Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Year 3 of the rebuild. The arrow is not pointing up. When to hit the reset button?

Sure Khan improved the stadium, put up the screens, pools, etc.  That being said it's so boring to watch Jaguar games that you need all of the other distractions to not fall asleep.  The offense is ineffective 75% of the time and the defense constantly gets torched. Lets look at all of the areas of the team.

QB: Meh.  The Jury is still out on Bortles.  Can he be a QB who can win on a consistent basis.

RB: Sucks.,  Nothing special about any of them.  Robinson is the only one who really shows explosiveness but can't stay healthy

WR:  Sucks.  Allen Robinson is the only good WR among the group.  Hurns is decent but inconsistent and you can't count on the albino tiger to play

TE:  Sucks.  Lewis is mr invisible followed by a bunch of nobody's.  I hope Julius Thomas can become a weapon for us

OL:  Sucks.  Sure they improved but not hard to do when your bottom of the barrel.  Run blocking is pathetic while Pass blocking is average

DL:  Sucks.  Marks is the only consistent player.  The rest are average to terrible.  Brady slept in the pocket yesterday

LB: Sucks.  Poz is an average old player along with a raw telvin smith.  Just a group of guys

CB: Average:  Got some guys that can play but none are close to be a shut down corner

S: Sucks: I don't see one potential star amoung them

So going into year 3 the roster is a complete mess and the coaches have done a piss poor job.  When is it ok to hit the reset button?  The definition of insanity is doing the same things over again and expecting different results.  This is not working.

Going into week 4 the Jags are near the bottom of the league in Offense and Defense again. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Eh. I don't have another rebuild left in me. I would keep Caldwell and bring in a proven guy to coach the team. The problem is the team is super young and I think it's too early to give up on Blake. Unfortunately this offseason will probably be Blake's third new offense to year in a 3 year period.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 02:54 PM by badger.)

Hit the reset button?  That is part of the reason we are in this mess.  We didn't retain enough of the good pieces we had to begin with.  We keep adding to what we have.  Add enough good players and we have to eventually get better.

Also, I found most of your position evaluations really horrible.  I hope you didn't put much thought into it.

I don't agree with your definition of "Sucks".  I'd say most of those that you labeled as such are average.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 02:55 PM by MightyRx.)

LOL to this thread
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

I'm venturing to guess you don't actually attend home games. 

The Dolphins game was hardly boring, but hey, feel free to make blanket assumptions over things you know nothing about.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Sure Khan improved the stadium, put up the screens, pools, etc. That being said it's so boring to watch Jaguar games that you need all of the other distractions to not fall asleep. The offense is ineffective 75% of the time and the defense constantly gets torched. Lets look at all of the areas of the team.

QB: Meh. The Jury is still out on Bortles. Can he be a QB who can win on a consistent basis.

RB: Sucks., Nothing special about any of them. Robinson is the only one who really shows explosiveness but can't stay healthy

WR: Sucks. Allen Robinson is the only good WR among the group. Hurns is decent but inconsistent and you can't count on the albino tiger to play

TE: Sucks. Lewis is mr invisible followed by a bunch of nobody's. I hope Julius Thomas can become a weapon for us

OL: Sucks. Sure they improved but not hard to do when your bottom of the barrel. Run blocking is pathetic while Pass blocking is average

DL: Sucks. Marks is the only consistent player. The rest are average to terrible. Brady slept in the pocket yesterday

LB: Sucks. Poz is an average old player along with a raw telvin smith. Just a group of guys

CB: Average: Got some guys that can play but none are close to be a shut down corner

S: Sucks: I don't see one potential star amoung them

So going into year 3 the roster is a complete mess and the coaches have done a [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor job. When is it ok to hit the reset button? The definition of insanity is doing the same things over again and expecting different results. This is not working.

Going into week 4 the Jags are near the bottom of the league in Offense and Defense again.

Bortles I agree.

RB I disagree. Until the oline opens up some hole hard to give a fair evaluation on Held in.

WR's still have a lot to prove. I don't think they sucks. But I don't think we have anyone special. Robinson has a chance, but he isn't getting a lot of separation.

