Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus can gain some trust if...

Quote:Well if these guys players and coaches as a whole aren't motivated to punch some teeth in after taking that historic beating then that will be pretty telling. It would be an indictment on players and coaches. Meaning Caldwell is not drafting big game players and coaches are not planning teaching and or capable.

I'm a big believer in that preparing for games properly any team can be in a position to win a game. You don't need a 5-star team, players get better when coaches put them in the position to get better. I love Gus and his attitude but he has to step it up, the next few weeks will tell if we will be .500 and better or end up winning a few games. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm a big believer in that preparing for games properly any team can be in a position to win a game. You don't need a 5-star team, players get better when coaches put them in the position to get better. I love Gus and his attitude but he has to step it up, the next few weeks will tell if we will be .500 and better or end up winning a few games.

It's has to start somewhere. But they have to show some heart against the divisional opponents most of all.

Quote:We aint beating the Colts people.  Our win vs Miami was a fluke.  Miami is not a very good team.

[Image: slap-o.gif] GIFSoup

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 11:32 AM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:He puts a game plan together to beat the colts. Remember when we actually used to be competitive against our division opponents. Well here's your chance Gus. The expectations are here now whether you like it or not. Beat the colts on Sunday and earn the benifit of the fans.
Yes this is the year we better be competitive vs the AFC south

Throw out Sundays game, lets evaluate this team going forward and it starts sunday

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Gus can gain some trust if he resigns like a real man

Quote:Yes this is the year we better be competitive vs the AFC south

Throw out Sundays game, lets evaluate this team going forward and it starts sunday

Hmm are we not supposed to know our own division? Even Delrio got prepared for division opponents. It would be nice if Gus could gain that attribute now. If not now we're supposed to wait till next season? When can we actually expect to see improvement?

Mad TV could have filled a whole season's worth of Lowered Expectaions episodes by just reading this board for a day.

Good grief you guys have the biggest loser mentality I've ever seen.

According to some of your logic, we can never expect to compete at a high level ever.

...he resigns!

Quote:He puts a game plan together to beat the colts. Remember when we actually used to be competitive against our division opponents. Well here's your chance Gus. The expectations are here now whether you like it or not. Beat the colts on Sunday and earn the benifit of the fans.

If you really think about it, preparing for the Colts should be similar to preparing for the Pats.  Perhaps if he just gameplans the opposite of what we did against the Pats, we'll be in good shape.

Can I give you all the George Costanza Opposite approach ...... see below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

How do you gameplan for having one starter available for the entire secondary?

Blitz every down?

Quote:How do you gameplan for having one starter available for the entire secondary?

Blitz every down?

Injuries are part of the game. Injuries occurred mid game in the phins game with our secondary aswell. Don't make excuses. Seriously every team deals with it.

Quote:He puts a game plan together to beat the colts. Remember when we actually used to be competitive against our division opponents [?] Well here's your chance Gus. The expectations are here now whether you like it or not. Beat the colts on Sunday and earn the benifit benefit of the fans.

Quote:...We're talking about making a realistic progression here that's all. The colts are vulnerable and we should be well prepared for a divisional opponent. It's time to show what they got.

I do remember how JDR's teams always seemed very prepared and ready to play Indianapolis. Not that they won too many of those, but they did play them tough. Thing was, they seemed to get caught with their respective pants down when faced with other teams, sometimes even within the Division. Anyone remember that Home loss to Houston in 2004?

I write all of that because I think that it speaks to the different mentalities that JDR and Bradley bring to the table. It always seemed to me that JDR wanted to beat the top dog and he was always preparing to do that thinking that if you can knock off the top dog then you can knock off everyone else. Whereas Bradley comes across as wanting his teams to compete regardless of who they were facing.

There are a lot of coaches out there who will tell you that the key to team's success is not in gameplanning, but rather on focusing what you yourself can control. Do what you do, and do it well.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:If you really think about it, preparing for the Colts should be similar to preparing for the Pats. Perhaps if he just gameplans the opposite of what we did against the Pats, we'll be in good shape.

Can I give you all the George Costanza Opposite approach ...... see below

In Gus's presser he stated that he should've been more aggressive against the pats speaking of the defense. Gus also proclaimed that they will be more aggressive going forward. That's a fact. So let's see it. Put your money where your mouth is Gus.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 12:05 PM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:I do remember how JDR's teams always seemed very prepared and ready to play Indianapolis. Not that they won too many of those, but they did play them tough. Thing was, they seemed to get caught with their respective pants down when faced with other teams, sometimes even within the Division. Anyone remember that Home loss to Houston in 2004?

I write all of that because I think that it speaks to the different mentalities that JDR and Bradley bring to the table. It always seemed to me that JDR wanted to beat the top dog and he was always preparing to do that thinking that if you can knock off the top dog then you can knock off everyone else. Whereas Bradley comes across as wanting his teams to compete regardless of who they were facing.

There are a lot of coaches out there who will tell you that the key to team's success is not in gameplanning, but rather on focusing what you yourself can control. Do what you do, and do it well.
I see your're point but at least JDR hit home every once in a while.

Hey guys, if Gus goes 1-15 this year, let's keep him around next year because of injuries!!

and if we get injuries next year and he goes 3-13, let's keep him around because of injuries!!

#injuries

#keepgusforever

#webelieveinvictory

#itsbuilt

:blink:..... HE CAN SOMEHOW COACH THIS TEAM TO FINISH 2ND IN THE DIVISION. 

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I see your point but at least JDR hit home every once in a while.

And that will happen when you plan for that one game / opponent. You spend that much time and effort into beating just one team and you dang sure better win a few! I'm not saying that Bradley's approach has been successful here in the past, but the idea of focusing on yourself, on your attitude, your effort, your enthusiasm towards your job is a more stable foundation other than "Hey! Let's go and try to beat last year's Division Champs!"

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

When was the last time we won on the road? 2013 against cleveland? I dunno, not getting a good vibe about this sunday. Last time we played in Indy, our defense played great... Offense was piss poor. Unless we get healthy quick and can win just based on having more talent, I don't see us taking this one.

Still, go jags!
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:And that will happen when you plan for that one game / opponent. You spend that much time and effort into beating just one team and you dang sure better win a few! I'm not saying that Bradley's approach has been successful here in the past, but the idea of focusing on yourself, on your attitude, your effort, your enthusiasm towards your job is a more stable foundation other than "Hey! Let's go and try to beat last year's Division Champs!"

Uhh but come on dude. Gus hasn't done squat. He has to show he can lead a team to a couple of meaningful wins at least. I know where I stand with him but since he's the HC he sure could do himself and everyone else a favor by winning more than a half bean win.

Pagano is no better than Bradley IMO.

The difference here is Luck.