Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Is Dave Caldwell to blame for the team's poor performance?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Only For those who approve of Gus...

Thought this would perhaps reveal some interesting results.... to figure out the thought process of the Gus supporters.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Translation - "here's another dumb poll to post.  I didn't get my nap today after my afternoon bottle."

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Translation - "here's another dumb poll to post.  I didn't get my nap today after my afternoon bottle."
How is it a dumb poll? It's to determine if the pro gus people have their stance because they think the other guy is to blame. 

Quote:How is it a dumb poll? It's to determine if the pro gus people have their stance because they think the other guy is to blame. 

We get it.  You don't like Gus Bradley as the head coach.  That was clear in the several other threads/polls that you posted.  Giving an opinion is one thing.  Spamming the board with stupid polls/threads is another.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:We get it.  You don't like Gus Bradley as the head coach.  That was clear in the several other threads/polls that you posted.  Giving an opinion is one thing.  Spamming the board with stupid polls/threads is another.
Dang dude relax.  We know you love Gus, doesn't mean you get nasty with people because they post their justified frustration about this team.  We are used to the Jaguars winning.  Hasn't happened in a LONG TIME.  We are over it.  You should be too.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

He is part of it and so is Gus

Quote:Dang dude relax.  We know you love Gus, doesn't mean you get nasty with people because they post their justified frustration about this team.  We are used to the Jaguars winning.  Hasn't happened in a LONG TIME.  We are over it.  You should be too.

Never said that I "love Gus" or anything like that.  I just get tired of all of the dumb "should we fire Gus" polls constantly being spammed on the board by the OP.  There was one weekend where the OP kept putting multiple "polls" on the board essentially asking the same thing.  Thankfully, those threads were removed.

Too many people want to blame one person. Back in the day is was Shack. He exited.  Then it was Garrard. He exited. Then it was Del Rio. He exited. Then it was Gene. He exited. Then it was Mularkey. He exited. Now it's Dave............or Gus.

It's never one person. It's a team game.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 07:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Too many people want to blame one person. Back in the day is was Shack. He exited.  Then it was Garrard. He exited. Then it was Del Rio. He exited. Then it was Gene. He exited. Then it was Mularkey. He exited. Now it's Dave............or Gus.

this ^

Its a lot more than just Gus.  Dave brought Gus here, Dave has past up elite talent in the draft for need, Dave has built this team.  He has had some nice picks in the mid to later rounds but when you constantly miss on your top 3 picks in 3 years and pass up elite talent and are picking in the top 3 every year you will not get far.  Along with bottom of the barrel assistant coaches brought in you wont get far.

Quote:this ^

Its a lot more than just Gus.  Dave brought Gus here, Dave has past up elite talent in the draft for need, Dave has built this team.  He has had some nice picks in the mid to later rounds but when you constantly miss on your top 3 picks in 3 years and pass up elite talent and are picking in the top 3 every year you will not get far.  Along with bottom of the barrel assistant coaches brought in you wont get far.

What "elite talent" has Dave passed on, again?

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 08:12 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:What "elite talent" has Dave passed on, again?
Khalil Mack, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham, Amari Cooper etc....  thats just players in the 1st.  (all positions of need)

Then look at our 2nd round picks, might not be elite but we could have done much better

Kevin Minter, Kiko Alonso, Leveon Bell, Eddie Lacy, Travis Kelce, Derek Carr, etc...  ( all positons of need)

Dont want to list all,  Dave has made a few nice picks like Linder, D Rob, McCray, Allen Robinson?  Is he better than Javis Landry  who was picked a few spots after or is Lee better than Jordan Matthews who was picked a few spots after?  too early to tell

But in 3 years when you look at it as a whole it doesnt look all that great as of right now.  Can they turn it around and turn into good draft classes?  Yes.  but as of right now its not all that great.

If we had picked Mack who would be our QB?

THIS I have to hear.

Lee was very similar to Cooper look at college coach and stats. Lee may never be heathy again.

By the 2013 was a terrible draft.

Fowler? I guess that is Caldwells fault to.

Quote:If we had picked Mack who would be our QB?

THIS I have to hear.

Lee was very similar to Cooper look at college coach and stats. Lee may never be heathy again.

By the 2013 was a terrible draft.

Fowler? I guess that is Caldwells fault to.
Carr?  We could of traded up a couple spots to bottom of the 1st like Min. did.  Aaron Murray or AJ McCarron in the mid rounds I think could also handle the job and do better than Teddy is doing right now who most people here wanted.  Bortles can still turn out to be a good QB but most knew Mack and Evans would be elite talents.  Every year in Dave has been here he has drafted need the first 3 rounds and admitted it.  IMO you have to mix need with BAP.  If you are a needs drafter you will almost never have elite talent

i cant see blaming anyone, but i will chalk it up to misfortune.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

This thread is funny.

The problems with this franchise are many and have multiple origins. We aren't going to agree by a large majority on one or even two primary scapegoats.

Another stupid poll won't shed any light.

Right now injuries are beginning to look like a bigger issue than anything in these polls.

Quote:i cant see blaming anyone, but i will chalk it up to misfortune.
lol, im hoping injuries is the biggest part in our poor play and hope when we get Marks, Thomas etc.. back this will look like a much better team.  those are the 2 best players on the team and neither have played. 

1 more free agency class and 1 more draft this team can flirt with .500 or even the playoffs, but that will all fall on #5's shoulders, he has to get better, he's not a bust, but as of now he look to have the ceiling of a run of the mill avg. starting qb.

[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Quote:1 more free agency class and 1 more draft this team can flirt with .500 or even the playoffs, but that will all fall on #5's shoulders, he has to get better, he's not a bust, but as of now he look to have the ceiling of a run of the mill avg. starting qb.
Nope, tired of hearing this kind of stuff. We were all told this is the year we compete for the AFC South title or come close to it. I'm so done agreeing and waiting for "next year."

The team needs to show something THIS year and get it done. We have arguably better talent than all the other teams in the division - and for the first time in forever, the Colts aren't guaranteed to win the division.

Quote:Too many people want to blame one person. Back in the day is was Shack. He exited.  Then it was Garrard. He exited. Then it was Del Rio. He exited. Then it was Gene. He exited. Then it was Mularkey. He exited. Now it's Dave............or Gus.

Is it now a culture of losing, like they have in Cleveland?

I really like Gus as a person, he has a good personallity & the players love him.  He is good with the press, and always positive and enthusiastic, but is he a good Head Coach?

I mean is he good at leading a game plan that equals to winning on the field, so far three games into his third year the team is 1-2 going against the Colts.  He claimed publicly that the team he built is ready to own the AFC South.

This game is the true test of how things are going for the Jaguars Franchise.

If they come out the winners, then calm down things are looking up while the team might not go to the SuperBowl they have a great chance of owning the AFC South & thus playoffs this year.

If they get dominated by the Colts whom have struggled this year against other teams... then oh nos... . it might be as bad as many are saying...

Quote:lol, im hoping injuries is the biggest part in our poor play and hope when we get Marks, Thomas etc.. back this will look like a much better team. those are the 2 best players on the team and neither have played.

add in Fowler... we've just had streaks of bad luck. It'll balance out. The universe shall autocorrect itself. Of this I am certain Smile
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~