Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What should a frustrated Jaguars fan do 3 weeks I to the season?
Start a bunch of threads and polls about who sucks
Start a bunch of threads and polls about who is to blame
Start a bunch of threads and polls about who should be fired
A combination of options 1-3
Realize there are still 13 games left and continue to support a team fighting to get better
[Show Results]

Jags Fan Poll

We are standing united, all in and wanting more. But what should fans of an underachieving team do after a 1-2 start?
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just enjoy and watch the rest of the season and root for tanking for a high draft pick slot.  This team needs more talent, playmakers.

Quote:We are standing united, all in and wanting more. But what should fans of an underachieving team do after a 1-2 start?

I don't think this team is underachieving.

Does that make me a heroic superfan or a doodyhead apologist?

I voted the combo option.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I don't think this team is underachieving.

Does that make me a heroic superfan or a doodyhead apologist?

I voted the combo option.

The franchise has been underachieving the past 5 years. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible.

Quote:The franchise has been underachieving the past 5 years. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible.

Based on the roster and players available the last three weeks 1-2 is pretty good. Can you imagine the emoting around here if they'd lost to Miami too?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's not even October and y'all are already talking about tanking.... Must be transplants.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Voted for the last choice..13 games still left

However...subject to change
Blakes Life Matters

False?

True?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

No corn or blank #2? For shame.

I'm with the last option. But man I want some W's.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I'm with the last option. But man I want some W's.

I have no choice, in my position, but to wait and hope. It isn't, and hasn't, been easy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We're doing 1-3 because we've tried the last one for the past decade. Game over!

Quote:Just enjoy and watch the rest of the season and root for tanking for a high draft pick slot. This team needs more talent, playmakers.

Tank? The Jaguars are in first place! How could you suggest such a thing. We still have a chance at a division title. #We believe in victory!!

This board is bi-polar lol (I admit to some of that haha). But we're seriously bi-polar!

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I voted option 4 since this thread is essentially complaining about complaining threads, which makes #4 funny.  

Quote:We are standing united, all in and wanting more. But what should fans of an underachieving team do after a 1-2 start?

By that criteria there are only 13 teams ahead of us. I get your point but all we are saying is "Give Peace a Chance" and it is early only 3 games into season. Cut back on all the negative vibes man.

Most people prior to the season had us slated to be around 6-10 at the end of the season.  Some more optimistic people had us around 8-8.  The VERY optimistic had us around 10-6 or 9-7.  We just finished week 3 going into week 4.  Let's break it down by quarters (of the season).  We'll just look at the first half, then evaluate.

FIRST 4 GAMES

Panthers - LOSS

Dolphins - WIN
- *Note, there were many, myself included that had this penciled in as a loss.

@Patriots - LOSS

@Colts - *Note, I would suggest that prior to the season most had this game penciled in as a loss.  Look at the past 3 games by both teams and their opponents.  This could go either way.

So after the first quarter of the season, at best we are 2-2 and at worst we are 1-3.

NEXT 4 GAMES (Second Quarter)

@Buccaneers - Not only a could win, but a should win.

Texans - Could win, leaning toward should win depending on health of both teams at this point.

**Bills - Note, this is the London game.  Historically we have lost every London game, and the way this season is looking, we most likely would lose.

by week

@Jets - Note, as of right now, this game could go either way.

So second quarter of the season, the way that I'm looking at it we should be 3-1 at best and at worst possibly 2-2.  That would put us at 5-3 at the half point of our season at best and 3-5 at worst.  I think at this point of the season it would be reasonable to expect that we can finish off the remaining schedule with a few more wins.

So just looking at the first half of the season, we should be meeting and/or exceeding expectations.  We would at the worst be halfway to the general expectations prior to the season, and be on track to finish 6-10.  At the best, we would be exceeding expectations and be on track to possibly be meeting the VERY optimistic record of 10-6.

So having said all of that, I selected option 5 in the poll.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Most people prior to the season had us slated to be around 6-10 at the end of the season.  Some more optimistic people had us around 8-8.  The VERY optimistic had us around 10-6 or 9-7.  We just finished week 3 going into week 4.  Let's break it down by quarters (of the season).  We'll just look at the first half, then evaluate.

FIRST 4 GAMES

Panthers - LOSS

Dolphins - WIN
- *Note, there were many, myself included that had this penciled in as a loss.

@Patriots - LOSS

@Colts - *Note, I would suggest that prior to the season most had this game penciled in as a loss.  Look at the past 3 games by both teams and their opponents.  This could go either way.

So after the first quarter of the season, at best we are 2-2 and at worst we are 1-3.

NEXT 4 GAMES (Second Quarter)

@Buccaneers - Not only a could win, but a should win.

Texans - Could win, leaning toward should win depending on health of both teams at this point.

**Bills - Note, this is the London game.  Historically we have lost every London game, and the way this season is looking, we most likely would lose.

by week

@Jets - Note, as of right now, this game could go either way.

So second quarter of the season, the way that I'm looking at it we should be 3-1 at best and at worst possibly 2-2.  That would put us at 5-3 at the half point of our season at best and 3-5 at worst.  I think at this point of the season it would be reasonable to expect that we can finish off the remaining schedule with a few more wins.

So just looking at the first half of the season, we should be meeting and/or exceeding expectations.  We would at the worst be halfway to the general expectations prior to the season, and be on track to finish 6-10.  At the best, we would be exceeding expectations and be on track to possibly be meeting the VERY optimistic record of 10-6.

So having said all of that, I selected option 5 in the poll.
Thank you for your elaborate explanation of how you voted. Now, having said that, I look at the Colts game as also being a "Should win". Indy hasn't proven to be very good this year, and our own head coach said that we are supposed to be built to win the AFC South. While normally I wouldn't call a road win vs the defending division champs a "should win", there's blood in the water in this case. Losing would also likely mean that we will have played poorly in 3 of our first 4 games. Odds are that, if this truly is an improved team, we should rebound this week.

That's also why I look at this week as being so important. Gus can't afford another bad showing, particularly on offense. That could lead to dissent within the ranks. These players haven't quit on Bradley yet, but you have to think that they can only be so patient.

Quote:That's also why I look at this week as being so important. Gus can't afford another bad showing, particularly on offense. That could lead to dissent within the ranks. These players haven't quit on Bradley yet, but you have to think that they can only be so patient.

Sure he can. It only matters where you finish. Just look at Coughlin's two Super Bowls and where those teams were in the regular season.