Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it time to scrap the Power Blocking scheme and revert back to Zone Blocking?

The west coast modified Offense scheme he had intended to my understanding was to come out passing a lot in the 1st half and heavy running in the 2nd once they had secured a lead to own the clock, and tire out the defense should they need to come back to heavy passing again.

The problem is Blake isnt throwing great & the WRs are dropping way too many passes.  Then the running hasnt been there but TJ Yeldon has shown promise.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 11:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Unless you have Tom Brady and can spread them out every play, you need a FB. I bet all the top rushing teams have a FB on their team and uses them on a lot of running plays

I dunno I am not big on the need of a FB either.  They could simply throw screen passes to Grant & Yeldon or run to the outside using the TEs instead of a FB.

Quote:Unless you have Tom Brady and can spread them out every play, you need a FB. I bet all the top rushing teams have a FB on their team and uses them on a lot of running plays

Seattle doesn't carry a FB.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I dunno I am not big on the need of a FB either. They could simply throw screen passes to Grant & Yeldon or run to the outside using the TEs instead of a FB.
lol, i TE will not be able to block like a FB. You obviously dont really care too much about running the football

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 12:04 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Seattle doesn't carry a FB.
Seattle has always used a FB, so has Min., and KC

The team was lucky to have Fred Taylor, Maurice Jones-Drew, but is TJ Yeldon really close to them in talent?  I mean he's only rookie heading into week 4 but I would like to see more from him in this game against the Colts..

man Freddie & MJD always ran great against the 3-4 Colts defense in the past.

Some great memories... i would love to see TJ Yeldon show the fans that again.

Quote:Seattle doesn't carry a FB.
what game did Sea. not use their FB?

Quote:The team was lucky to have Fred Taylor, Maurice Jones-Drew, but is TJ Yeldon really close to them in talent? I mean he's only rookie heading into week 4 but I would like to see more from him in this game against the Colts..

man Freddie & MJD always ran great against the 3-4 Colts defense in the past.

Some great memories... i would love to see TJ Yeldon show the fans that again.
do you think MJD would of ever been what he was without a FB

Quote:what game did Sea. not use their FB?

In the past they used a DT to lead block out of I-Formation. They don't run a lot of I-formation though so that may have changed recently.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:do you think MJD would of ever been what he was without a FB

he did have a great blocking FB in Greg Jones, but MJD was great on STs too and now FB in that scenario so yes... i do think MJD woudlve been good regardless.

Quote:he did have a great blocking FB in Greg Jones, but MJD was great on STs too and now FB in that scenario so yes... i do think MJD woudlve been good regardless.
of course he would of been good but do you think he would of ever put up the numbers and been one of the top RBs in the game without a FB?

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 12:25 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:In the past they used a DT to lead block out of I-Formation. They don't run a lot of I-formation though so that may have changed recently.
they have run strong and weak formations. I dont ever remember seeing them not use a FB. They have had that deaf player as there FB for the last few years and before that they had the guy on NFL network, cant think of his name but he is always on there. Even the years with Shawn Alexander they even used a FB.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 12:40 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:they have run strong and weak formations. I dont ever remember seeing them not use a FB. They have had that deaf player as there FB for the last few years and before that they had the guy on NFL network, cant think of his name but he is always on there. Even the years with Shawn Alexander they even used a FB.
Here's a write up that highlights the usage of FBs with Seattle. Its kind of dated but you'll notice the percentage of snaps they used the FB throughout the season and how the usage, or lack thereof, doesn't have much impact on Marshawn's running.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2013/12/24/morning-links-does-a-fullback-help-lynchs-rushing/'>http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2013/12/24/morning-links-does-a-fullback-help-lynchs-rushing/</a>

Here's a blurb on the usage of a FB from this past game:

Quote:Will Tukuafu was active for the first time this season and got 12 snaps, mostly playing as an extra tight end, something that was needed with Luke Willson out but a role he also could continue to play in giving the Seahawks more blocking at the point of attack. Tukuafu and fullback Derrick Coleman had a combined 26 snaps, the most use out of that position all season (even if they weren’t all strictly fullback snaps).

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seattle-seahawks-snap-counts/'>http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seattle-seahawks-snap-counts/</a>

It kind of goes hand in hand on how they value the position the past few years.

Quote:Here's a write up that highlights the usage of FBs with Seattle. Its kind of dated but you'll notice the percentage of snaps they used the FB throughout the season and how the usage, or lack thereof, doesn't have much impact on Marshawn's running.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2013/12/24/morning-links-does-a-fullback-help-lynchs-rushing/'>http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2013/12/24/morning-links-does-a-fullback-help-lynchs-rushing/</a>

Here's a blurb on the usage of a FB from this past game:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seattle-seahawks-snap-counts/'>http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seattle-seahawks-snap-counts/</a>

It kind of goes hand in hand on how they value the position the past few years.
thats about right as they now have Jimmy Graham, still use singleback and shotgun. I never said use it everyplay but when you want to line up and play hardnose football you use a FB and also on most short yardage plays. If it wasnt an important position to them i dont think they would carry 2 FBs. And by that article they have 2 FBs on the roster

Messing with the blocking scheme is a horrible idea

HORRIBLE IDEA

so bad to suggest any changes are needed to Marrone's blocking scheme since the Oline for once is giving Blake time to throw...

Players not plays....
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I swear, after a loss, this fanbase implodes.

Why must we change everything when things dont go right? My goodness, im glad you moody fans dont run this franchise.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

It's time to have healthy starters on the line.

It is not time to (facepalm) change schemes.