Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who is the best QB in the NFL today?
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
Drew Brees
Ben Roethlisberger
None of the above/Other
[Show Results]

Who is the best QB in the NFL today?

If I wanted to have a QB who won me a bunch of championships, I would pick Brady. If I wanted a QB who puts up insanely high stats every season, it would be a tie between Manning and Brees. But Aaron Rodgers is the best pound for pound guy at the QB position overall IMO. I shudder to imagine what the final score would have been yesterday had we played Rodgers...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 11:14 PM by Jagwired'd.)

Brady is the best quarterback to ever play football.

However Manning is the best passer in NFL history, by far, not even close, no discussion.

You will never see QBs like those two ever again, primarily because college coaches simply aren't good enough to coach up quarterbacks like those two were.

This is where the Jaguars were getting it wrong, trying to find an elite passer rather than an elite quarterback when there probably won't be another for a very, very long time.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Right now Rodgers is putting a woodshed whoopin on a pretty good Chiefs defense. 300+ yards and 5 TDs with almost a quarter left to play. Probably the best package of a cerebral football mind combined with athleticism in the NFL right now.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Right now Rodgers is putting a woodshed whoopin on a pretty good Chiefs defense. 300+ yards and 5 TDs with almost a quarter left to play. Probably the best package of a cerebral football mind combined with athleticism in the NFL right now.

And like Manning and Brady he Does It without top line talent around him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 11:29 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

Quote:And like Manning and Brady he Does It without top line talent around him.
Manning had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne for a good part of his career in Indy. Tom Brady broke passing records when he had Randy Moss. Rodgers has had Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson and Randal Cobb. They've all had pretty good WRs throughout their careers, but IMO Rodgers has probably done the most with the least.

With the exception of last year, Tom Brady had some pretty great defensive players helping him win all of those Super Bowls. Richard Seymour, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, Teddy Bruschi etc.

Not a bad bunch of players he's had helping him along the way.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Rodgers is the best QB in football right now. He's younger, stronger, faster, and a better passer at this point compared to Brady.

Rodgers is a machine.

Makes it look really easy. Lost his best receiver and didn't miss a beat. Can extend plays with his legs and isn't a wounded deer when the pocket collapses

Quote:Rodgers is the best QB in football right now.
I don't agree with you, but you aren't necessarily wrong for having that stance. Brady vs. Rodgers is pretty much THE argument this year.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Aaron Rodgers is freakin insane.

Brady is obviously playing great but for me nobody has been on Rodgers' level the last 3 or 4 years. He's just been that great.

I totally get the argument for Brady though and it is definitely valid.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 12:29 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Big Ben would be 3rd on the list. It seems like he has gotten better and better the last couple years. Sucks about the injury

Maybe we'll finally get that Packers/Patriots Superbowl this year that seems to be a favorite pre-season pick for a Superbowl match up for a lot of talking heads each year.

Rodgers is one of the best ever, better than Favre imo. History may remember Peyton Manning and Tom Brady more fondly (although another Super Bowl or two for Rodgers would fix that), but Rodgers is by far and away the best in the game today.

Quote:Rodgers is the best QB in football right now. He's younger, stronger, faster, and a better passer at this point compared to Brady.

He is the epitome of dual threat QBS, and I'd argue he makes more difficult throws and is in a league of his own when it comes to improvising.

Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback in the league, IMO. Great in the pocket, might be even better outside the pocket.
No commercial messages in sigs

I'll take Rodgers based on the idea that he brings more athleticism, physical ability and savvy than the other two. He fits in perfectly within his team and that means a lot to me.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Rodgers makes one or two throws a game that make me say "wow." I say Rodgers.

Luck doesn't deserve to even be in this poll. Rodgers

I go Rodgers but I know Brady is also a king among men as well. Rodgers is still young and healthy so he should be play for years to come, if he can get another super bowl ring he will no doubt go down with Brady as one of the best ever.

Just watching him is fun. Plus he is a local boy for me lol

Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, Brady is the best.  I would place Aaron Rodgers second and perhaps Peyton Manning third.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.