TE should look much better with Julius, but we'll see.

Olines strength was supposed to be the run, not the pass. Not sure what the issue is there.

Defensively I just don't like the scheme. I'm not a fan of play not to lose. I want an aggressive D and press at the line. I thought that is why we drafted big CB's. Just not seeing that.

Quote:Hit the reset button?  That is part of the reason we are in this mess.  We didn't retain enough of the good pieces we had to begin with.  We keep adding to what we have.  Add enough good players and we have to eventually get better.

Also, I found most of your position evaluations really horrible.  I hope you didn't put much thought into it.
He used Madden ratings.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

This is the year.  They said it was a 3 year build, before the season started Caldwell & Bradley said they were built.  You can't hit the reset button in the middle of the season so you give them this year and see where you stand when it's over. 

The team will always be in building/rebuilding mode until they find a franchise QB, let's hope Bortles turns out to be the guy.

Quote:Bortles I agree.

RB I disagree. Until the oline opens up some hole hard to give a fair evaluation on Held in.

WR's still have a lot to prove. I don't think they sucks. But I don't think we have anyone special. Robinson has a chance, but he isn't getting a lot of separation.

TE should look much better with Julius, but we'll see.

Olines strength was supposed to be the run, not the pass. Not sure what the issue is there.

Defensively I just don't like the scheme. I'm not a fan of play not to lose. I want an aggressive D and press at the line. I thought that is why we drafted big CB's. Just not seeing that.

Even the best offensive line is going to struggle to create lanes when you've got teams putting 8 and 9 guys in the box.

Quote:This is the year.  They said it was a 3 year build, before the season started Caldwell & Bradley said they were built.  You can't hit the reset button in the middle of the season so you give them this year and see where you stand when it's over. 

The team will always be in building/rebuilding mode until they find a franchise QB, let's hope Bortles turns out to be the guy.

They said it was a three year rebuild although they probably knew it would take longer.  They just cant say "five year rebuild" and expect people to be cool with it.

This team is not getting closer to a playoff team... end of story

It's

Quote:They said it was a three year rebuild although they probably knew it would take longer.  They just cant say "five year rebuild" and expect people to be cool with it.
Yup.... internal discussions versus things said to the fans.  Hey get upset that we aren't good enough but did you really think this was "the year"?

One of the three years was a historically poor talent draft and they didn't even spend in free agency that year.  Oh and that was the same year they let everyone go that wasn't "long" term on their plans.

The CBA is very very bad for teams that keep blowing it up and hitting the reset button.  You get a pittance of extra practice time in year one with your new head coach.  You can't keep installing systems and expect the game to slow down for a young quarterback.  I saw some progress in the Sunday loss.  Even though the score was awful compared to the Panther's game, we had better play for most of the player groups.

I think the ball boy was suiting up for our secondary on Sunday.  You can't keep losing guys there and not expect a historically great offense in the Patriots to not tear it up.  I thought the Defensive line play was better than week one.

I'm a pitch fork and emotional guy but this wasn't the week to tick me off.  Ask me my opinion after the Colts game.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:They said it was a three year rebuild although they probably knew it would take longer.  They just cant say "five year rebuild" and expect people to be cool with it.

You're right, they couldn't have said "five year rebuild", but they can't say "three year rebuild" and then not deliver on that.  Fans are going to hold them to what they say publicly.  Saying "We're built" before the season doesn't help.

It's time for a new head coach. Preferably not a rookie one this time.

Quote:You're right, they couldn't have said "five year rebuild", but they can't say "three year rebuild" and then not deliver on that.  Fans are going to hold them to what they say publicly.  Saying "We're built" before the season doesn't help.
It doesn't help but I think they are taking a wait and see approach.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Yay!!! Monday Morning JaguarMVP threads!!

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:It's time for a new head coach. Preferably not a rookie one this time.

I'm not ready to give up on Gus, yet. He was handed an absolute mess three years ago. Let's let the season play out before everyone jumps of the Wells Fargo building together.

Quote: The offense is ineffective 75% of the time

But thats only true half the time