Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Year 3 of the rebuild. The arrow is not pointing up. When to hit the reset button?

Quote:It doesn't help but I think they are taking a wait and see approach.

I get that, I was just talking from the general fans perception (some would say overreaction).  The reality is, we're 3 weeks into the year with seemingly winnable games ahead.  It's too soon to talk about hitting the reset button.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hate knee jerk monday.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 03:17 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:When is it ok to hit the reset button?  The definition of insanity is doing the same things over again and expecting different results.  This is not working.

There is some irony in this statement.

Quote:Hit the reset button?  That is part of the reason we are in this mess.  We didn't retain enough of the good pieces we had to begin with.  We keep adding to what we have.  Add enough good players and we have to eventually get better.

Also, I found most of your position evaluations really horrible.  I hope you didn't put much thought into it.
Your one of the hardcore homers so I didn't expect you to agree.  The results speak for themselves.  This team is terrible. The truth hurts

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I'm venturing to guess you don't actually attend home games. 

The Dolphins game was hardly boring, but hey, feel free to make blanket assumptions over things you know nothing about.
I watched the whole game.  The entire second half was boring.  The offense was infective until really deep in the fourth quarter.  Change your bifocals

Quote:Your one of the hardcore homers so I didn't expect you to agree.  The results speak for themselves.  This team is terrible. The truth hurts

Last week you posted a thread called "Redemption" and said this

Quote:<div>
Much respect for the team bouncing back and winning this game. They played like bums last week. They scratched and clawed to win an ugly second half game. Gives me some hope

</div>

So if they win next week, your hope is back and they don't need to hit the reset button? Trying to keep up.

Quote:I watched the whole game.  The entire second half was boring.  The offense was infective until really deep in the fourth quarter.  Change your bifocals
You didn't watch it in the stadium, so you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  Stick to Madden.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:So if they win next week, your hope is back and they don't need to hit the reset button? Trying to keep up.
Well, NOW he won't.  He'll have to come up with something else to start another mind numbingly thought provoking thread.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Sure Khan improved the stadium, put up the screens, pools, etc.  That being said it's so boring to watch Jaguar games that you need all of the other distractions to not fall asleep.  The offense is ineffective 75% of the time and the defense constantly gets torched. Lets look at all of the areas of the team.

QB: Meh.  The Jury is still out on Bortles.  Can he be a QB who can win on a consistent basis.

He's a 2nd year QB who was put in the starting lineup well before intended behind a shaky offensive line as a rookie. He's fresh into his 2nd year after spending much of the off-season trying to improve his mechanics, which was pretty much overhauled, and has yet to have it fully build into muscle memory. 

RB: Sucks.,  Nothing special about any of them.  Robinson is the only one who really shows explosiveness but can't stay healthy

We have a rookie RB, who missed a good portion of pre-season due to injury, time missed=unable to develop skills. Robinson I agree, Gerhart I agree. 

WR:  Sucks.  Allen Robinson is the only good WR among the group.  Hurns is decent but inconsistent and you can't count on the albino tiger to play

<b>Robinson is good, as well as the other 2. However they are again 2nd year players and not expected to be elite. </b>

TE:  Sucks.  Lewis is mr invisible followed by a bunch of nobody's.  I hope Julius Thomas can become a weapon for us

OL:  Sucks.  Sure they improved but not hard to do when your bottom of the barrel.  Run blocking is pathetic while Pass blocking is average

DL:  Sucks.  Marks is the only consistent player.  The rest are average to terrible.  Brady slept in the pocket yesterday

LB: Sucks.  Poz is an average old player along with a raw telvin smith.  Just a group of guys

CB: Average:  Got some guys that can play but none are close to be a shut down corner

S: Sucks: I don't see one potential star amoung them

So going into year 3 the roster is a complete mess and the coaches have done a [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor job.  When is it ok to hit the reset button?  The definition of insanity is doing the same things over again and expecting different results.  This is not working.

Going into week 4 the Jags are near the bottom of the league in Offense and Defense again. 

I stopped at the WR because quite frankly, what is the point? Like a good chunk of people on the board, you don't seem to get it. And it makes no difference how much effort I put into trying to get you to get it, as you will not get it. 

People listen. This rebuild was not like the other ones. This was a complete overhaul. This was taking a team and breaking it down to basically nothing and building it back up again. What you have seen as a football team the past 3 weeks has not been what the team was intended to be. But it is because people are hurt. 

Where do you think we'd be if we had everyone who mattered there? Branch, Fowler, Marks, Thomas, Lee, Cyprien, Joekel? That's basically 7 starters. 

Quote:I hate knee jerk monday.
The team just got smacked by 34 with most it's points coming in garbage time.  The team has a history of these blowouts.

There is nothing "knee jerk" about it.  We are the joke of the NFL

Quote:Defensively I just don't like the scheme. I'm not a fan of play not to lose. I want an aggressive D and press at the line. I thought that is why we drafted big CB's. Just not seeing that.

It's called a Prevent Defense.  We prevent their punter from coming on to the field --- I thought it worked to perfection yesterday !!

Quote:Last week you posted a thread called "Redemption" and said this

Exactly.  I took two many shots of the koolaid and thought the team was on their way up.  Reality hit and it sucks

Quote:Exactly.  I took two many shots of the koolaid and thought the team was on their way up.  Reality hit and it sucks

lol, ok

Quote:You didn't watch it in the stadium, so you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  Stick to Madden.
Do you have a fetish in Madden?  I don't play that garbage but you have some kind of love for it.

Who care's where I watched the game.  It was a bore fest. 

We seem to get a lot of injuries, but all teams do.  Right now, if everyone on the team were healthy, the Jags would be competitive. Three years ago, you couldn't say that.  The rebuild means not only replacing the starters, but building in quality depth.  We're not where we should be at the depth part.

Quote:It's called a Prevent Defense.  We prevent their punter from coming on to the field --- I thought it worked to perfection yesterday !!
The patriots should not have even dressed their punter for the game

Lol! It's like 15 threads like this...

Quote:Lol! It's like 15 threads like this...
Because people are starting to see the truth.  The other tools can preach to themselves but we are what we are. 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 03:33 PM by Sosa.)

I'm highly critical on the Jags, but I disagree with this post. I don't think the players suck, but I think they're not playing up to their potential. Yeldon has showed he can make moves and carry the load, but how much can a guy do when no holes are open for him? Not to mention 8 are in the box just waiting to jump on him. Bortles needs to stop making dumb decisions at crucial moments and he'd be fine - unfortunately, he hasn't shown he can do that. They doubled Robinson all game and when it was 1 on 1 he won the battle. It was out of bounds, but it still showed his jumping skills and I think he'll get better. We need Lee and JT out there to get the pressure off of him and Hurns. 

We played the defending super-bowl champions and they'll embarrass the entire AFC South this year. We were hyped after last week, so its best to just move on from this game and focus on Indy. I guarantee we'll have a better performance against them and some of our starters will be back.