Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's move on to the Colts

Week 3 is over for us. We need to focus on our next opponent, the Indianapolis Colts.

The first two weeks, they got thrashed by the Bills and Jets. Everyone thought they suck, especially on offense . . . and that the Bills and Jets are much better on defense with their new head coaches. So which is it? Did the AFC East make them look worse than they are or do the Colts really suck that bad?

Then the Titans met them in Week 3. It was a single-digit win for the Colts. Does that mean anything? I think I read Andrew Luck threw two interceptions in that game, so apparently they were "Luck-y" to win and still suck.

I think the Colts really are that bad. Even Chuck Pagano does not expect to be back next season. It is a winnable game. I will not be surprised either way. My biggest concern is our injury report.

GO JAGUARS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Andrew Luck has thrown 5 TDs and 7 interceptions so far.  He's also fumbled one away.  He's completing 56% of his passes.  Will he return to the mean against the Jags or are these numbers indicative of problems with the clots offense as a whole?  I guess we'll find out Sunday.

I saw that fumble and some of the interceptions. Eight turnovers in only three weeks is pathetic.

If the Jaguars win, they will officially be better than the Colts.

Luck will throw for 300+ with 3 TDs and no picks. This is Jaguars football.

Quote:Week 3 is over for us. We need to focus on our next opponent, the Indianapolis Colts.

The first two weeks, they got thrashed by the Bills and Jets. Everyone thought they suck, especially on offense . . . and that the Bills and Jets are much better on defense with their new head coaches. So which is it? Did the AFC East make them look worse than they are or do the Colts really suck that bad?

Then the Titans met them in Week 3. It was a single-digit win for the Colts. Does that mean anything? I think I read Andrew Luck threw two interceptions in that game, so apparently they were "Luck-y" to win and still suck.

I think the Colts really are that bad. Even Chuck Pagano does not expect to be back next season. It is a winnable game. I will not be surprised either way. My biggest concern is our injury report.

GO JAGUARS!

I agree that it's a winnable game and I also agree that it's going to depend on the injury report.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Andrew Luck has been worse than Bortles. If the O line holds up, I'd expect Bortles to take us to vicory

Yeah my biggest concern is the secondary health. Sounds like Cyp may be back but Sergio doesn't sound likely considering he's in a boot. House I believe they said will be evaluated.

If we can get some pressure with our front 4, Luck will continue his mistakes.

The OL I expect to at least pass protect well again. Linder seems good to play again, and Joeckel may be back (over reactions looming)

If JT comes back ARob will have a huge game again.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote: Andrew Luck has been worse than Bortles. If the O line holds up, I'd expect Bortles to take us to vicory

Careful with that talk around here. Bortles is Gabbert 2.0 remember
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I wish the colts would not have had that comeback yesterday but maybe since they did get the win out of the way we do have a chance still. They have played horribly but Im nervous Luck will look like Luck again.

Quote:I wish the colts would not have had that comeback yesterday but maybe since they did get the win out of the way we do have a chance still. They have played horribly but Im nervous Luck will look like Luck again.

He still looked horrible in that win. This isn't the Indy team from the past few years that's for sure
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He's going to have a career day against the Jags. We typically give teams confidence boosts

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 06:45 PM by ozzdog12.)

1: I'm fairly certain we've never beaten Luck and we've really never played them close.

2: No way we win with all our injuries and as bad as they are. I think we are honestly a better team, but injuries have decimated us to the point to where the drop off in talent between starters and whose left is a HUGE margain.

3: Anything is possible, but I'm not getting my hopes up

• Ravens @ Steelers 2002 (PIT 34-31)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2009 (TEN 30-13)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2012 (TEN 38- 20)
  • Colts @ Jaguars 2013 (IND 37-3)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2014 (TEN 16-14)
  • Panthers @ Jaguars 2015 (CAR 20-9)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2015 (TEN 42-39)

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. We do travel on the road to an Indy team that finally got some confidence last week. I think it will be a tight game, as I think every game in the AFCS is going to be a tight game this year. I still stand by my predition that we would start 1-3 thanks to injuries and brutal schedule to start the year. That being said, if we win I would love it. 

Quote:I wish the Colts would not have had that comeback yesterday but maybe since they did get the win out of the way we do have a chance still. They have played horribly but I'm nervous Luck will look like Luck again.

Comeback wins are irrelevant. The important thing is that their win was despite terrible play, not because of it.

Whether Luck looks like Luck again or not depends on our defense. He obviously is not good against anybody.

Are the colts CBs still out?

Biggest concern is the injury report - if we can get a few healthy bodies back, this might be a competitive game.  But if we have to start some 3rd stringers and bring people up from the practice squad just to have enough active personnel, it's not going to be a pretty game. 

Quote:Are the colts CBs still out?
nope

The Colts aren't playing very well right now but they will bring their A game against the Jags. Everybody comes to play the Jags even players that have been injured for awhile. I wouldn't put to much on Lucks pick b/c the Jags aren't at the top of the list for takeaways. The Colts probably would've lost sunday if it weren't for the play call on the 2 pt conversion for TENN. So it will be even game with both sides calling about the same thing.  :mellow: Somebody else has got to step up on this Offense and either catch the ball or run like crazy. :thanks:

The Colts weren't playing well in the first two games. They started playing bad against the Titans and won the game scoring 3 TD in the 4th Quarter. Luck seems hungry, I hope he doesn't pick apart our defense like Brady did. The Jaguars will be viewed as a perfect opportunity to rebound for them. I hope we get some players back into the starting line up. 

Quote:Are the Colts CBs still out?

Which cornerbacks were out Sunday?