Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus can gain some trust if...

Quote:Pagano is no better than Bradley IMO.

The difference here is Luck.
and the GM is awful, all it takes is a franchise QB

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:and the GM is awful, all it takes is a franchise QB

That's how we stand right now. Blake will get there.

Quote:Its not just a game when fans are spending there hard earned money on a product thats been garbage for the past 7 years.

It is a game. You spend hard earned money when you go to the movies. Doesn't make it anything more than a movie.

Quote:Its not just a game when fans are spending there hard earned money on a product thats been garbage for the past 7 years.
Uh... yeah.. it is.. you invest too much EMOTIONALLY into it..

spending cash doesn't mean anything.

I spend cash on all sorts of things, and while I'm  free to complain about said things, complaining will not change them.

I suppose you could always stop supporting said product.

Which would be fine with me.

Quote:It is a game. You spend hard earned money when you go to the movies. Doesn't make it anything more than a movie.
Doesn't make it any less annoying when people tell the girl to look behind her either, like she is listening. 

lol

Quote:Doesn't make it any less annoying when people tell the girl to look behind her either, like she is listening. 

lol

That's funny right there...  But don't tell me you don't get enjoyment from talking through a really cheesy movie.

We're living through a really cheesy stint in our franchise.  And by cheesy, I mean that french cheese that stinks and tastes like wet gym socks...

The only way to enjoy it is to crack wise and "speak" through this part of our history.  I harbor no grudge to those who are hyper critical...  The Thundercats and Jagatius of the MB are just the really loud ones, but it's not like they are talking through the Citizen Kane or Godfather of jaguars supremacy.

We are currently in the Space Camp or Over the Top or Howard the Duck of our franchise's history.  People that want to talk smack are not out of line to be throwing their pop-corn all over the place...

Quote:That's funny right there...  But don't tell me you don't get enjoyment from talking through a really cheesy movie.

We're living through a really cheesy stint in our franchise.  And by cheesy, I mean that french cheese that stinks and tastes like wet gym socks...

The only way to enjoy it is to crack wise and "speak" through this part of our history.  I harbor no grudge to those who are hyper critical...  The Thundercats and Jagatius of the MB are just the really loud ones, but it's not like they are talking through the Citizen Kane or Godfather of jaguars supremacy.

We are currently in the Space Camp or Over the Top or Howard the Duck of our franchise's history.  People that want to talk smack are not out of line to be throwing their pop-corn all over the place...

I don't even want to know how you know what wet gym socks taste like. I just don't.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I don't even want to know how you know what wet gym socks taste like. I just don't.

They taste like the Jaguars play football
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:He puts a game plan together to beat the colts. Remember when we actually used to be competitive against our division opponents. Well here's your chance Gus. The expectations are here now whether you like it or not. Beat the colts on Sunday and earn the benifit of the fans.

The Colts Defense ranked 20th, Jaguars 21st. The Colts Offense is ranked 20th, Jaguars 24th.

They played the Bills a really good defensive team lost 27 to 14 on the road, then lost at home to another defensive team the Jets 20 to 7, they defeated the Titans 35 to 33 in a very close game on the road.

This will not be an easy game as the Colts have always expected this game to be a rather easy win for them.  The Jaguars will have to stop Andrew Luck passing attack as the Jaguars run defense is pretty solid.

If DT Marks is able to come back and play (healthy) it'll be a pash rush from the interior that has been missed these last few games.

Quote:Gus won't ever do enough...

even if he wins every game this board would be littered with idiots spewing nonsense.

I think Caldwell trusts Gus. And that is the only trust he needs right now.

We may not all like or agree with how he acts, leads, or speaks... but as far as coaching goes he knows more than the combined sum of this board.

Shut up and watch, like a consumer should.

It is quite ridiculous how foolish many of you act about a game.

You're in the wrong place to defend a sinking ship and blow sunshine up people's tail.

