Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Jaguars sponsorship strategy aims to be a gamechanger"

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/...?ana=yahoo

Interesting read about how the Jaguars are changing the marketing landscape in the NFL.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who cares. Win games.

Quote:Who cares. Win games.

This sums up my thoughts as well.

Wins will come. You guys are kind of negative.

Quote:Wins will come. You guys are kind of negative.

Got a timetable on that?

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 02:36 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

Staying on topic here. That has been one of the biggest changes Khan has made here. It almost seemed like Weaver was resistant to selling sponsorships with this team. It is a big reason for the gain in value for this franchise.

Quote:Got a timetable on that?
2030? And then our team will die in a plane crash and we'll start from scratch again. 

Quote:Who cares. Win games.
If you live in Jacksonville you should. Considering we aren't actually winning games, this is probably a big reason why the Jaguars are still here.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

This would be more well received in the off season during a slow news time, not after a blow out.

Quote:If you live in Jacksonville you should. Considering we aren't actually winning games, this is probably a big reason why the Jaguars are still here.

If not the biggest. 

2060 SUPERBOWL BABY !!!!

How long have we been hearing this? When is it going to happen?? It's not being negative...it's being realistic!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 03:48 PM by Scarecrow.)

So now offering reality is being negative?

The marketing stuff is great. I don't care that the team is a "gamechanger" in that.

Be a gamechanger on the field and I'll be impressed.

"ALLIN" I believe is being sarcastic. Read his thoughts in the Greg Olsen thread. I think it's one of those OH SO FUNNY  I'm doing the opposite of how I really feel. Dripping sarcasm. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Guys, if you were a consumer of a product for many years because it was a great taste, then suddenly they changed the formula and the product got nasty, would you continue to consume the product because of your loyalty to the company despite the fact you hate the taste and whine about it constantly? Basically, it's the same thing with the football team. You dislike the product so much you'll whine about it, yet you keep drinking the nasty. So if its that bad and you can't handle it.....find another product.

No way say it ain't so about negativity here. IMO Shad brought in outsiders who already had success with prosports marketing. They evaluated the market and adapted accordingly like building a house at stadium and then in 2 years donating to local veteran family. Win Win company gets local marketing presence and then gets goodwill and write off on cost to build house. It doesn't hurt Shad has disposable income to spend tens of millions on all the off field upgrades either.

Whining about the wins and losses was completely irrelevant to the article posted. Stop being babies.

Quote:Guys, if you were a consumer of a product for many years because it was a great taste, then suddenly they changed the formula and the product got nasty, would you continue to consume the product because of your loyalty to the company despite the fact you hate the taste and whine about it constantly? Basically, it's the same thing with the football team. You dislike the product so much you'll whine about it, yet you keep drinking the nasty. So if its that bad and you can't handle it.....find another product.

The difference is there is nothing comparable to NFL and even though product is bad for just as long as Jaguars and had worse stadium people kept buying in to Patriots

Quote:How long have we been hearing this? When is it going to happen?? It's not being negative...it's being realistic!

I'm not sure if serious. Honestly you have to have faith. The players are improving if you can't see it I feel bad for you. Do you think they like losing? Of course not. They will win I will bet on it!

Quote:"ALLIN" I believe is being sarcastic. Read his thoughts in the Greg Olsen thread. I think it's one of those OH SO FUNNY I'm doing the opposite of how I really feel. Dripping sarcasm. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I'm a really optimistic person. Would you like to hear more. I wake up every morning talking like the Burger King guy who says crooooooosandwhich!! I say this for about 5 mins before my milk and toast. Then I like to pretend that I'm the president and I blow up all of our enemies with marshmallow bombs.