Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is your favorite Jacksonville Jaguars memory?

6-3. Jags beat Ravens

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You know a team is bad when fans have to go into the Way Back Machine to keeps their spirits up.
I'm getting on in the years, so I'm afraid my memory doesn't go back that far any more...

Quote:Brunell's scramble in playoff game at Denver in 96

Jimmy fades to glory in 96 in Denver

Clyde Simmons interception at Buffalo in 96

Means running all over Buffalo in 96

Morton's Miss

9-0

62-7

Brackens intercepts Tony Banks and scores vs Ravens

Brackens sacks, strips, FF and scores vs Marino in 99 playoffs

Mathis picks off Maddux

Garrard scramble vs Pitt

Mike Thomas Hail Mary

Fred Taylor 234 at Pitt, most ever

Jimmy 291 at Baltimore

Boselli calling Jason Taylor to cone down field

Boselli shutting Bruce Smith down in 96 playoffs

Bobby Shaw returns punt for TD at Philly for the upset

The goal line stand by Robert Massey vs the Skins

How we started 1996 with 4 wins and 7 losses and won the next 5 straight to make the playoffs then upset Bills and Broncos.

AFC Central Champs in 97,99

Ernest Wilford last minute catch to beat Bills on opening day

Scobee 59 yarder to beat Indy

Scobee 51 yarder to beat Indy

Darius clocks Ferguson

Chris Hudson returns blocked FG on MNF.

McCardell catches 18 passes in single game

Beasley picks off Marino on first play in 99 playoffs

Brunnell over 4300 yards in 96

Jimmy over 100 catches in 99

Fred Taylor beats Bucs with a handoff from shotgun in 98.

Fred Taylor outruns Marion 95 yards in 99 playoffs vs Dolphins

Jeff Lageman stops Kelly on 4th down in Buffulo playoffs to secure the win

I could go on for days......

I forgot to mention the rally after the Denver game.

Dave Widell who played Center said "Jacksonville Do You Believe In Miracles."

I was there that night.

When we were good and the defense was feared throughout the league..... Oh how everyone who's not a Jag fan forgets...

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Jags playoff victory at Pittsburgh, 07/08. I teared up.

All the obvious games/plays aside, the one I remember most came in that 07 playoff game in Pittsburgh and it wasn't Garrard's scramble (which we got away with hold on btw).

Pittsburgh got the ball to open the game and marched down the field. Scored a TD on their opening drive. The place was going crazy! The air was electric. Terrible towels were waving. They were loving it.

So then they go to kick it off to us for our first possession. Guess who is back there to receive the kickoff? That's right, Maurice Jones Drew. He returns that sucker all the way to their 1 yard line lol. It was great! I couldn't believe it; Stillers fans couldn't believe it. It shut the whole stadium down and set the tone for the whole game. We jammed it in from there for the TD to tie it up. But after that return, you just knew what kind of game this was going to be: absolutely awesome.

Quote:All the obvious games/plays aside, the one I remember most came in that 07 playoff game in Pittsburgh and it wasn't Garrard's scramble (which we got away with hold on btw).

Pittsburgh got the ball to open the game and marched down the field. Scored a TD on their opening drive. The place was going crazy! The air was electric. Terrible towels were waving. They were loving it.

So then they go to kick it off to us for our first possession. Guess who is back there to receive the kickoff? That's right, Maurice Jones Drew. He returns that sucker all the way to their 1 yard line lol. It was great! I couldn't believe it; Stillers fans couldn't believe it. It shut the whole stadium down and set the tone for the whole game. We jammed it in from there for the TD to tie it up. But after that return, you just knew what kind of game this was going to be: absolutely awesome.

Truly an awesome game. The environment and weather was perfect. Cold, flurries, and smash mouth football. How I miss the days when Jags football was fun.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 10:28 AM by Joe.)

Maurice Jones Drew returned a kickoff opening the second half of the Colts game in 2007.

I was 16 years old sitting with my dad, Prob 50 ft from where MJD ran into the end zone.

Never really occurred to me then that I'd remember those 30 seconds for the rest of my life...

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 11:18 AM by Bullseye.)

I don't know that I could provide one singular memory as a favorite.

There are several memories I can provide.

The feeling the town collectively had when we were awarded the franchise.  There were goofy grins on the faces of football fans all over town for days after we got the team, usually triggered by seeing a T shirt with the original logo.

Seeing the original 10 signing the contracts.

The expansion draft and the first college draft...seeing how the team was going to be built.

