Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is your favorite Jacksonville Jaguars memory?

Winning.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:All the obvious games/plays aside, the one I remember most came in that 07 playoff game in Pittsburgh and it wasn't Garrard's scramble (which we got away with hold on btw).

Pittsburgh got the ball to open the game and marched down the field. Scored a TD on their opening drive. The place was going crazy! The air was electric. Terrible towels were waving. They were loving it.

So then they go to kick it off to us for our first possession. Guess who is back there to receive the kickoff? That's right, Maurice Jones Drew. He returns that sucker all the way to their 1 yard line lol. It was great! I couldn't believe it; Stillers fans couldn't believe it. It shut the whole stadium down and set the tone for the whole game. We jammed it in from there for the TD to tie it up. But after that return, you just knew what kind of game this was going to be: absolutely awesome.

I don't know what it is about the Steelers, but Jaguars-Steelers games have consistently been the best games to watch. They're either intense and down to the wire, or the feature the Jaguars sticking it to them making it even better.

'02

Mine was sitting in stands  in 96 when Morten Andersen was about to kick field goal that he ultimately missed telling fans around us that even though it was rare Morten could miss from that distance and he did sending us to playoffs.

Close second was when Ferric Collons the year before threw his helmet 40 yards after three fights during Coughlin's aggressive spring minicamp workout. After the last fight, Collons was so upset he threw his opponent's helmet 40 yards. Coughlin ordered Collons to retrieve the helmet. Collons, deciding that the action would humiliate him, refused. Coughlin released him on the spot, reportedly saying, "Bye, bye, bye."

I miss Stroud & Henderson!!

3rd downs, they start dancing and jawing getting the fans up.  Beasts!! I miss that swag!  They're a great memory for me.

My favorite moments are when we win. I want more moments.

In addition to many of the things already mentioned, I liked the beginning of the '97 season. Brunell was hurt, and we started off with Rob Johnson. And we won. Then he got hurt and we were down to our third string (Steve Mathews maybe?). I watched a game against the Giants with a Giants fan and we destroyed them with our third string QB.

The talk in the media became the success of the QBs was just due to the system. Brunell and company turned that into a joke by changing the names over their lockers to System 8, System 10 and System 15. Good times. The Jags seemed invincible then.

Quote:Getting hammered and yelling at Steelers fans.

At the Monday night game? Way too many Steelers fans there - lots of Terrible Towels.

Quote:I don't know what it is about the Steelers, but Jaguars-Steelers games have consistently been the best games to watch. They're either intense and down to the wire, or the feature the Jaguars sticking it to them making it even better.

One of them had an exciting ending: Rashean Mathis winning it in overtime with a Tommy Maddox pick six. Then there was the one where Fred Taylor ran 234 yards.

My 3 favorite memories about the Jaguars:

3. Morten Anderson's missed field goal in 96. I had invited a friend from Atlanta to the game. Right before he attempted the kick, my friend said.

"Don't worry, he'll miss. These are the Falcons."

2. The victory over Denver in 96 culminated by the Jimmy Smith touchdown. Greatest win, ever, considering how big of an underdog they were combined

with the opportunity to play in the AFC championship in their 2nd season.

1. Turning on the radio after work in 1993 to learn that the Jaguars would be awarded an NFL franchise. This was a magical day that may never be equaled

unless we win the Super Bowl. I went to a local pub (currently Mandarin Ale House), to watch the commissioner make the official announcement.

The morten anderson miss that sent us to the playoffs in '96 season

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:My 3 favorite memories about the Jaguars:

3. Morten Anderson's missed field goal in 96. I had invited a friend from Atlanta to the game. Right before he attempted the kick, my friend said.

"Don't worry, he'll miss. These are the Falcons."

2. The victory over Denver in 96 culminated by the Jimmy Smith touchdown. Greatest win, ever, considering how big of an underdog they were combined

with the opportunity to play in the AFC championship in their 2nd season.

1. Turning on the radio after work in 1993 to learn that the Jaguars would be awarded an NFL franchise. This was a magical day that may never be equaled

unless we win the Super Bowl. I went to a local pub (currently Mandarin Ale House), to watch the commissioner make the official announcement.

