Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's move on to the Colts

Quote:The Colts weren't playing well in the first two games. They started playing bad against the Titans and won the game scoring 3 TD in the 4th Quarter. Luck seems hungry, I hope he doesn't pick apart our defense like Brady did. The Jaguars will be viewed as a perfect opportunity to rebound for them. I hope we get some players back into the starting line up. 
Watch Marks, JT, and Branch not feel right and sit out for the next three games. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:1: I'm fairly certain we've never beaten Luck and we've really never played them close.

2: No way we win with all our injuries and as bad as they are. I think we are honestly a better team, but injuries have decimated us to the point to where the drop off in talent between starters and whose left is a HUGE margain.

3: Anything is possible, but I'm not getting my hopes up

1. We beat Luck in Indy in 2012.

2. We very well maybe be getting a slew of players back healthy. Julius Thomas is almost certainly back, and there's a shot Sen'Derick could be back. Joekel, Marquis and Cyp might all be back as well.

3. The Colts are still struggling to play well. They're ripe for the picking right now, so the Jaguars need to take advantage.

One player on the Colts we particularly need to pay attention to is former Jaguar Dwight Lowery. He'll be itching for redemption, and he's played lights out the past two weeks with huge plays. You can basically credit him for getting the win over the Titans last week

'02

These injuries are, hurting us badly{besides bad coaching} This is a game the Jaguars could and should win. The Colts are not, playing well. We can't afford to lose close games against  bad teams. If the Jags want to survive and win at least 5 games this season this will be one of those games. We're not 1-5 just yet.

If we get Thomas back, start McCray and House on the outside and change up our defensive strategy we have a chance to win.  Bortles also has to play better and the WR need to catch the ball.  I feel like a lot of things need to go right for us to win another game lol.  We cant sit back and play soft zone coverage against Luck though and expect to win.  We have to play man press coverage and mix up different blitz packages to even have a chance.  I thought thats why we brought the corners here that we have with size to play man press coverage?  Makes no sense to me

Quote:1. We beat Luck in Indy in 2012.

2. We very well maybe be getting a slew of players back healthy. Julius Thomas is almost certainly back, and there's a shot Sen'Derick could be back. Joekel, Marquis and Cyp might all be back as well.

3. The Colts are still struggling to play well. They're ripe for the picking right now, so the Jaguars need to take advantage.

One player on the Colts we particularly need to pay attention to is former Jaguar Dwight Lowery. He'll be itching for redemption, and he's played lights out the past two weeks with huge plays. You can basically credit him for getting the win over the Titans last week
Almost certainly back? Link?

Quote:Julius Thomas is almost certainly back, and there's a shot Sen'Derick could be back. Joekel, Marquis and Cyp might all be back as well.

I hope julius plays but from the looks of it he is probably not going to play this week and if he does he probably wont be fully incorporated. In the press conference earlier they mentioned that thomas will continue practicing limited this week so im not sure if they even think the chances are good. He is meeting with the doctor this week some point to get a more definitive idea but with his injury an extra week is probably beneficial. It sucks because this week is big for the team I'm just not too optimistic about his return. Sen'Derick is an even longer shot to play in my book, and would definitely be limited if he does play.

Quote:If we get Thomas back, start McCray and House on the outside and change up our defensive strategy we have a chance to win.  Bortles also has to play better and the WR need to catch the ball.  I feel like a lot of things need to go right for us to win another game lol.  We cant sit back and play soft zone coverage against Luck though and expect to win.  We have to play man press coverage and mix up different blitz packages to even have a chance.  I thought thats why we brought the corners here that we have with size to play man press coverage?  Makes no sense to me
Is Colvin hurt that bad where he won't play this week?

Quote: 

I still never understood why we let Lowery walk when he was definitely the best player in our secondary for a time.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

If the Jags defense is still injury-bitten in the backfield, and the front doesn't provide pressure on the QB for much of the game,,Luck is going to look just like Brady and pick them apart.

That said, the Colts defense is not good. The outcome of this game will depend on the Jags offense. Bortles and Company need to look like they actually belong in the NFL for more than just a couple drives. If the Jags offense consistently struggles against this bad defense,, it should really cause some concern (even to the most patient of fans).

Quote:If we get Thomas back, start McCray and House on the outside and change up our defensive strategy we have a chance to win.  Bortles also has to play better and the WR need to catch the ball.  I feel like a lot of things need to go right for us to win another game lol.  We cant sit back and play soft zone coverage against Luck though and expect to win.  We have to play man press coverage and mix up different blitz packages to even have a chance.  I thought thats why we brought the corners here that we have with size to play man press coverage?  Makes no sense to me
I agree - we simply aren't creative on D.  The soft zone coverage is only going to lead to a slow loss as Luck picks us apart.  Better to blitz and take your chances.  

With the Jags luck, the clots will have 0 TOs, and Luck will have his best game this season.

Quote:Is Colvin hurt that bad where he won't play this week?
Not sure

Don't see it happening. I think we do better then last week.

I think we close the gap and lose by no more than 21 this week.  

Quote:I agree - we simply aren't creative on D.  The soft zone coverage is only going to lead to a slow loss as Luck picks us apart.  Better to blitz and take your chances.  

This is totally true.  One thing Luck is very good at is checking down and he's deadly accurate with the short yardage stuff.  If we give Luck time to throw and play soft zones again, we're toast.

My gut tells me we do just that, and thus we allow Luck to drive down the field killing us with a thousand paper cuts as he dinks and dunks us to death. 

[Image: Andrew-Luck-spitting-everywhere.gif]

This thing needs to eat turf on Sunday and finally lose. So tired of getting beat by this screaming caveman.

I wish we had Landry back. I never understood why we let him go.

Quote:I wish we had Landry back. I never understood why we let him go.

Assuming you mean Lowery?

Quote:Almost certainly back? Link?

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...us-thomas/

'02

Many predicted that the Colts would go to the SuperBowl prior to the start of the season.

The Bills are a much tougher team under Rex this year (they werent that bad last year) and the interior Defensive Line is fierce!  Jets are improved (they didnt look great in PreSeason) but have played much better now that HC Bowles dumped Geno Smith.

This will be a tough game but it is a must win for Head Coach Gus Bradley coming off a defeat like the team had against the Patriots & being a divisional game.

At the very minimum he must be close in this game, to be blown out by the colts (back to back blowouts) will not look good regardless of any excuses.  Bortles needs a good game to not have talk of Chad Henne starting.. i know most people are like why is Chad even on the roster but if Bortles comes out and has a 50 QB rating game the talk will be there in the media if nothing else.