Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
whats with all the injuries?

So I cant help but wonder why this team has so many injuries? 

are the Jags conditioning coaches that bad?

We seem to have more injuries than any other team in the NFL, seems we have a pretty poor conditioning and training program 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Same as always, man... We're injured year in and year out. Our team is plagued with injuries and not just small injuries, but major injures to KEY players.

Great question.  We have 6-8 key players out every week it seems.  You can't win without your horses. Not that we would have beat the Patriots with JT, Marks, Lee, etc but man you're fighting a big uphill battle when you bringing guys up on Friday to start on Sunday.

Quote:So I cant help but wonder why this team has so many injuries? 

We seem to have more injuries than any other team in the NFL, seems we have a pretty poor conditioning and training program 

Every team has injuries. 

Why do we desperately need to blame someone for injuries?  Will it make you feel better to have one target to demand be fired?

The current training staff aren't to blame for broken bones, abdominal strains, separated shoulders, knee injuries, or a host of other issues.  It's football.  Injuries happen.  Blame the guy who invented the game.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

>every team has injuries

I checked the injury report last week. The Patriots had ONE GUY who was doubtful/out. We had about 10. And that's not including guys like Fowler and Arrelious Benn. Yes injuries happen but they rarely happen at the clip that this team endures. Really make you question if it's something more because of how injury prone this team is.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Great question.  We have 6-8 key players out every week it seems.  You can't win without your horses. Not that we would have beat the Patriots with JT, Marks, Lee, etc but man you're fighting a big uphill battle when you bringing guys up on Friday to start on Sunday.

It wouldn't be so bad if we were talking one key player and a couple of back ups...but no. In typical Jaguars fashion, it seems like our injury report is dominated by starters and key players.

Tis sorcery I say...SORCERY!

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

this is our Billy Goat Curse

the originator of the curse is John Oesher

this goofy dude must go before we win anything worthwhile

injuries and loses will continue until he's shipped back to hong kong on a cargo plane full of rubber dog stuff

#becauseJaguars........

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

It is the NFL Not For Long.(Average NFL career length 6.1 % of those on opening day roster...if you count those on training camp roster it drops to 3.1%)

Just checked Injury/IR list of all 32 teams  there are 12 teams who are same or worse than Jags. Most teams are right around our number there are only about 8 teams who only have a small number of injured players.

Quote:It is the NFL Not For Long. Just checked Injury/IR list of all 32 teams  there are 12 teams who are same or worse than Jags. Most teams are right around our number there are only about 8 teams who only have a small number of injured players.
Are those player front line starters like ours? I think thats were most fans frustrations are coming from. 

Quote:>every team has injuries

I checked the injury report last week. The Patriots had ONE GUY who was doubtful/out. We had about 10. And that's not including guys like Fowler and Arrelious Benn. Yes injuries happen but they rarely happen at the clip that this team endures. Really make you question if it's something more because of how injury prone this team is.
Is this guy coming back? I liked him in training camp and I think he can be good, but injuries are killing his career.

Who would have thought that someone would be injured while playing such a benign sport.....

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Every team has injuries. 

Why do we desperately need to blame someone for injuries?  Will it make you feel better to have one target to demand be fired?

The current training staff aren't to blame for broken bones, abdominal strains, separated shoulders, knee injuries, or a host of other issues.  It's football.  Injuries happen.  Blame the guy who invented the game.
I actually think proper strength and conditioning can help to avoid injuries.  You're correct that at times, there will be problems regardless.  However when one team is constantly injured, I think it's valid to look into the methods of these coaches and training regimens.  All I know is every year the Jaguars players drop like flies.  

Quote:Great question.  We have 6-8 key players out every week it seems.  You can't win without your horses. Not that we would have beat the Patriots with JT, Marks, Lee, etc but man you're fighting a big uphill battle when you bringing guys up on Friday to start on Sunday.

To this I agree... Many posters dispelled the fact that Brady picked apart our 3rd and 4th string secondary...

OUCH...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:I actually think proper strength and conditioning can help to avoid injuries.  You're correct that at times, there will be problems regardless.  However when one team is constantly injured, I think it's valid to look into the methods of these coaches and training regimens.  All I know is every year the Jaguars players drop like flies.  
Speaking of "dropping like flies", didn't we revamp the entire training staff because of numerious injuries? They, the injuries are still prescent even w/the new training staff so the staff wasn't the issue...

NH3...

"AZANE"

They need better hamstring trainers. They also need better hand/finger/ wrist trainers because of Julius Thomas and James sample.

Everybody stopped smoking weed

freakish that Dante Fowler  gets an ACL injury on his very first practice as a pro. just bad luck or is there a jaguars curse like the curse of the Billygoat?

Here's my take with the injuries, especially on the defensive line: Fowler got hurt? That sucks, but how about going out and trading for someone with promise. Standing pat isn't the only option.

Get off your [BLEEP] Caldwell. Your job isn't done just because it isn't the offseason anymore.

Quote:So I cant help but wonder why this team has so many injuries? 

Its the curse of the Andrew Luck Beard hair.... Luck is in the air...