more in line with what should be expected.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I doubt either play this year.

Quote:Coming back from an ACL injury in the season finale, we'll be lucky to get him back by the bye week.  I know he was telling everyone he was going to be  back sooner, but those ACLs have a pretty consistent schedule for return.  Just because a guy like Adrian Peterson was able to come back that quickly doesn't make it the standard.  He's the exception to the rule on that one.  Marks is more in line with what should be expected.

Why waste an early season roster spot on Marks then instead of just putting him on the PUP?

'02

Quote:Why waste an early season roster spot on Marks then instead of just putting him on the PUP?

Agreed

Quote:Why waste an early season roster spot on Marks then instead of just putting him on the PUP?
Agreed, taking Marks off the PUP made no sense. 

Haha exactly, pure incompetence

Because he wouldn't even be able to practice like he is now until week 6. Put him on PUP and he'll still need another 3 weeks to get in shape and practice on his knee.

He'll be back by week 6.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Because he wouldn't even be able to practice like he is now until week 6. Put him on PUP and he'll still need another 3 weeks to get in shape and practice on his knee.

He'll be back by week 6.
Makes a lot of sense. Too bad most of the posters on the board love to criticize the GM and coach about things they dont understand.

Quote:Agreed, taking Marks off the PUP made no sense. 

I think it did.  If there is a chance you can get your best player back early then you take it.  He's worth the roster spot on 85% of teams in this league.

Quote:Makes a lot of sense. Too bad most of the posters on the board love to criticize the GM and coach about things they dont understand.

Absolutely correct.  There are things the hardcore and layman fans will never even know of, let alone, know well about football preparation.

He'd be able to get himself in football shape on his own. I still don't know that a couple extra weeks of practice is really worth that spot. It's not like he's a rookie.

'02

Quote:Coming back from an ACL injury in the season finale, we'll be lucky to get him back by the bye week. I know he was telling everyone he was going to be  back sooner, but those ACLs have a pretty consistent schedule for return. Just because a guy like Adrian Peterson was able to come back that quickly doesn't make it the standard.  He's the exception to the rule on that one. Marks is more in line with what should be expected.

That is why I was surprised we took Marks off PUP and suggested he might start playing in September.

Quote:He'd be able to get himself in football shape on his own. I still don't know that a couple extra weeks of practice is really worth that spot. It's not like he's a rookie.

Yeah you don't know that's why you're not the coach. I'm sure all the coaches got together with the doctors and discussed this thoroughly and this was the best outcome. They know a lot more details about this than any of us so us questioning them is a little silly. Like if they thought he could be back before he would be allowed back if he was on IR then that's probably why they decided this. Plus they can have him practice and see how he's coming along instead of being in the dark.

Quote:He'd be able to get himself in football shape on his own. I still don't know that a couple extra weeks of practice is really worth that spot. It's not like he's a rookie.

all of our inactives have been inactive due to/ with an injury for the past couple a weeks... who do you suggest we use that spot for?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We can be realistic to say Marks will truly not be ready until next year because these injuries, while "quick" to heal from, for a guy at his position and putting as much strain on his knee with the required force needed to shed and power through blockers takes time to build up to from something like this. I don't expect much from him this season and didn't as such from the get go. I really hoped that Bennet or Jones would be able to fill in adequately enough to not feel the void, but it's not looking like that's the case. 

Quote:all of our inactives have been inactive due to/ with an injury for the past couple a weeks... who do you suggest we use that spot for?

How about Neal Sterling to make for a fifth healthy WR while opening up a PS spot?

'02