Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does anyone else get depressed after losses on Monday?

I do.  My God, I've got all kinds of challenges and blessings in my life, and you know what bothers me most today? Wondering if Blake Bortles is going to be the QB we hoped he'd be.  Wondering if the arrow is point up on the Jags.

Am I alone in this?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 03:23 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:<div>
Am I alone in this?

</div>

(looks at message board for five seconds)

No.

This feeling on mondays after a loss is part of my life since many years now...

Mondays don't bother me anymore. Sunday night though... That's a different story.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 03:38 PM by JAGANTIUS.)

No one cares on everything is fine no worries hey everyone go down to the beach and enjoy yourselves. Us other trolls will just call it how we see it. 

Quote:No one cares on everything is fine no worries hey everyone go down to the beach and enjoy yourselves. Us other trolls will just call it how we see it. 

The better plan is to start a new thread every 30 minutes after a loss

Or continue to come up with terrible nicknames for Blake Bortles

Yeah this one hurts because how bad we lost. But the 49ers got beat even worse and the dolphins got blown out at home so at least were not alone.

I was pretty bummed out the Monday after Carolina.

This game was not that big a deal for me.

Now... come next Monday, if we look bad against the clots, I might be in full nuclear melt down.

Quote:I do.  My God, I've got all kinds of challenges and blessings in my life, and you know what bothers me most today? Wondering if Blake Bortles is going to be the QB we hoped he'd be.  Wondering if the arrow is point up on the Jags.

Am I alone in this?

It was a tough game on us. There were a lot of challenges that took place, and we’ll grow from it. Frustration, I would say, is right. It shows we're invested. We are a prideful group, we’ll come back.

Quote:I was pretty bummed out the Monday after Carolina.

This game was not that big a deal for me.

Now... come next Monday, if we look bad against the clots, I might be in full nuclear melt down.

What if we lose a close one to the Colts? How would you feel then?

Quote:Yeah this one hurts because how bad we lost. But the 49ers got beat even worse and the dolphins got blown out at home so at least were not alone.
The Jaguars are my #1 team and the team I care about.  But I was raised in a 49ers family and so I still have a soft spot for them.  Yesterday was quite painful.  I was hoping other teams would get blown out to help take the focus off my Jags and then the Niners step up.  Or......don't step up. 

Quote:Or continue to come up with terrible nicknames for Blake Bortles

You mean like Blank, or Blink, Or Fake?

Quote:You mean like Blank, or Blink, Or Fake?

Keep going. They are all terrible.

Used to but not for the last 5 years because we really have limited above average NFL level talent

Quote:I do.  My God, I've got all kinds of challenges and blessings in my life, and you know what bothers me most today? Wondering if Blake Bortles is going to be the QB we hoped he'd be.  Wondering if the arrow is point up on the Jags.

Am I alone in this?
To this point you have to expect the Jags to lose.  It's a shock when they win.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 03:47 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:What if we lose a close one to the Colts? How would you feel then?
It would depend on how well bb5 plays, to be honest...

But if we lose on a missed fg while scoring in the high 20s, I think I'd feel bummed out, but not angry at the world...

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 03:47 PM by jags_r_bake.)

Letting something you have no control over and as meaningless as a sport depress you is very strange. I don't like watching, but win or loss, it doesn't affect the rest of my week in the slightest.

Quote:Letting something you have no control over depress you is very strange. I don't like watching, but win or loss, it doesn't affect the rest of my week in the slightest.

Last week, after the win, I was pretty happy all week... but that's just me.

Quote:Last week, after the win, I was pretty happy all week... but that's just me.
I'm sure you were not the only one and I don't think there is anything wrong with that side of it. Being happy is a good thing and if sports can provide it then that's good. I personally just block out of my mind except on the day that it happened, even if it is a win because it really doesn't mean anything. I just think it is odd for people to get sad and upset about it.