Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Jaguars sponsorship strategy aims to be a gamechanger"

Quote:Guys, if you were a consumer of a product for many years because it was a great taste, then suddenly they changed the formula and the product got nasty, would you continue to consume the product because of your loyalty to the company despite the fact you hate the taste and whine about it constantly? Basically, it's the same thing with the football team. You dislike the product so much you'll whine about it, yet you keep drinking the nasty. So if its that bad and you can't handle it.....find another product.
Except they have a monopoly on the market. If Jacksonville was awarded a second NFL franchise that was competent, I would switch over and become a fan of theirs. It will never happen though.

Example*

If I was born in New York, where there is more than one option, I would most likely be a Giants fan that way I can at least hope to have my team in the playoffs on occasion.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So now offering reality is being negative?

The marketing stuff is great. I don't care that the team is a "gamechanger" in that.

Be a gamechanger on the field and I'll be impressed.

You clicked on the thread though

Also, you know your team is bad when the trolls make positive comments to get a rise from you.

Such as "ALLIN"

As a participating member of the Jaguars Black program I can attest to their cutting edge marketing philosophy. They have continually  and aggressively targeted the small business community in Jax. Some posting in this thread clearly have zero invested in this city. Their opinion simply does not matter to the organization. Wonderful job by the front office. Thanks for the link.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

To the herp derp win games crowd, you guys do realize Caldwell and Bradley aren't splitting their time between preparing for next week's game and how to effectively advertise corporate sponsors, right?

No one should be bemoaning the fact the Jaguars seem to be on the forefront of some smart sponsorship strategies. Everybody wants to win games, but better incorporating sponsors and increasing revenue is what will keep the team viable long term in Jacksonville. That's huge.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 05:05 PM by haveaseat.)

Quote:To the herp derp win games crowd, you guys do realize Caldwell and Bradley aren't splitting their time between preparing for next week's game and how to effectively advertise corporate sponsors, right?

No one should be bemoaning the fact the Jaguars seem to be on the forefront of some smart sponsorship strategies. Everybody wants to win games, but better incorporating sponsors and increasing revenue is what will keep the team viable long term in Jacksonville. That's huge.

Hey wanna know what's even huger? Winning games and putting a winning product on the field. All the sponsorship strategy means jack if the team doesn't make an impact. That is the first, foremost and most important thing keeping the team viable in Jax.

I would rather our scoreboards just being an old Windows 95 computer monitor if it means getting the W.

Quote:As a participating member of the Jaguars Black program I can attest to their cutting edge marketing philosophy. They have continually  and aggressively targeted the small business community in Jax. Some posting in this thread clearly have zero invested in this city. Their opinion simply does not matter to the organization. Wonderful job by the front office. Thanks for the link.

I agree except it isn't that their opinion doesn't matter but rather JAGS are not spending a lot of marketing dollars on them because they know those folks will get on the bandwagon when the wins start. This too shall pass.

Quote:Who cares. Win games.
this

I think it's laughable that some of the more experienced members of this board are unwilling to embrace any positive news about this teams improving financial status because they aren't winning. These sponsors ensure the team sticks around even while they're losing, and I would rather enjoy reading the same people's responses should the sponsors all go away. Just because the players and coaches aren't doing their jobs on the field doesn't mean Khan isn't going to do his off the field.

Not enough rainbows in this thread. Rainbow Brite must be slackin.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:You clicked on the thread though

I did.

To offer my opinion.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Quote:Hey wanna know what's even huger? Winning games and putting a winning product on the field. All the sponsorship strategy means jack if the team doesn't make an impact. That is the first, foremost and most important thing keeping the team viable in Jax.

I would rather our scoreboards just being an old Windows 95 computer monitor if it means getting the W.

It's not an either/or scenario. It's not like Shad is investing in these types of things at the expense of winning. I'm sure Shad would gladly exchange the new scoreboards/locker rooms/etc. for a SuperBowl win, so feel free to point him in the direction where that deal can be made.

Quote:I did.

To offer my opinion.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

How does one decide whether they like your opinion or not if they don't read it?

Quote:How does one decide whether they like your opinion or not if they don't read it?

It's called the ignore feature. If you don't like reading my opinion, that solves your problem.

The NFL is a business and the Jaguars play a big role in it
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:It's called the ignore feature. If you don't like reading my opinion, that solves your problem.

What if I've usually been a fan of your posts but think you're being a Richard in this one instance? You're better IowaJags.

We should care because if it brings in more revenue it helps keep the team in Jax.  On the field performance is a totally different topic.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Absolutely. The marketing guys should stop doing their jobs really well, and start training themselves up as free safeties. Because putting work in on sponsorship deals absolutely detracts from any on-the-field efforts.

Off field we are the capitals of the entrepreneurial spirit....

On the field from week to week we are the surgeons of heart break.  Man, if/when they can get all the pieces going forward look out.  This article is great to read.  The old money and large market teams in this league want dynasty and to step on the small markets.  Breaking the mold and pushing limits is rarely something that occurs as a government mandate or from an entrenched business model.

kudos Jaguars organization for being creative enough to silo out these operations and move forward in a transparent and meaningful way.  I really hope the shipyard project starts moving forward with acceleration.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I'm a really optimistic person. Would you like to hear more. I wake up every morning talking like the Burger King guy who says crooooooosandwhich!! I say this for about 5 mins before my milk and toast. Then I like to pretend that I'm the president and I blow up all of our enemies with marshmallow bombs.

Not sure if serious......

One of these years.............