Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it time to scrap the Power Blocking scheme and revert back to Zone Blocking?

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 05:31 PM by knarnn.)

The O-Line has seemed to improve in keeping Bortles upright compared to last year with the additions of Parnell, Wiz, and Marrone coaching the group, but it seems we've traded the ability to pass block competently for the ability to run block competently. The running lanes being opened on Sundays are non existent. Should we consider making the change back or stick with the Power scheme?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They need to stick with it, and by stick with it they really need to keep running instead of panicking when the opponent scores. And if they stack 8 or 9 in the box, for God's sake throw the ball and actually catch it.
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

I normally Look forward to your posts.

This one makes no sense. Need to continue to give this scheme a chance. We've played some tough defenses and had a blowout situation in Foxboro. I think if the line continues to gel, as it has in the pass protection, the run offense will look better.

I think they should look hard at inserting Cann into the lineup soon.

Regardless, teams will crowd the line until Bortles proves he can make them consistently pay for it. Right now, that's like a 30/70 proposition at best. D Coordinators will take that all day.

No, just prove that you can pass the ball.  Start putting up some 300+ yard passing games and teams will stop putting 9 men in the box. 

Quote:The O-Line has seemed to improve in keeping Bortles upright compared to last year with the additions of Parnell, Wiz, and Marrone coaching the group, but it seems we've traded the ability to pass block competently for the ability to run block competently. The running lanes being opened on Sundays are non existent. Should we consider making the change back or stick with the Power scheme?

Wallbash

The team couldnt run last year either, has more to do with the running blocks & less with run blocking this year.

The team needs a Maurice Jones-Drew, but TJ Yeldon has shown promise despite his yards per run average...he's a rookie give him a chance.

We did well when we had studs at RB. This made up for our passing woes. Now we have no one to step up and change a game around. Can't run and can't pass on a consistent basis.

We are in big trouble. I think it's the coaching, and our lack of a MJD / fred Taylor.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Coaching maybe Olson isnt kyle shanahan wow you type of OC, but the Jaguars couldnt run last year with Jedd Fisch whom is 3-1 in Michigan under Jim Harbaugh (possilbe Jaguar HC if Gus is fired)?

The blocking scheme is fine. Yeldon has potential, but he isn't a mature enough runner at the moment. What I mean by this...he doesn't see the lanes like a mature RB would. He skips around trying to make up for not seeing the holes. I don't particularly care where he was drafted, so I want to see them give Pierce more opportunity and let Yeldon spell him. Sometimes you have to trust your eyes and I thought Pierce should have been starting since the season started.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Wow three games in and we are already changinh schemes.

Sign a traditional fullback please.

They need to let Grant run a few instead of trying to turn him into a WR like they tried to do with D-Rob (Gus influnces the idea I assume)?

Quote:Wow three games in and we are already changinh schemes.

Sign a traditional fullback please.
this, we say we want to be a running team but dont have a FB. Another move that makes no sense by Dave and the coaching staff

Quote:this, we say we want to be a running team but dont have a FB. Another move that makes no sense by Dave and the coaching staff

I thought the FB position was dead?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I thought the FB position was dead?
you did?

I think Olson had planned on simply using a TE in role of a blocking FB when needed, but the loss of LT Luke (and his poor performance) forced him to use Lewis mainly as a blocker on the left side.

If you want to be a running team like we have talkend about, you need a traditional FB

Quote:you did?

Wasn't there much rejoicing going on when it came out that we were eliminating the FB position? That we've finally "reached the modern era of NFL offenses"?

Quote:I think Olson had planned on simply using a TE in role of a blocking FB when needed, but the loss of LT Luke (and his poor performance) forced him to use Lewis mainly as a blocker on the left side.
yes he did but if you want to be a running team and you want to run the football you need a FB

Quote:Wasn't there much rejoicing going on when it came out that we were eliminating the FB position? That we've finally "reached the modern era of NFL offenses"?

I don't recall any "rejoicing."

Even if there was does that mean everyone was happy about it?

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 11:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Wasn't there much rejoicing going on when it came out that we were eliminating the FB position? That we've finally "reached the modern era of NFL offenses"?
not from me, i want to draft Ala. Jalston Fowler in the mid to late rounds and the year befor i wanted to draft the guy the Ravens picked Kyle Juszyk