Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Julius Thomas Set To Make Debut?

Rumor has it he re-injured his hand unloading his money at the bank.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Delete threat, it's just spreading false information.  JT is NOT making his debut.  

Quote:I think people are just frustrated that he underwent surgery after a few weeks of doing the conservative route unsuccessfully.

Even if it was 50-50 that it could heal on its own, why take that risk.  Get it operated on and "fixed" so you're ready for the season opener.

What I really think happened is that he had a set-back in his rehab and injured it more - which had to get surgically fixed.  Maybe he fell on his hand again, maybe he didn't follow the protocol - or maybe he was misdiagnosed.

Or maybe I'm just coming up with conspiracy theories.

From what I understand is that they had to wait for swelling to go down which takes a bit of time. They wanted him back by game 1 so they gave it a week or so to see how it healed and once it showed that it wasn't healing the way they would like they decided to do the surgery. In reality it probably only set him back about a week by not doing it instantly because they had to wait for the swelling to go down anyway.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 07:52 PM by Atreas.)

Just a bunch of hopefuls, spreading rumors. He's not playing. Not even cleared medically.

Sucks Thomas won't be able to go. I hope Lee can atleast go.
No commercial messages in sigs

In the mean time the team has seemed to just give up on the TE position.

*shrugs*

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:In the mean time the team has seemed to just give up on the TE position.

*shrugs*

Lewis had a nice play in the beginning of the game. Called back by a phantom illegal formation call.

One could argue that play forced bortles later in the game to lock on to Lewis to make a big play but caused an errant throw (interception). I don't mind those mistakes much because it's happens with a gunslinger and can be reduced in his career.

Quote:I think people are just frustrated that he underwent surgery after a few weeks of doing the conservative route unsuccessfully.

Even if it was 50-50 that it could heal on its own, why take that risk.  Get it operated on and "fixed" so you're ready for the season opener.

Have you ever had surgery or know anyone that has?  Surgery is always the riskier option.  If there's a chance to rehab an injury with physical therapy alone, that's the route you take.  Where's Joan Rivers when you need her?  Oh right...

Quote:What I really think happened is that he had a set-back in his rehab and injured it more - which had to get surgically fixed.  Maybe he fell on his hand again, maybe he didn't follow the protocol - or maybe he was misdiagnosed.

Or maybe I'm just coming up with conspiracy theories.

Today is 4 weeks to the day that he had surgery...  on his hand...  which is his livelihood.   It's much more likely that he just isn't ready to catch a 50 mph+ football in his 4 weeks removed surgically repaired hand.

This is a team of marshmallows... the players are soft.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:In the mean time the team has seemed to just give up on the TE position.

*shrugs*

Didn't Clay Harbor catch a TD pass last week?  What position does he play again?

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

I slightly edited the title to make it a question instead of a statement.

With Julius not yet cleared and actually proving he can catch passes, it sounds like it's going to be one more week. I was sincerely hoping he'd be ablet to play in this game, but I'm sure the team will want to get a look at him actually catching speedy passes before including him in the gameplan. Julius is saying he's been getting reps in order to maintiain timing with Blake so that the second he's cleared he'll be ready to play, and this gives me confidence he'll be good to go for the Bucs game.

There's still a slight chance this is all a smoke screen and Gus will throw him in on gameday, but that would be an absolute first from Gus and would have me rolling on the floor that he'd actually go there.

'02

Quote:[Image: 14687301.jpg]

I'm hoping I get a text in the middle of the night (saying), 'You're cleared,' and the next day, I'm ready to go," he said. "I don't want to speculate to get everybody too excited, myself included. I want to wait and when I find out, you'll see me pulling that helmet down and running around."

Sounds like thumbs down in regards to him playing against the Colts... sigh.

It's an annoyance we are 25% into the season and the best players have yet to be on the field.  Snakebitten once again.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Is marks gonna play?

Quote:It's an annoyance we are 25% into the season and the best players have yet to be on the field.  Snakebitten once again.

The reason they keep doing the Rick Flair is that football is as fake as wrestling, and the small market low fan turn out of Jacksonville doesnt warrant the CEO of the NFL allowing them more than a qtr of wins this season...

sacarism

Quote:Is marks gonna play?

Probably not. He's superhuman but genocide Atkins wasn't rushed back from a similar injury AND took another 8 games to regain his form. There is zero guarantee marks will ever be back at the same level he was in 2014.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 05:51 AM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:Didn't Clay Harbor catch a TD pass last week?  What position does he play again?

For the one of the few times in the first three games was he even targeted. Also in garbage time.

same for Lewis.

Other teams target their TE quite a bit.

its like we've forgotten we even have men at the positiion.

I've seen the tE open at the home games and they were just ignored.

BTW.....Clay and Lewis are two of my favorite players.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Delete threat, it's just spreading false information.  JT is NOT making his debut.  

Delete posters, they're just spreading false information. JT is NOT making his debut.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.