Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus can gain some trust if...

Quote:He has to show he can lead a team to a couple of meaningful wins at least. I know where I stand with him but since he's the HC he sure could do himself and everyone else a favor by winning more than a half bean win.

I agree with this.

I think he needs a few convincing wins in the next 3-4 weeks.

Colts

Bucs

Texans

Show us something.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

lol @ Frailbones

Pagano is light years better than Gus as a gameday coach

Gus continues to make stupid decisions during the game.

he admits it darn near every week.

Gus sucks

Quote:Pagano is no better than Bradley IMO.

The difference here is Luck.
Luckily, Arians was just the offensive coordinator and left to an NFC team.

I think Pagano has done more with less, but he is definitely not a great head coach.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 12:39 PM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:Pagano is no better than Bradley IMO.

The difference here is Luck.
What we need is someone with guts and actually does what he preaches. Someone preferably that had been a head coach before either in college or pros.

Quote:Injuries are part of the game. Injuries occurred mid game in the phins game with our secondary aswell. Don't make excuses. Seriously every team deals with it.

What excuse did I make?   I asked a question. I didn't give an excuse.

I don't apologize for Bradley, and I don't make excuses for him either.  I've been clear that I think he has to show us something this season for me to be happy about him as HC. So far he hasn't done it.  He doesn't have my vote of confidence and he has a lot of work to do to earn it again. 

So - Don't respond to me with your childish and idiotic chiding about excuses. 

Now....   Seriously.  Name another team with one starting corner who's playing hurt and two third string safeties as starters.  Name one. Is everybody dealing with that? 

This secondary has been turned into a joke by injury and that's something that will be tough to overcome with Luck/Moncreif/Hilton.  I expect Luck to have a field day vs this secondary regardless of Bradley's game plan or lack thereof. 

Gus doesn't game plan often. But when he does he won't adjust at half time.

Quote: Now.... Seriously. Name another team with one starting corner who's playing hurt and two third string safeties as starters. Name one. Is everybody dealing with.

The colts are very hurt in their secondary.

yep. I think the Colts were down 3 CBs and all they did was come back in the 4th quarter to win a game on the road that they had to win

Quote:The colts are very hurt in their secondary.

Quote:yep. I think the Colts were down 3 CBs and all they did was come back in the 4th quarter to win a game on the road that they had to win

Colts get Davis back this week. They will be down two starters vs the Jags.  (Toler and Darius Butler)

We'll be down 3 - but also down by two of those starters' back-ups.  (5 injured players in secondary)  No one is deep enough in their secondary to have a third stringer and a practice squad guy manning the safety positions. 

Quote:What excuse did I make? I asked a question. I didn't give an excuse.

I don't apologize for Bradley, and I don't make excuses for him either. I've been clear that I think he has to show us something this season for me to be happy about him as HC. So far he hasn't done it. He doesn't have my vote of confidence and he has a lot of work to do to earn it again.

So - Don't respond to me with your childish and idiotic chiding about excuses.

Now.... Seriously. Name another team with one starting corner who's playing hurt and two third string safeties as starters. Name one. Is everybody dealing with that?

This secondary has been turned into a joke by injury and that's something that will be tough to overcome with Luck/Moncreif/Hilton. I expect Luck to have a field day vs this secondary regardless of Bradley's game plan or lack thereof.

I'm not being childish. It is indeed a fact that injuries occur to every team. When you bring it up its in effect giving someone a break for something that all other teams have to deal with.

Quote:I'm not being childish. It is indeed a fact that injuries occur to every team. When you bring it up its in effect giving someone a break for something that all other teams have to deal with.

You are "in effect" making up your own stupid intentions for my post.  If I want to defend Gus Bradley I'll let you know.

I'm not doing that here. 

How he and the Jags handle this colts game will be important to many of our opinions on the HC, but I'm not going to ignore the injury situation in the secondary during my assessment. If you want to chalk that up to "everybody deals with it" then by all means, go on your blissfully ignorant way and do so. 

Quote:You are "in effect" making up your own stupid intentions for my post. If I want to defend Gus Bradley I'll let you know.

I'm not doing that here.

How he and the Jags handle this colts game will be important to many of our opinions on the HC, but I'm not going to ignore the injury situation in the secondary during my assessment. If you want to chalk that up to "everybody deals with it" then by all means, go on your blissfully ignorant way and do so.

Hey we're having a good discussion here. We both want the same thing. My bad I'm not trying to pick on you. I agree that were are dealing with a bit of an injury issue and it does matter. No doubt. But all I'm saying is that at some point we have to grow as a franchise and adversity will always be presented.

Quote:There are a lot of coaches out there who will tell you that the key to team's success is not in gameplanning, but rather on focusing what you yourself can control. Do what you do, and do it well.

I would say this works better for an individual mindset than as a team. For instance, Gerhart is better at running inside so he should focus on that to be the best at it he can be. However, last year when this philosophy was applied in a team mindset we forced Gerhart to run outside a bunch because that was the teams strength, instead of adjusting the game plan to fit each indiviuals strengths.

Quote:We aint beating the Colts people. Our win vs Miami was a fluke. Miami is not a very good team.

Indy=Mia=Car

Quote:I would say this works better for an individual mindset than as a team. For instance, Gerhart is better at running inside so he should focus on that to be the best at it he can be. However, last year when this philosophy was applied in a team mindset we forced Gerhart to run outside a bunch because that was the teams strength, instead of adjusting the game plan to fit each indiviuals strengths.

Theoretically, it should spread out to the entire organization if everyone is truly following the mindset of "do what you do well."  If you are trying to force a player to do something that he cannot do well, then you are in fact violating the rule.

You make a good point however in that it takes a consistently critical eye focusing on the team and its status in order to get the most out of this philosophy.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:lol @ Frailbones

Pagano is light years better than Gus as a gameday coach

Gus continues to make stupid decisions during the game.

he admits it darn near every week.

Gus sucks
Really?

Is that why Pagano will most likely be gone at the end of this season if they don't advance far in the playoffs? You think Pagano could do more with our current roster?

I'm not saying I like Gus but Pagano is just as bad.

.....just quit.

Gus won't ever do enough...

even if he wins every game this board would be littered with idiots spewing nonsense.

I think Caldwell trusts Gus. And that is the only trust he needs right now.

We may not all like or agree with how he acts, leads, or speaks... but as far as coaching goes he knows more than the combined sum of this board.

Shut up and watch, like a consumer should.

It is quite ridiculous how foolish many of you act about a game.

Quote:Uhh but come on dude. Gus hasn't done squat. He has to show he can lead a team to a couple of meaningful wins at least. I know where I stand with him but since he's the HC he sure could do himself and everyone else a favor by winning more than a half bean win.

Agreed. Gus hasnt done squat. Its like he hasnt learned anything since his rookie year as a head coach

Quote:Gus won't ever do enough...

even if he wins every game this board would be littered with idiots spewing nonsense.

I think Caldwell trusts Gus. And that is the only trust he needs right now.

We may not all like or agree with how he acts, leads, or speaks... but as far as coaching goes he knows more than the combined sum of this board.

Shut up and watch, like a consumer should.

It is quite ridiculous how foolish many of you act about a game.

Its not just a game when fans are spending there hard earned money on a product thats been garbage for the past 7 years.