Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: From the 2013 class, which players would you extend?
Luke Joeckel
Johnathan Cyprien
Dwayne Gratz
Denard Robinson
Josh Evans
Demetrius McCray
[Show Results]

Which Draft Picks Would You Extend?

I voted against the agenda....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I voted against the agenda....
Yes, because evaluating the draft picks of your general manager is an agenda.

Quote:Yes, because evaluating the draft picks of your general manager is an agenda.
so.... just to be sure...

we're talking about extending draft picks of 2 and 3 drafts ago?

Well... given that our current situation leaves us little to no options better than what we currently have....

I'm thinking quite a few get extensions...

If I'm making the bold choice of playing GM, I certainly can't be as bold as to predict who I would extend at seasons end, without knowing how they perform this season.

I doubt I extend ANY players drafted in 2014 quite yet....

2013 is full of "promise" and not much proof, so many of those picks might play through their contract year before getting any contract talks.

My point....

this is premature talk, to say the least....

Premature you would think all teams would wait until the end of the season to evaluate their players, free agents coming available, trade bait, and draft but not the general managers on this board who know they are smarter than all 32 teams and think it is time to discuss 3 games into season Genius

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 05:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Hurns should be one of the guys at the top of the list

Couple of things here.

First the Jags are carrying over something like 43 Mil to the 2016 cap

Second, the cap was 143 Mil in 2015 and conservatively it seems to be going up around 10 Mil per season.

Third, the Jags will most likely be active in Free Agency again in 2016 but I suspect the team will only target up to three significant players.

Lastly the CBA requires that the Jags spend their cap space so the team will be spending the money.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 06:55 PM by Warjag.)

I realize why they have saving their money for 2013 draft picks with contracts running out next year.

The problem is they all stink. They will have to be active in free agency are be fined by the NFL for not spending enough money.

2014 picks is outanding though

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 01:11 AM by D0hv.)

Just Linder. Out of all Dave's picks he's the only consistently good one. And besides D-Rob, that whole 2013 draft class can go to hell.
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Quote:Now Hurns might be a player we look to extend after this season since he only signed a 3-year deal as a UDFA.

I think it's a good idea if he has a good year. He'd be cheap and a quality flanker.