Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is your favorite Jacksonville Jaguars memory?

Let's change it up a bit and talk about your favorite Jaguar memory; from a specific play, an entire game, acquisition/departure, etc.

Despite many plays/games with memorable moments, my favorite memory is the David Garrard run against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 07-08 playoffs. Mojo and Freddy T were unstoppable forces. Garrard was very calculated and surgical. The fact that we beat them twice at their stadium in the same season was glorious - but to have one of them come in the playoffs was the cherry-on-the-top.

I remember EVERYBODY in the sports bar we were watching the game at went NUTS... The cheering, high-fiving, drinks on the house. It was raucous. Pittsburgh could hear Duval that night...

We are very fortunate to be one of only thirty-two cities who can call themselves the home of an NFL franchise. Let's not forget what makes us true fans. The camaraderie, the up's and the down's (even if it seems like we have been down for a while), the game-day experience, and the food/beverages.

When this team rebounds back to a playoff contender and a Superbowl hopeful, you can say that you bled Teal and Black through the thick and thin.

What are some of your best stories/memories regarding the Jaguars?

Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jaguars shutout the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday Night Football in 2006..

Steelers started to move the chains only to have Mathis intercept Roethlisberger's slant pass and returned it into field

goal range.

That was a good game, so was the MJD & FT run all over the Colts and of course any game in which Coughlin was the Head Coach.

Quote:The Jaguars shutout the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday Night Football in 2006..

Steelers started to move the chains only to have Mathis intercept Roethlisberger's slant pass and returned it into field

goal range.

That was a good game, so was the MJD & FT run all over the Colts and of course any game in which Coughlin was the Head Coach.
I was at that game and that was an AMAZING win... Mathis had a knack for taking Ben's lunch money...

the 90's

R. Mathis was the best corner this team ever had to date, while he only went to one ProBowl he might have gone to two had he been on a better team.  He's still decent in Detroit to date.

The team hasn't had a good CB since they had a good WR, sad but true.

A lot of potential with Aaron Colvin, and House & maybe McCray but nothing proven as the team has been the leagues worst in INT & PDs for three years...

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 01:09 AM by Sosa.)

Before these trash years started. Literally ANYTHING before 08 is 10x better than now.

My personal favorite is the Garrard run in the play-offs though

If the Morton Anderson missed field goal in '96, the victory against the supposed Superbowl bound Broncos in the Playoffs that same year or the Miami Dolphins playoff rout in '99 aren't your top 3 in which ever order you choose...  you're probably under 35 years old.  Not that I'm much older than that.

Quote:If the Morton Anderson missed field goal in '96, the victory against the supposed Superbowl bound Broncos in the Playoffs that same year or the Miami Dolphins playoff rout in '99 aren't your top 3 in which ever order you choose...  you're probably under 35 years old.  Not that I'm much older than that.
Those were certainly great moments, but for me, the atmosphere of where I was and who I was with topped my list in addition to the game. 

I am under 35 years old and I remember many great moments spanning back to our inaugural season.

On MNF early in the '97 season, the Jaguars beat the Steelers by returning a blocked FG for a TD. The scowl on Cowher's face as he wanted to tackle the return guy (Logan?) himself was the best moment ever.

'02

Had a great view from the corner of the lower bowl when MJD blew up Shawn Merriman on a fake handoff. Not the most important game ever, but that crowd reaction gave me chills.
Only a chump boos the home team!

You know a team is bad when fans have to go into the Way Back Machine to keeps their spirits up.

62-7.

Honorable mention: Fred Taylor vs Mike Doss.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Being that I'm 25 and was a bit too young for the glory years, my favorite memory as a Jags fan was pretty much the entire 2007 season.

So many great plays, great games, Freddy T finally making the probowl, and to top it all off, the freakin' awesome win at Pitt in the playoffs.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:62-7.

Honorable mention: Fred Taylor vs Mike Doss.
Agree - I think that win over the Dolphins was one of the best games ever by the Jaguars. 

Quote:On MNF early in the '97 season, the Jaguars beat the Steelers by returning a blocked FG for a TD. The scowl on Cowher's face as he wanted to tackle the return guy (Logan?) himself was the best moment ever.

This was great for me too because we were sitting next to two Steeler fans who had been unusually annoying most of the evening.  The look on their faces during the score was priceless.  Other moments include the blocked field goal against Atlanta in the '96 season and of course when I learned that the expansion committee had awarded a team to Jax.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:On MNF early in the '97 season, the Jaguars beat the Steelers by returning a blocked FG for a TD. The scowl on Cowher's face as he wanted to tackle the return guy (Logan?) himself was the best moment ever.

Chris Hudson

Being 30, I remember all the important seasons we've had since the inaugural, but I only started becoming a hard core fan since 03. My favorite era is the Del Rio years because of the above mention, hense the Del Rio picture.

I still remember watching all the titans games with my dad in 99, and how irate we both were that they defeated us 3 times. Still upsetting.

My first game ever attended was Baltimore in 96. It was a cold punt fest, but we won.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Definitely 62-7.

It felt good being King for a day.

Blocked FG and return for a TD against the Steelers

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 08:04 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Brunell's scramble in playoff game at Denver in 96

Jimmy fades to glory in 96 in Denver

Clyde Simmons interception at Buffalo in 96

Means running all over Buffalo in 96

Morton's Miss

9-0

62-7

Brackens intercepts Tony Banks and scores vs Ravens

Brackens sacks, strips, FF and scores vs Marino in 99 playoffs

Mathis picks off Maddux

Garrard scramble vs Pitt

Mike Thomas Hail Mary

Fred Taylor 234 at Pitt, most ever

Jimmy 291 at Baltimore

Boselli calling Jason Taylor to cone down field

Boselli shutting Bruce Smith down in 96 playoffs

Bobby Shaw returns punt for TD at Philly for the upset

The goal line stand by Robert Massey vs the Skins

How we started 1996 with 4 wins and 7 losses and won the next 5 straight to make the playoffs then upset Bills and Broncos.

AFC Central Champs in 97,99

Ernest Wilford last minute catch to beat Bills on opening day

Scobee 59 yarder to beat Indy

Scobee 51 yarder to beat Indy

Darius clocks Ferguson

Chris Hudson returns blocked FG on MNF.

McCardell catches 18 passes in single game

Beasley picks off Marino on first play in 99 playoffs

Brunnell over 4300 yards in 96

Jimmy over 100 catches in 99

Fred Taylor beats Bucs with a handoff from shotgun in 98.

Fred Taylor outruns Marion 95 yards in 99 playoffs vs Dolphins

Jeff Lageman stops Kelly on 4th down in Buffulo playoffs to secure the win

I could go on for days......