Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ARob

Now that it's Tuesday, hopefully the usual suspects got their teenage hormonal emotions under control, let's talk some ARob!

I don't think he's getting the proper love around here, guy is looking like he'll be dominant.  The 2014 WR draft class was talked regularly about being up there with one of the best ever.  So how's our boy panning out?

This year's stats vs. rest of 2014 draft class:

#2 in total yards (19 yards behind OBJ despite 8 fewer catches) 

#1 in YPC

#1 in catches over 20 yards

#1 in catches over 40 yards

Now, let's see what he can do with J. Thomas coming back and a faint hope that Lee can get healthy!

I don't care what you whiners say, I'm excited for the rest of the year, to see our guys get healthy, and to see how far Blake can progress.  Fingers crossed we get a wave of guys back for Indy!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Arob is definitely a baller. He will only improve. He will have to fight double coverage's until such time we have the guys on the field to spread the ball around to. Hopefully the walking wounded return sooner then later and the boys can string together some wins.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Now that it's Tuesday, hopefully the usual suspects got their teenage hormonal emotions under control, let's talk some ARob!

I don't think he's getting the proper love around here, guy is looking like he'll be dominant.  The 2014 WR draft class was talked regularly about being up there with one of the best ever.  So how's our boy panning out?

This year's stats vs. rest of 2014 draft class:

#2 in total yards (19 yards behind OBJ despite 8 fewer catches) 

#1 in YPC

#1 in catches over 20 yards

#1 in catches over 40 yards

Now, let's see what he can do with J. Thomas coming back and a faint hope that Lee can get healthy!

I don't care what you whiners say, I'm excited for the rest of the year, to see our guys get healthy, and to see how far Blake can progress.  Fingers crossed we get a wave of guys back for Indy!

2014 WR Draft Class link below

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/[BLEEP]...-receivers

He good

Quote:2014 WR Draft Class link below

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/[BLEEP]...-receivers

Amazing how many stiffs were picked instead of Allen Hurns.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

He only has 11 catches. Hes averaging less than 4 catches a game. He needs to step it up as well.

Didn't he drop a few balls?  He's a finely tuned athletic machine, he can't be doing that.....BUST!

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:Didn't he drop a few balls?  He's a finely tuned athletic machine, he can't be doing that.....BUST!
Yup, he drops a few balls, mainly in preseason, and this forum implodes.  Typical Jungle fashion.

There was a thread on this message board after week one calling Allen Robinson a bust.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...are-busts/

Never forget.

Can I ask a question without anyone jumping on me. Do yo you think Allen Robinson is better than Justin Blackmon was?

If Thomas comes back AR15 won't be double teamed as often and Thomas will be able to draw defenders his direction and vice versa. This is great for AR15.

Quote:Can I ask a question without anyone jumping on me. Do yo you think Allen Robinson is better than Justin Blackmon was?

Probably pretty close. I would say Robinson is definitely more of a deep threat.

Quote:Can I ask a question without anyone jumping on me. Do yo you think Allen Robinson is better than Justin Blackmon was?

I don't think so. The reason why is before Blackmon got suspended in 2013 I believe, he torched Texans defense for 200+ yards receiving I believe as well as had 400 yards in 4 games. 850 yards in his rookie year. He was a beast and had huge potential, with Henne and Gabbert throwing to him. Think about Blake throwing to him, that would be crazy. Blackmon was great with route running as well as yards after catch. What an idiot for messing his career up. 

Of course, Justin is a  unemployed idiot who cant stay sober and ARob is a NFL player. As far as his ability to play in the NFL we will never know what JB could have been. With ARob I think we will be able to find out his ceiling. Which hopefully is very high.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

He's as good now as Blackmon ever was for the Jags, together they'd have been amazing.

Blackmon started very slowly until the Texans game (he put up 200+ yards but it did go to overtime).

Quote:He's as good now as Blackmon ever was for the Jags, together they'd have been amazing.

Blackmon started very slowly until the Texans game (he put up 200+ yards but it did go to overtime).

Blackmon had a solid rookie season with Gabbert/Henne. 850 yards for me is pretty solid with bad QB play. He comes into 2013 in 4 games has 400 yards receiving. He also had potential, AR15 is starting to show that now but Blackmon showed that coming out of college and when he played those 20 games. Blackmon was also healthy, that mary j was helping him I guess, IDK. But AR15 was a 2nd round talent and has out shined what a 2nd round WR would be able to produce. Can't wait to see AR15 pull potential.

Quote:Blackmon had a solid rookie season with Gabbert/Henne. 850 yards for me is pretty solid with bad QB play. He comes into 2013 in 4 games has 400 yards receiving. He also had potential, AR15 is starting to show that now but Blackmon showed that coming out of college and when he played those 20 games. Blackmon was also healthy, that mary j was helping him I guess, IDK. But AR15 was a 2nd round talent and has out shined what a 2nd round WR would be able to produce. Can't wait to see AR15 pull potential.
I think ARob is at a similar level to what Blackmon was at this point in his career. ARob was on pace for a similar first season to Blackmon until he got injured and he's started this season on pace (or slightly behind) Blackmons second season.

Considering were we drafted him Robinson has been a steal and anyone saying he's a bust are clearly trolling.

Quote:I think ARob is at a similar level to what Blackmon was at this point in his career. ARob was on pace for a similar first season to Blackmon until he got injured and he's started this season on pace (or slightly behind) Blackmons second season.

Considering were we drafted him Robinson has been a steal and anyone saying he's a bust are clearly trolling.

Agreed 110 percent. IF Blackmon didn't get into trouble we would be much better especially with Lee and his injury problem. Blackmon could have been a star in this league, dude was explosive. 

Yep. I've moved on now though. Got my Blackmon jersey in the cupboard just in case but doubt I'll ever be pulling it out.

Robinson is the future at the WR position for the Jags and probably our most talented skill position player. I'm not sold on Lee (he looks good but he never lasts a full game). Hurns is good but I'm not sure he'll ever be a star - I think he's going to be similar to Shorts.

I'm not sold on Hurns at all. We could us a upgrade, Hurns is just best available right now for WR2. If we get a legitimate number 1 WR, AR15 would make a great WR2. When I say legitimate number 1 WR, I'm talking Dez Bryant, Demariyus Thomas, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown type of WRs. That would be crazy.