Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is your favorite Jacksonville Jaguars memory?

Quote:I'm in on this one....I'll add beating the Broncos after being called the Jagwads. 

Recently? Hmmm...top coming off the hottie in the pool? 
I still use Jagwads as one of my fantasy teams names

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 12:53 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

I became a Jaguars fan during the 1997 preseason, so unfortunately I can't count Morten Andersen's miss. My all-time favorite Jaguars play is Hail Michael - not just for what it was, but also Gus Johnson's emotional reaction.

For whole games, obviously the 62-7 playoff win over Miami tops  all of them.

My favorite part of the 9-0 game on MNF was seeing our defense aim for the right side of Big Ben's abdomen and his grimace after the play. We did that to him several times during the second half knowing he just had a useless organ removed there.

My favorite memory is Fred closing down Three Rivers Dumpsterfire with an all time rushing record performance of 234 yards and 3 TDs on 11/19/2000.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 01:03 PM by The Real Marty.)

Without any doubt, my favorite all time Jaguars memory was Morten Anderson's missed FG. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP8_jPMQnqU

So why is that my greatest memory?  Because in a span of about one second I went from the depths of depression to the heights of ecstasy.   I have never felt an emotional swing like that except for that one time. 

And from where I was sitting, the kick looked like it was good.   I couldn't believe it when the fans in the North end zone jumped up and the official said no good. 

I'm saddened by the fact that we have so few memories of anything of the past 5 years.

Please Caldwell, please turn the ship around.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

when we won the Bourbon Bowl after being down at halftime

Quote:If the Morton Anderson missed field goal in '96, the victory against the supposed Superbowl bound Broncos in the Playoffs that same year or the Miami Dolphins playoff rout in '99 aren't your top 3 in which ever order you choose...  you're probably under 35 years old.  Not that I'm much older than that.
I'm 30 and that would be my top 3. It's also hard not to forget my first NFL game and Jaguars game in 95. Seahawks won behind Joey Galloway but it was still my 1st.

Punter in the third !!! All medias were talking about us...sadly.

Quote:Let's change it up a bit and talk about your favorite Jaguar memory;

Go Jags!

OH NO !!!   IT'S ONLY WEEK 4 AND WE'RE ON TO THIS TOPIC ALREADY :thumbsup:   Can't we save this topic and the 2016 Mock Draft for Week 6

Sitting in the stands of the stadium watching the plane flight back from Denver at 2 am in 1996.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds8Tj26oNMw

Quote:Sitting in the stands of the stadium watching the plane flight back from Denver at 2 am in 1996.
This.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I was 3rd row on the 48 behind the Indy bench for the 375 game. That was pretty sweet.
You know when people usually say "we would like to impose our will on the other team"?

Well, that day, we certainly imposed our will on Indy. Our rushing attack was marvelous.... 

Getting hammered and yelling at Steelers fans.

Huh

Quote:You know when people usually say "we would like to impose our will on the other team"?

Well, that day, we certainly imposed our will on Indy. Our rushing attack was marvelous.... 

We absolutely crushed them.   And then they went on to win the Super Bowl.  

One memory that stands out is the MNF game against Miami in 1998.  Rookie Fred Taylor busted a long run at the beginning of the game. And Keenan McCardell caught a bomb at the end of the game to score the winning TD.

Also, if I recall, Jason Taylor and Boselli got into a jawing match.  I think Tony won the battle that night.

Quote:I still use Jagwads as one of my fantasy teams names
LOL...Thats our whole league name..we just add the year..ie Jagwads 15

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:My favorite memory is Fred closing down Three Rivers Dumpsterfire with an all time rushing record performance of 234 yards and 3 TDs on 11/19/2000.
Good one. I had Freddy in FF that year and was down by quite a bit that game. remember watching it bed..and after the 3rd TD...boom...INSTANT TENT

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Being 30, I remember all the important seasons we've had since the inaugural, but I only started becoming a hard core fan since 03. My favorite era is the Del Rio years because of the above mention, hense the Del Rio picture.

I still remember watching all the titans games with my dad in 99, and how irate we both were that they defeated us 3 times. Still upsetting.

My first game ever attended was Baltimore in 96. It was a cold punt fest, but we won.

I hear you about how upsetting it was for the Titans to be the only team to beat us that year. I can take some solice realizing that Marshall Faulk would have exploited the Jaguars only real defensive weakness meaning the Jaguars probably would have lost the SB anyways that year, however, I couldn't stand the thought of the Titans winning a SB before the Jaguars. I feel so strongly about this that I consider the greatest single moment in NFL history to be the play where the Rams stopped the Titans one yard short of the end zone in that year's SB. 'Til this day the one thing I require as a fan is for the Jaguars to take home a Lombardi before the Titans do.

As for my first game, is what Bengals at the Jaguars in '95. The game was basically a shoot-out remeniscent of the Ravens-Raiders game from earlier this year. Jaguars, much like the Ravens, would have won if not for a penalty at the very end of the game.

'02

Quote:Jags playoff victory at Pittsburgh, 07/08. I teared up.

Mary Garrard was made famous that day for her "cha ching" comment.

'02