Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Year 3 of the rebuild. The arrow is not pointing up. When to hit the reset button?

Quote:Prevent defense, and the LB's are 15 yards out from the LOS. Absolute trash.

I agree the worst part is that they continued to do it throughout the whole game. No adjustments at all

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree with the people that say bring in Sean Payton

Quote:I agree the worst part is that they continued to do it throughout the whole game. No adjustments at all
They were afraid of press coverage.  Played soft zone...I just get pissed thinking about it.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

The team needs good coaching.  Period.  

Quote:They were afraid of press coverage.  Played soft zone...I just get [BAD WORD REMOVED] thinking about it.
you think after the first 3 or 4 touchdowns they would realize it wasnt working and mix it up a little. What ever you do to Brady, I dont think you can do one thing.  Unless your front 4 is getting pressure consistently you need to mix it up.  Zone, Man, different blitz packages etc...  Whatever you do if it is not working you think they would try different things.

Quote:I agree with the people that say bring in Sean Payton

You think the Saints actually fire him?  They'd be dumb to...  But if we do, Shad better make him the richest coach in the NFL...

What I can't understand is the defensive gameplan was not working in the first half.  Instead of dramatically changing it they go right back to it.  The pats had it too easy.  I would of been sending the dogs every play.  Brady might torch us with downfield throws but atleast you could risk hitting the qb or getting a turnover.  The front 4 struggled heavily.  They should of been sending 5 or 6 at the QB every play the second half.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:You think the Saints actually fire him?  They'd be dumb to...  But if we do, Shad better make him the richest coach in the NFL...
yes i do, they were talking about it earlier on nfl network and most on there think if the Saints finish with a bad record that he will be fired also.  Would love to bring in Payton

Quote:I agree with the people that say bring in Sean Payton

In the case he gets fired, which is unlikely, Jacksonville will be at the end of a long line of teams wanting to hire him.  

Hopefully when we get our top players back we start to play better because the injuries to Fowler, Marks, Thomas, Cyp, Branch, Joeckel, D Rob, House, Gratz, Lee, Greene etc. has been crucial.  

Quote:In the case he gets fired, which is unlikely, Jacksonville will be at the end of a long line of teams wanting to hire him.  
Yeah but Payton im sure will want to work with a good young QB and hopefully he feels Bortles can be that.  On top of the no state tax I think we will have as good a shot as any

Quote:I'm venturing to guess you don't actually attend home games. 

The Dolphins game was hardly boring, but hey, feel free to make blanket assumptions over things you know nothing about.

The guy has a point but so do you

I can't hate, the last home game I've attended was vs. Tampa Bay when we crushed them in 2011

That being said, That game was awesome to watch, even on low def CBS. Such a classic 

Caldwell needs to pay Bill Polian for help on potential QBs. 

I think it is time for the Jags to cut ties with Gus Bradley and sign a real good coach. Look what happen with Buffalo. Jaguars do have some solid players on the team, yet there talent is being wasted with bad coaching. I love Gus Bradley. He's a good coach and a great motivator, but it is time to hire a guy who can get the job done. We can't be comfortable winning 4 or 5 games and losing games like we just did on Sunday.

Quote:Sure Khan improved the stadium, put up the screens, pools, etc.  That being said it's so boring to watch Jaguar games that you need all of the other distractions to not fall asleep.  The offense is ineffective 75% of the time and the defense constantly gets torched. Lets look at all of the areas of the team.

QB: Meh.  The Jury is still out on Bortles.  Can he be a QB who can win on a consistent basis.

RB: Sucks.,  Nothing special about any of them.  Robinson is the only one who really shows explosiveness but can't stay healthy

WR:  Sucks.  Allen Robinson is the only good WR among the group.  Hurns is decent but inconsistent and you can't count on the albino tiger to play

TE:  Sucks.  Lewis is mr invisible followed by a bunch of nobody's.  I hope Julius Thomas can become a weapon for us

OL:  Sucks.  Sure they improved but not hard to do when your bottom of the barrel.  Run blocking is pathetic while Pass blocking is average

DL:  Sucks.  Marks is the only consistent player.  The rest are average to terrible.  Brady slept in the pocket yesterday

LB: Sucks.  Poz is an average old player along with a raw telvin smith.  Just a group of guys

CB: Average:  Got some guys that can play but none are close to be a shut down corner

S: Sucks: I don't see one potential star amoung them

So going into year 3 the roster is a complete mess and the coaches have done a [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor job.  When is it ok to hit the reset button?  The definition of insanity is doing the same things over again and expecting different results.  This is not working.

Going into week 4 the Jags are near the bottom of the league in Offense and Defense again. 

QB - only in his 2nd year, he wasnt supposed to play his rookie year & played behind the worst Oline in the NFL & Jags History.  He had all rookie WRs (beside an injured Shorts III).  This year new OC been up & down - Agree
with you.

RB - Agreed
, not impressed with any of the hyped up RBs at this point but its not fair to judge the rookie TJ Yeldon at this point in his career need to see more..

WR - Agreed
very inconsitent need to not drop as many passes including Allen Robinson whom has improved in the last two weeks, Hurns is still a deep threat if Bortles can get it to him. Lee when is he there?

TE - Agreed
, We all know Lewis stinks but he has his moments at times this year doesnt appear to be one of him.. he has done a good job blocking so he's not totally useless. We need Thomas back!

OL- Totally Disagree with you here.
  The OLine has improved greatly, while they are still fighting just to be average in the NFL they went for the worst to decent.

DL- Totally Disagree with you here.
  The starting DTs are both injured (Marks is needed), Branch is out, Fowler is out, best DLine coach in the NFL hands down not a question he is! Opponets say Jags Dline one of the best in NFL.

LB- Totally Disagree with you here. 
The LBs are above average with Poz leading the NFL with tackles, and one INT!  Telvin was all over the place in Miami & Pats game, OTTO is a bit weak but Skuta is improving.

CB- Disagree with you here.
Not what you think.  I think the CBs are below average.  They are injured, and House is average to above but the rest are below despite me liking Colvin he needs to improve as well.

Safety - Agreed
, I think Cyprien could improve but he has to remain healthy, Sergio looked good in Preseason struggled a bit during season.  No depth at all.

I think Marrone is a great OLine coach and has improved the OLine along with the talent that was brought in especially RT Parnell and the drafted 2nd year RG LInder is a beast.  The Dline needs to be healthy and a great pass rusher is needed (Fowler back next year maybe but should draft another one just incase), LB is okay could use a better OTTO or MLB to train as Poz is getting older though looks good this year.  The DBs is the most dire on Defense and has been for a few years now almost decade.

Quote:I think it is time for the Jags to cut ties with Gus Bradley and sign a real good coach. Look what happen with Buffalo. Jaguars do have some solid players on the team, yet there talent is being wasted with bad coaching. I love Gus Bradley. He's a good coach and a great motivator, but it is time to hire a guy who can get the job done. We can't be comfortable winning 4 or 5 games and losing games like we just did on Sunday.

The Bills were 9-7 last year. Oh, and their head coach is on our staff right now.

;

;

Hue Jackson would be a great hire if it all goes pear shaped.Prolllllly gonna take over Bengals though.

Quote:Hue Jackson would be a great hire if it all goes pear shaped.Prolllllly gonna take over Bengals though.

Take over the Bengals?

;

;

I dunno.. Marrone has done a good job coaching up the OLine.

Gus maybe needs to not be involved in the offensive play calling or STs for that matter.

I think Lewis goes if they dont get anywhere in the playoffs this season.