All good, but I was not a Jaguars fan until after that Broncos game, which was actually in 1997.

I hate it when people say "in 1996" instead of "1996 playoffs." When you say "in 1996," that means it was for the 1995 season.

Quote:All good, but I was not a Jaguars fan until after that Broncos game, which was actually in 1997.

I hate it when people say

"in 1996" instead of "1996 playoffs." When you say "in 1996," that means it was for the 1995 season.

We hate it when you're pedantic.

The 1996 playoffs happened in 1997, so just stop it. All the real fans of this team know what we're talking about when we say "1996."

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:All the obvious games/plays aside, the one I remember most came in that 07 playoff game in Pittsburgh and it wasn't Garrard's scramble (which we got away with hold on btw).

Pittsburgh got the ball to open the game and marched down the field. Scored a TD on their opening drive. The place was going crazy! The air was electric. Terrible towels were waving. They were loving it.

So then they go to kick it off to us for our first possession. Guess who is back there to receive the kickoff? That's right, Maurice Jones Drew. He returns that sucker all the way to their 1 yard line lol. It was great! I couldn't believe it; Stillers fans couldn't believe it. It shut the whole stadium down and set the tone for the whole game. We jammed it in from there for the TD to tie it up. But after that return, you just knew what kind of game this was going to be: absolutely awesome.
That was my pick too i remember the postgame they asked MoJo what he was thinking when he was waiting for the kick and he said something along hte lines of "i'm freezing"

Quote:Truly an awesome game. The environment and weather was perfect. Cold, flurries, and smash mouth football. How I miss the days when Jags football was fun.

my favorite game from start to finish  all the way through was great.

Quote:that long KR of MJD against the steelers in the playoffs in 2007.  I had been in Iraq for 9 months at the time and had to be awake at something like 3 am over there huddled up in a small room with a bunch of steelers fans.
just to rehash myself, watching that game in a hot desert and seeing flurries on the field a white background was great.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 11:37 PM by IndyJagsFan.)

I was living in Valdosta, GA and got the idea that my son was old enough to go to a football game. I had been listening to the Jaguars games on local radio and bought tickets to the Sunday Night game against the Seahawks in 1996. Got to the stadium and experienced a sea of teal and an electric atmosphere. Disney laser light show at halftime, open air stadium on the water, fans going crazy, stopped them four straight times after 1st and goal at the one, and then Brunell engineered the winning drive to close out the show. My son was four and remembered every moment from that game. Became a Jaguars fan that night and never looked back.

jags blocking a field goal attempt by the steelers . chris hudson returns it for a td . cowers wants to lay some wood as Hudson flies by

So nobody's favorite moment is when we were introduced at the tunnel at our inaugural game I would count that if I was there.

Quote:So nobody's favorite moment is when we were introduced at the tunnel at our inaugural game I would count that if I was there.
Well I was there, but I was 5 so my memory is a bit hazy.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

The entire '99 season when we went 14-2 ( both losses to the Titans), and the first half of the AFC Championship game.........the closest we've gotten to the Super Bowl.

Quote:The entire '99 season when we went 14-2 ( both losses to the Titans), and the first half of the AFC Championship game.........the closest we've gotten to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, but the season itself wasn't all that exciting as the Jaguars typically won games easily by going through the motions against all of the league's bottom dwellers. It's been said there's no such thing as an easy schedule, but that year's schedule totally debunks this saying.

'02

Quote:I don't know what it is about the Steelers, but Jaguars-Steelers games have consistently been the best games to watch. They're either intense and down to the wire, or the feature the Jaguars sticking it to them making it even better.

The Jaguars and Steelers have indeed had many great games.   The one that the Jags won 9-0 last decade was a tremendous Defensive game.  

The Steelers games against the Ravens,  as evidenced by the tremendous game last night,  have been terrific for the most part as well.     As an NFL fan,  my preference would have been for the Jags to continue to play the Steelers and Ravens twice as season.   I enjoy low scoring games in which every yard is critical.    Those are type of games that very often occur when these teams play each other.