Quote:I agree with this.

I think he needs a few convincing wins in the next 3-4 weeks.

Colts

Bucs

Texans

Show us something.

If the Jaguars dont blow out the Bucs that will be a smoke signal ... same with the Texans really... to be honest the Colts game should be close...

but im hoping for a blow out there too..

the Bills will be a loss though.

Winning solves all problems.  

Quote:Winning solves all problems.  

Whining solves no problems.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Luckily, Arians was just the offensive coordinator and left to an NFC team.

I think Pagano has done more with less, but he is definitely not a great head coach.

Arians was the top of my list for our HC, but IIRC, we took so long hiring Dave that he had already been snagged by Zona.

It was a pretty impossible feat to beat the Pats, and it was made even moreso by the slew of injuries to the secondary. I want Gus to be successful, especially because a new HC wiLL come with a new defensive scheme, which might set us back even further.

The true test of this team begins this week, and once Julius and Marks return. If we're still flat, it's time to reevaluate the head coach.

Smash the Colts face in

We are in all probability not beating the dolts people. They have struggled early on but they won't lose to the Jags. It's not even that, at this time, they are all that much better than we are either (though they do have a much better quarterback in luck than we do in bortles); no, the key issue for us right now is all the injuries we have. Our secondary is made up of bench warmers and scrubs! Our best d-lineman is still out, and on offense Lee is... well, Lee may as well be put on permanent injured reserve because he clearly doesn't want to play, at least not here. Thomas is still out with a hurt finger (wow...), and Yeldon had the lowest yardage of any rookie running back last week.

The point is... the dolts don't have to be very good to beat us as we specialize in beating ourselves. All they have to do is show up and not do a lot of stupid things on the field and they should win. They will make any adjustments (if needed) at half time and we won't. game over.

we are out coached...

they have a better quarterback...

it's an away game which favors them...

we are decimated with injuries...

In short... it's not that they are all that good right now, but we have demonstrated that we are that bad. I hope the Jags surprise me (and a lot of other fans) and come out and put a real beat down on the dolts. But the odds are against it and favor us losing... again.

Quote:Mad TV could have filled a whole season's worth of Lowered Expectaions episodes by just reading this board for a day.

Good grief you guys have the biggest loser mentality I've ever seen.

According to some of your logic, we can never expect to compete at a high level ever.
It has been seven years since this team competed at a 'high level'. 

Quote:I would say this works better for an individual mindset than as a team. For instance, Gerhart is better at running inside so he should focus on that to be the best at it he can be. However, last year when this philosophy was applied in a team mindset we forced Gerhart to run outside a bunch because that was the teams strength, instead of adjusting the game plan to fit each indiviuals strengths.
Gerhart isn't 100% again, this time it's his abdomen. He shouldn't even be on the field until he's 100% because he won't be of any help otherwise.

Quote:Gus won't ever do enough...

even if he wins every game this board would be littered with idiots spewing nonsense.

I think Caldwell trusts Gus. And that is the only trust he needs right now.

We may not all like or agree with how he acts, leads, or speaks... but as far as coaching goes he knows more than the combined sum of this board.

Shut up and watch, like a consumer should.

It is quite ridiculous how foolish many of you act about a game.
spoken like a true idiot.

Take a good, hard, look at our record the past 5 years or so, and tell me that the only thing that matters is Dave trusts Gus. I got news for you, Dave Caldwell position is also in question since he's the one who selected Gus and Bortles, neither of whom are looking too good. As Gus and Blake goes, so will Dave.

Quote:That's funny right there...  But don't tell me you don't get enjoyment from talking through a really cheesy movie.

We are currently in the Space Camp or Over the Top or Howard the Duck of our franchise's history.  
1) No. Talking in a movie is one of my biggest pet peeves. Even if you've seen it before, please, shut the hell up.

2) Space Camp and Howard the Duck were awesome movies! You shut your dang pie hole!