Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Olson

Quote:The end result was the same but not the cause. Denard's in particular was just a poor throw by Bortles.

Also, it's not like we have an abundance of goal line plays we've seen work with this team. Maybe that is one of the better options during the practice week.
ARob, Marcedes, Julius (granted he's hurt). I'm also not saying not to throw the ball the RBs....but a back shoulder throw? Its not exactly the easiest catch to make

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We've ran this play during the scrimmage and preseason too....and it didn't work then.
Preseason

This season

PICK ONE

Quote:ARob, Marcedes, Julius (granted he's hurt). I'm also not saying not to throw the ball the RBs....but a back shoulder throw? Its not exactly the easiest catch to make

The pass to Grant was not a back shoulder throw.

Julius hasn't played a down, Lewis hasn't been reliable in the red zone since 2010, and we use ARob in the red zone pretty extensively already.

IMO, If the RB is open and you put it on his hands, he just needs to catch it.

Quote:My early thoughts are that the play calling is good enough to keep the ball moving and defenses guessing, but it does seem to bog down a bit in the red zone and the run game still needs all sorts of work to be effective.

Keep in mind the offense was designed in part knowing Julius would be a central figure, and he's been gone. You'd like to be able to rely on Marcedes more, but he's dropped more than half the passes thrown his way.

02 Thomas hardly practiced. We have had 7 weeks to prepare without him. That is not a good excuse

In Grant's defense.... the pass was a tad overthrown... it would have been a great catch.

'02

Olsen is a bad coordinator. Stats look great but how did we only manage 13 points? All in the first half and nothing in the second half.

Quote:Olsen is a bad coordinator. Stats look great but how did we only manage 13 points? All in the first half and nothing in the second half.
Olson's halftime adjustment was rainbow sprinkles. Clearly, he should have gone with chocolate.

Quote:I'm starting to think that Greg Olsen is a bad offensive coordinator. Carr did alright last year and this year he looks like Flacco. Olsen was probably holding back Carr last year. I hope he gets creative fast because our offense needs help. We have the talent in place, it needs to be coached correctly. Agree or Disagree?

We are 29th in points per game, 22nd in passing yards per game, 24th in yards per game, and 23rd in rushing yards per game.

I dunno why they hired Olson, but he hasnt been horrible i mean the OC only suggests plays to be called HC could jump in...

either way the Players have to execute too.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 08:52 AM by Kotite.)

All I will say is.. if you say all week you expect to be able to run against Indy... And you get first and goal from the 3. Run the stinking ball. Was okay with most of the rest of the play calling, but this confused me.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Olsen is a bad coordinator. Stats look great but how did we only manage 13 points? All in the first half and nothing in the second half.
Because of bad penalties, missed kicks, drops, miscues..... This team was in Colts territory 6 times in the 2nd half and didn't score. How is that even possible?

Quote:Because blowing up a roster and rebuilding it with youth doesn't come with an expected step back before the team starts to turn the corner? The one constant besides the head coach, DC, GM, and owner is the youth movement that has taken place with the roster. It's not like this team has been stocked with experienced pro bowl talent. Young teams struggle. That's just a fact, and the struggling is to be expected, especially when in year 3 you make a complete change on one side of the ball.

Who told Dave to blow it up and go young and inexperienced across the board?

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 08:56 AM by Solid Snake.)

Why doesn't Olson bootleg, QB option etc use Bortles mobility to score points in the redzone.

Quote:Why doesn't Olson bootleg, QB option etc use Bortles mobility to score points in the redzone.

I'm with ya there. That 3rd down was a perfect opportunity. They sold out on the pass. He could have walked in.

Quote:Why doesn't Olson bootleg, QB option etc use Bortles mobility to score points in the redzone.

Once they stopped collapsing on the play action their coverage was tighter.  Defensive coaches have no problem adjusting to our game plan.  They don't trust the young and inexperienced offense to do anything outside of the paired down play book that is installed as the game plan.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I'm with ya there. That 3rd down was a perfect opportunity. They sold out on the pass. He could have walked in.

He needs to mix it up. All this run up the middle and hope for the best is [BLEEP]. Blake is not good at the fade yet. Throw a TE screen. Run split backs with Rbs get them in space with option to take it and run or pass to either back or wr. Misdirection something. Play calling is awful. Do something our guys can excel at!!!

Quote:Once they stopped collapsing on the play action their coverage was tighter. Defensive coaches have no problem adjusting to our game plan. They don't trust the young and inexperienced offense to do anything outside of the paired down play book that is installed as the game plan.

How many teams have legitimately stopped Bortles from running?

Bringing in Slowby cold off the bench and running him up the gut in OT was really stupid.

Running up the middle on 3rd and 11 while just barely in FG range, wow way to show confidence in your young QB.

I will say, at least Olson is better at calling plays than Dead Fish
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Bringing in Slowby cold off the bench and running him up the gut in OT was really stupid.

Running up the middle on 3rd and 11 while just barely in FG range, wow way to show confidence in your young QB.

I will say, at least Olson is better at calling plays than Dead Fish

Tell me why he's even still on the roster?

Quote:He needs to mix it up. All this run up the middle and hope for the best is [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Blake is not good at the fade yet. Throw a TE screen. Run split backs with Rbs get them in space with option to take it and run or pass to either back or wr. Misdirection something. Play calling is awful. Do something our guys can excel at!!!

And we need to run the stretch play more otherwise the middle will stay clogged.

Quote:Tell me why he's even still on the roster?

To pound out that tough yardage in preseason. Can't wait until we get Denard back.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!