Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Digging (deep... extremely deep) for positives from the Patriots blowout

We're still tied for first in the division with our first division game coming up this weekend.  The Patriots will likely beat everyone else in our division soundly as well.  We would likely have a better showing against them had we been healthier as a team.  Hurns and Robinson have looked really good at times, especially Robinson.  Though Bortles has had two bad interceptions this year, he hasn't been a turnover machine like he was early last year.  Pass protection has been better than adequate.  Anything else?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well I just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico

First completion to a TE

Did someone say Positives ....

<div> 
</div>
[Image: atom-electrons.jpg?1386697750]

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 09:22 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

<div>diggin deep
</div>

<div>[Image: Hole.jpg]
</div>

Seeing the TE  play was nice. Holding Brady to 2 TDs and also making them kick 3 FGs. I know we still got blown out badly but oddly enoiugh it could have been far worse.

tied for first place in the division

If something unbelievable happens like we make the playoffs we will get rewarded by....you guessed it. A trip to NE

Quote:If something unbelievable happens like we make the playoffs we will get rewarded by....you guessed it. A trip to NE

All according to plan. We were just hustling them
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I looked at each one of the Jags' drives in the game.  Bortles wasn't/isn't as bad as some here might think. Look at the first half.

First possession -  1 yard - PUNT

2Nd possession -  28 yards PUNT

3RD possession- 58 yards FG

4TH possession - 33 yards INT

In other words, 4 out of 5 possession in the first half went for 28 yards or more.  And Bortles and the receivers were doing most of the work.  The longest run in the ENTIRE game was by Yeldon for 8 yards.

Second half was a little worse, but not terrible. The Jags scored a TD on their second possession.

1st [BLEEP]. - 2 yds, punt

2nd [BLEEP] - 80 yds, TD

3rd [BLEEP] - 4 yds, DOWNS

4th [BLEEP] - 8 yds punt

5 [BLEEP] 80 yds TD.

Five out 10 possessions going for 28 yards or more. 

The beer was cold?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

How about digging deep for some 'let's move on already'?

Quote:I looked at each one of the Jags' drives in the game.  Bortles wasn't/isn't as bad as some here might think. Look at the first half.

First possession -  1 yard - PUNT

2Nd possession -  28 yards PUNT

3RD possession- 58 yards FG

4TH possession - 33 yards INT

In other words, 4 out of 5 possession in the first half went for 28 yards or more.  And Bortles and the receivers were doing most of the work.  The longest run in the ENTIRE game was by Yeldon for 8 yards.

Second half was a little worse, but not terrible. The Jags scored a TD on their second possession.

1st [BAD WORD REMOVED]. - 2 yds, punt

2nd [BAD WORD REMOVED] - 80 yds, TD

3rd [BAD WORD REMOVED] - 4 yds, DOWNS

4th [BAD WORD REMOVED] - 8 yds punt

5 [BAD WORD REMOVED] 80 yds TD.

Five out 10 possessions going for 28 yards or more. 

You rewatched that game?  Why would you put yourself through that?  You must be some kind of masochist...

Nice points though.

There were some nice drives, but Blake needs help, particularly in the running game.  Yes, he needs to work on his accuracy and telegraphing the pass. Those things are fixable.

After 24 hour to digest: Here are my final thoughts on this

1: The Patriots may seriously be unstoppable this year, as much as it pains me to say it.

2: We are clearly nowhere near were we should be in a 3rd year of a rebuild

3: Yes, it was a blow out. No, I didn't expect us to win nor keep it that close. I thought 45-24. But c'mon...

4: Injuries are a part of football and its been part of Jaguars culture for what seems like a decade. We've had more injuries/players placed on IR than almost anyone over the last decade(I'm sure there is a stat somewhere that could elaborate more on that) However, shouldn't you have at least some players capable of playing football. Yes, I understand our secondary is a barren wasteland, but seriously that defense looked like they couldn't fathom what football was yesterday. The Patriots could do no wrong on offense.

5: The defense was atrocious, that much is clear. The offense wasn't awful, it was better this game than the Panthers game. We went away from the run, but that was expected even against a Pats defense that was supposed to be awful against the run. I like some of the play calling. Some I didn't agree with,but overall I didn't think it was that bad(offensively) all things considered. Like I said, we've seen worse already this year.

6: I like Blake and I want him to be THE guy. Interceptions are going to happen, its just his interceptions are BADDDDD. Blake has an extremely bad habit of staring down his receivers.

7: It was a bad day at the office. Bad games happen.. but how many times can we use that as an excuse.

8: We are in Year 3 of a rebuild. In the past 5 years, we've had the worst teams in our short history... the 2-14, the 4-12, the 3-13. yadda yadda. Yet we have NEVER given up that many points...EVER... Let that sink in for a moment. That's what bothers me the most, I think.

9: I like Gus a lot. I really want him to succeed, but as other have said, Yesterdays game pretty much nailed it that he isn't the guy. Bottom line. I said 6 wins would save his job and it probably will. But at this point, I'm not sure if I want him to be here anymore.

10: While I think we are still capable of winning 6-7 games... Heck with a few lucky breaks, we could win the AFC South, unless we get healthy and quick, that 6-7 mark is unreachable. I would love to see a stretch of 2-3 weeks where all of starters actually play....but I digress. 

• Ravens @ Steelers 2002 (PIT 34-31)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2009 (TEN 30-13)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2012 (TEN 38- 20)
  • Colts @ Jaguars 2013 (IND 37-3)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2014 (TEN 16-14)
  • Panthers @ Jaguars 2015 (CAR 20-9)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2015 (TEN 42-39)

We could've had 50+ Put on us multiple times in the last few years. How many times have we seen opposing coaches put in backups and run the clock out on us?

Belicheck wasn't that merciful.

I like how the formula to beat the Jags is the exact same as it was over a decade ago.

Stack the box, press the receivers and make the quarterback beat you with his arm.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:We're still tied for first in the division with our first division game coming up this weekend.  The Patriots will likely beat everyone else in our division soundly as well.  We would likely have a better showing against them had we been healthier as a team.  Hurns and Robinson have looked really good at times, especially Robinson.  Though Bortles has had two bad interceptions this year, he hasn't been a turnover machine like he was early last year.  Pass protection has been better than adequate.  Anything else?

WOOT!

At least the AFC South is the weakest divison in the NFL!

Head Coach Gus Bradley said the team is built that will own the AFC South this year and years to come (knowing the injuries at that point), so once the team gets back Thomas, Marks, and others it should only get easier and

resemble more of the dominating team we've been hoping to see for the last three years!

I didn't have to see Chad Henne play in Sunday's game. To me that's a positive.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I like how the formula to beat the Jags is the exact same as it was over a decade ago.

Stack the box, press the receivers and make the quarterback beat you with his arm.

The formula for the opposing offense is the same as well.