Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Year 3 of the rebuild. The arrow is not pointing up. When to hit the reset button?

Quote:I think Lewis goes if they dont get anywhere in the playoffs this season.

I'd be surprised. He's basically the GM too.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sorry your right. I just presumed he had a GM hanging over his head.

I can't think anyone I'd like coaching the Jags if Bradley goes other than Jackson or Payton

To be honest, from the starting point of the roster we had, the "talent" we had, and the bad luck we keep seeming to find on the injury front, this team needed much more than three years to rebuild.  No other team in the NFL was even close to having as bad a roster as us when the current management took over. 

I really can't think of a time when Gene Smith was around that he actually drafted someone like Robinson or Bortles, and to a further extent Allen Hurns that's honestly let me think that in a few years when these guys develop that we might actually stand a chance. 

Usually NFL teams have one or two rising stars from the draft, we had practically nothing for that huge stretch of time. 

I'm guessing as long as we get to 6-10 this year without many more blowouts like sunday that there won't be a reset.  Most of the good teams have a ton of consistency and the majority of times teams are just hurt by constant coaching changes.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 10:53 PM by knarnn.)

Blow it all up!!! Its like like hitting the reset button on your PS4 when you're losing in Madden. That works every time we do it!!!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Blow it all up!!! Its like like hitting the reset button on your PS4 when you're losing in Madden. That works every time we do it!!!

Hit the reset button and go put some Hot Pockets in the microwave

;

;

Quote:Blow it all up!!! Its like like hitting the reset button on your PS4 when you're losing in Madden. That works every time we do it!!!
I wouldnt blow it up mid season but if we are sitting at 3 or 4 wins at the end of the season again we def. need to bring in a proven coach like a Sean Payton and possibly a proven GM if one is out there

Quote:I wouldnt blow it up mid season but if we are sitting at 3 or 4 wins at the end of the season again we def. need to bring in a proven coach like a Sean Payton and possibly a proven GM if one is out there

Peyton isn't going anywhere. Like Brees, Peyton is the best New Orleans has had or will ever have. He'll retire a Saint or leave on his own accord.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

TBH if gus gets fired I would eat my hat if Marrone isn't made the head coach...

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:TBH if gus gets fired I would eat my hat if Marrone isn't made the head coach...

Something tells me that if he does get the interm gig, as soon as the season is over he'll high tail it out of Jax onto another team.

Quote:Peyton isn't going anywhere. Like Brees, Peyton is the best New Orleans has had or will ever have. He'll retire a Saint or leave on his own accord.
i disagree, i think Payton gets fired as did most of the guys on the nfl network. Even if he dont we need to find a new coach if this team is picking in the top 5 again.

I dont know what they can do anymore. Another 3 yr rebuild and im gonna vomit.

We feel that GM Dave Caldwell was as bad as Gene and therefore we are going to gut the entire team so expect another 3 or 4 years of losing...

so sick of that excuse in jacksonville...

Quote:I dont know what they can do anymore. Another 3 yr rebuild and im gonna vomit.
i dont think you have to rebuild, just get another coach and possibly GM. Lets see how the rest of this season plays out first

Quote:In the case he gets fired, which is unlikely, Jacksonville will be at the end of a long line of teams wanting to hire him.  

Money talks to NFL coaches, especially if they think the QB is legit.  If BB5 continues to progress, I think we'd be an attractive place to land in terms of personell.

But it's really up to Shad to open up his wallet.  He needs to get a top tier coach in here.  No more of this discount coaching staff garbage.  You want to be considered a top tier team, bring in top tier coaches.  That's just the bottom line.  

Quote:Yeah but Payton im sure will want to work with a good young QB and hopefully he feels Bortles can be that.  On top of the no state tax I think we will have as good a shot as any

Exactly.  10 million a year if it has to be done.  Don't care.  If you're gonna spend money on the score boards, spend the money to get something worth showing up there.  These rookie coaches or failed retreads don't cut it anymore.  It's clear we need better leadership to get us past this funk.

Quote:Peyton isn't going anywhere. Like Brees, Peyton is the best New Orleans has had or will ever have. He'll retire a Saint or leave on his own accord.

I don't know about that...  Sometimes a change is just needed...  Heck, if Coughlin can't turn it around this year, the Giants might cut bait on him, and he's won 2 SBs for the Giants...  

I've been a Jags fan since they came to be, and I've been posting here since 2003, so I've seen the ups and downs of this team.

But if the Jags pull another thing where they gut the roster again it may honestly be enough to break me.

Anyone who sticks with it after that, I humbly accept your fanhood as superior to mine. But I'm physically exhausted from waiting for this team to get it together. I may not ever watch another professional football game if this roster is gutted again.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I've been a Jags fan since they came to be, and I've been posting here since 2003, so I've seen the ups and downs of this team.

But if the Jags pull another thing where they gut the roster again it may honestly be enough to break me.

Anyone who sticks with it after that, I humbly accept your fanhood as superior to mine. But I'm physically exhausted from waiting for this team to get it together. I may not ever watch another professional football game if this roster is gutted again.
I would do the same exact thing. No way would I ever go through another full re-build in such a short time span. Gutting this roster would make us worse than the 2013 team and we would more than likely go 0-16. I don't even think Khan would go through with this - he'd more than likely move the team to London or anywhere far away from Jacksonville.

Quote:I've been a Jags fan since they came to be, and I've been posting here since 2003, so I've seen the ups and downs of this team.

There's no need to gut the roster...  I think the only time you ever need to do that is if you are in Salary Cap Hell.  We're not...  I don't think anyone thinks a roster gut is needed.  

I'm beginning to have my doubts about Gus.  But I'll wait to see how this all plays out.  But I'll be honest, I'm not very confident in the guy.  And if a top tier HC comes available next year that can propel us to a high level, I don't care what happens, we go after that coach.  

In the 3 years Gus has been the coach, he's still the same vanilla game planning, in over his head, still learning coach he was his rookie season.  That tells me he's not getting better.  He's not the guy to make this team a consistant playoff contender.  He's just not that guy.  

I dont see any scenario where you fire gus or dave caldwell anytime until the end of the season....

so most of this is premature venting from upset fans...

like all of it...

I am pulling for Gus and the rest of the Jaguars team to get it together...

I'll drink some pepto and keep rooting this week

GO JAGS!!

Quote:I dont see any scenario where you fire gus or dave caldwell anytime until the end of the season....

so most of this is premature venting from upset fans...

like all of it...

I am pulling for Gus and the rest of the Jaguars team to get it together...

I'll drink some pepto and keep rooting this week

GO JAGS!!
Eh, that's what the message board is for - people to vent and get their frustrations out.  

It's funny though how the message board has changed over the past few years.  Less and less activity.  Sure, you've still got your old time posters, but when the team is simply not competitive for as long as the Jags have been, it's hard to generate new fans get people excited.  

What this team needs is a top-tier HC.  Fork out the money on a real HC instead of pools and score boards - that's what the fans really want.  When you go with a discount HC and GM, you get discount results.  

I agree with you wholeheartedly...

The problem is that I see teams go from being a zero to a hero all in a year... Another rebuild is something I cannot fathom...