Seeing the stadium for the first time at the first preseason game.

The first ever game, with Boyz II Men singing the national anthem.

Desmond Howard catching the screen pass from Brunell to get the franchise's first ever win against the Oilers.  Interesting PS.  Today happens to be the 20th anniversary of that play.  For those of you who didn't see it, view it here:  http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...30762ac2e0

The next week seeing the team win its first home game against the Steelers.

This is in addition to the great memories already provided above.

Heck, even the sometimes heated debates on these message boards count for me, because debating football things is a huge part of fandom.  Without the Jaguars, none of us likely would be debating/discussing football issues the way we do.

I'm just glad we got the team and we have 20+ years and counting of great football memories.  I would soon like a LOT of memories of Jaguars Super Bowl championships.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Brunell's scramble in playoff game at Denver in 96

Jimmy fades to glory in 96 in Denver

Clyde Simmons interception at Buffalo in 96

Means running all over Buffalo in 96

Morton's Miss

9-0

62-7

Brackens intercepts Tony Banks and scores vs Ravens

Brackens sacks, strips, FF and scores vs Marino in 99 playoffs

Mathis picks off Maddux

Garrard scramble vs Pitt

Mike Thomas Hail Mary

Fred Taylor 234 at Pitt, most ever

Jimmy 291 at Baltimore

Boselli calling Jason Taylor to cone down field

Boselli shutting Bruce Smith down in 96 playoffs

Bobby Shaw returns punt for TD at Philly for the upset

The goal line stand by Robert Massey vs the Skins

How we started 1996 with 4 wins and 7 losses and won the next 5 straight to make the playoffs then upset Bills and Broncos.

AFC Central Champs in 97,99

Ernest Wilford last minute catch to beat Bills on opening day

Scobee 59 yarder to beat Indy

Scobee 51 yarder to beat Indy

Darius clocks Ferguson

Chris Hudson returns blocked FG on MNF.

McCardell catches 18 passes in single game

Beasley picks off Marino on first play in 99 playoffs

Brunnell over 4300 yards in 96

Jimmy over 100 catches in 99

Fred Taylor beats Bucs with a handoff from shotgun in 98.

Fred Taylor outruns Marion 95 yards in 99 playoffs vs Dolphins

Jeff Lageman stops Kelly on 4th down in Buffulo playoffs to secure the win

I could go on for days......

Great memories. 

One minor point of correction:  the Bobby Shaw punt return to beat the Eagles was here, not in Philly.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

that long KR of MJD against the steelers in the playoffs in 2007.  I had been in Iraq for 9 months at the time and had to be awake at something like 3 am over there huddled up in a small room with a bunch of steelers fans.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Garrard run in the playoffs without a DOUBT.

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Personally, my favorite memory was when the Jaguars beat the Texans on Thursday Night two years ago. I usually take my son to two or three games a year and that was the first time he saw a win. I think he was more excited than he's been even on Christmas morning.

;

;

MJD lights up Merriman.

I dunno if it is my favorite... but it sticks out the most to me. Many of the early glory Jag days I was pretty young

By the time MJD came around I was a young adult and that play, blitz pick up protecting DG sticks out anytime someone asks one of these "specific plays" type questions.

I believe the play resulted in a TD to Lewis.

Quote:Garrard run in the playoffs without a DOUBT.
The one where we didn't get called for the hold?

Yeah... squeeler fans were maaaad. 

I was 3rd row on the 48 behind the Indy bench for the 375 game. That was pretty sweet.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Does anyone have the Fred Taylor Mike Doss clip?? I could never find it, one of my favorite moments for sure.

Quote:The one where we didn't get called for the hold?

Yeah... squeeler fans were maaaad. 

Eh. The Steelers had gone for it on 4th down and missed it a few drives before. But they flagged Brian Williams for PI when the replays clearly showed Hines Ward pulling Brian Williams down by the facemask. They ended up scoring on that drive.

;

;

44-17 vs the Colts. MJD and Taylor took off that game, my favorite game of all time. 

Quote:62-7.

Honorable mention: Fred Taylor vs Mike Doss.

Quote:
Quote:Agree - I think that win over the Dolphins was one of the best games ever by the Jaguars. 

Quote:Definitely 62-7.

It felt good being King for a day.
I'm in on this one....I'll add beating the Broncos after being called the Jagwads. 

Recently? Hmmm...top coming off the hottie in the pool? 

Blakes Life Matters