Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ARob

Cant help but imagine how far along this offense would be with Blackmon staying out of trouble and Robinson developing...

But I believe Robinson will continue to impress as long as he and Bortles continue to show improvement

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Cant help but imagine how far along this offense would be with Blackmon staying out of trouble and Robinson developing...

But I believe Robinson will continue to impress as long as he and Bortles continue to show improvement

Could've just drafted Amari Cooper.

Give Blake some real options to throw the ball, but oh well
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Regardless, 60 catches osnt isn't something to be proud about.

Troll on bro

;

;

Quote:Could've just drafted Amari Cooper.

Give Blake some real options to throw the ball, but oh well
could of drafted JJ Watt instead of Gabbert or Wilson instead of Anger.  Oh well

Wouldnt it be nice for one year if they sent out vote ballots (with a write in option) of the top prospects to draft in round 1 (or option to trade down) and used that as the basis of who to get (only for the 1st round) so that fans could

at least say it was their guy (and thus their fault or their heroic choice)!

I know it would never happen but after a decade of 1st round busts it would make a lot of us feel better.

His ypc is impressive for sure. 11 receptions for those yards is nice, but he needs to start hauling in his targets. 11 out of 27 targets isn't all world. I think he has the potential to get better with his current involvement in the scheme.

He could be putting up way better numbers and scare defenses. Hopefully he'll continue his strong start to the season against the colts.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 01:03 AM by elprimero.)

You guys are way too high on Robinson. What you're seeing is a good number two being thrown into the number one role. You know who put up 55 catchs for 1,000 yards and 7 tds his second year? Cecil Shorts. And that was with Gabbert throwing to him.

When we get a true number one, you won't find yourself trying to make excuses for him. You'll know when you see it. Remember how Blackmon would occasionally make Gabbert/Henne shine? Robinson doesn't have that.

Quote:You guys are way too high on Robinson. What you're seeing is a good number two being thrown into the number one role. You know who put up 55 catchs for 1,000 yards and 7 tds his second year? Cecil Shorts. And that was with Gabbert throwing to him.

When we get a true number one, you won't find yourself trying to make excuses for him. You'll know when you see it. Remember how Blackmon would occasionally make Gabbert/Henne shine? Robinson doesn't have that.

I don't think Cecil ever had 1000 yards. And Allen Robinson has the potential to become a #1. Cecil never did, which is why Blackmon was drafted.
No commercial messages in sigs

Shorts got 977 his second year. It's close enough. When you feed a decent receiver the ball that many times, he's bound to have good numbers and I'm pretty sure that's what you're seeing with Robinson. He's good, don't get me wrong, but to think we couldn't use an upgrade is optimistic.

Quote:Probably pretty close. I would say Robinson is definitely more of a deep threat.

ARob had better deep speed, but JB's catch radius is INSANE. Yes, ARob can jump and high point the ball, but JB makes catching the football look so easy. It allows him to reach out, pluck the ball (even on badly thrown balls) in stride and run. JB essentially has the ability to turn a 5-7 yard catch into a routine 15 yard gain

I can't link it because I think its against site rules, but there's a highlight reel on youtube of Justin Blackmon Jaguars 2012 Highlights (*wink wink*). If you look at around 30 sec mark to about 50 sec mark for a couple of catches in the middle of the field. Now, these are pretty routine catches for most receivers. The thing is, most receivers (including our own in ARob and Hurns, and we've even seen them drop these passes because they stop jump and leave their feet to make the catch) would stop and catch and be tackled.

Justin plucks it in mid-air, turns, and runs...in stride.

IMO, even though JB had the ability to high point the ball (though I think ARob is better than him in this), its this quality that he has that made him, and would have made him really special in the NFL.

That's an elite trait right there.

Quote:He's good, don't get me wrong, but to think we couldn't use an upgrade is optimistic.

What are you talking about?

Quote:Shorts got 977 his second year. It's close enough. When you feed a decent receiver the ball that many times, he's bound to have good numbers and I'm pretty sure that's what you're seeing with Robinson. He's good, don't get me wrong, but to think we couldn't use an upgrade is optimistic.
I wanted Amari Cooper. There's no doubt. But I feel comfortable with letting Allen Robinson develop. I think he has the highest potential of any WR we have drafted in a long time... like 20 years long. Robinson can go up and win the jump ball just based off his athleticism. He will eventually learn how to beat double teams, I just think he's that good. As of right now, he's the only big time playmaker on the offense, so he is garnering a lot of attention from defensive coordinators.
No commercial messages in sigs