Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does anyone else get depressed after losses on Monday?

Depressed?  No not really.  I view football and specifically the NFL as pure entertainment.  Disappointed?  Sure.  I had hoped that the Jaguars would have done better, but a loss... even an ugly loss like yesterday doesn't depress me.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We're all disappointed.  Some people are better able to disconnect emotionally after a loss than others.  It's that simple.

Not depression for me. If I do have any feelings that are bringing me down as it pertains to the Jags I come here. I take some odd joy in reading the complete mental meltdowns and flip flopping that occurs here after a loss.  It actually serves to cheer me up.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 05:18 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Doesn't bother me one bit anymore .... here's living proof

Me Before Game   ------------------------- Me After Game

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Quote:I do.  My God, I've got all kinds of challenges and blessings in my life, and you know what bothers me most today? Wondering if Blake Bortles is going to be the QB we hoped he'd be.  Wondering if the arrow is point up on the Jags.

Am I alone in this?

This is the Jacksonville Jaguars we're talking about. If you're STILL getting depressed over losing, you're more than likely a new fan. Which begs me to ask, how in the world did you become a fan? 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:I'm sure you were not the only one and I don't think there is anything wrong with that side of it. Being happy is a good thing and if sports can provide it then that's good. I personally just block out of my mind except on the day that it happened, even if it is a win because it really doesn't mean anything. I just think it is odd for people to get sad and upset about it.

I think it's understood that I'm being hyperbolic in terms of how high or low I get based on the jags performance. I do enjoy the ups and downs of following the jags. Though it's been almost all downs fir longer than I'd like to remember.

But yeah, the Carolina game had me bummed out for pretty much all Sunday afternoon.

I just enjoy using the nfl season as a distraction and break from work and what not. I'm pretty vested in this team, there's no doubt about it.

But when I say I'll go into nuclear melt down if we lose to the clots, it just means I'll be very critical of Gus in my postings for at least a week. It's not like I'm gonna kick my dog, or really jump off a building, or stay in bed for a week.

But I think most of us are a bit hyperbolic on these discussions. It's what makes the jungle so fun.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 06:36 PM by ozzdog12.)

Quote:This feeling on mondays after a loss is part of my life since many years now...

I don't think I've 'enjoyed' a football season in a very long time(2007? maybe). I love the Jaguars, but they have turned me into a miserable person to be around during football seasons. I'm angry and depressed almost every Sunday. Very First world problem I have.

• Ravens @ Steelers 2002 (PIT 34-31)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2009 (TEN 30-13)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2012 (TEN 38- 20)
  • Colts @ Jaguars 2013 (IND 37-3)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2014 (TEN 16-14)
  • Panthers @ Jaguars 2015 (CAR 20-9)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2015 (TEN 42-39)

I was pretty mad after the 1st game. I didnt expect us to win against the Patriots. As of now Im just disappointed in thr gameplan

I knew we'd lose; HOWEVER, I didn't expect that.  The offense sucks, BAD.  They never generate plays or first downs until it doesn't matter anymore. ANOTHER long year for us Jags fans.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

You get used to the losing after a few years, and hearing the lies about rebuilding, we're getting better, etc.  It's all a smoke screen to get you to fork out your hard-earned money in the hopes of seeing a competitive game.  

Once you start expecting the Jags to lose every game, it's a lot easier to deal with Mondays. 

Quote:You get used to the losing after a few years, and hearing the lies about rebuilding, we're getting better, etc.  It's all a smoke screen to get you to fork out your hard-earned money in the hopes of seeing a competitive game.  

Once you start expecting the Jags to lose every game, it's a lot easier to deal with Mondays. 
I was a Sunday Ticket plus going to 2 games a year fan.  Haven't done that since the Bradley era began.  It's not worth my money.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:This is the Jacksonville Jaguars we're talking about. If you're STILL getting depressed over losing, you're more than likely a new fan. Which begs me to ask, how in the world did you become a fan? 

I've had season tickets since 1998.

Quote:I've had season tickets since 1998.
I commend you sir - you are glutton for punishment.  

Quote:Or continue to come up with terrible nicknames for Blake Bortles

He was pretty spot on with #BlaineBortles though... hate him all you want but the guy tells it like it is

It's apologists like you that refuse to accept this team and where its headed

Quote:I've had season tickets since 1998.
[Image: thank+you+sir+may+i+have+another+1.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote: 

<div> 

(looks at message board for five seconds)

No.

</div>

Hilarious!

I get sad after watching my favorite team be embarassed on TV, but depressed (worries me that you might be transfering other things onto your sports entertainment hobby). 

It never hurts to get outside and play football to free your mind of stuff... and get exercise which releases stress and calms the mind.

Quote:Doesn't bother me one bit anymore .... here's living proof

Me Before Game   ------------------------- Me After Game

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Thats awesome!

no !  I love the jags but there are way more important things in life .  disappointed perhaps but certainly not depressed