Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Year 3 of the rebuild. The arrow is not pointing up. When to hit the reset button?

Quote:This could be true but I prefer to wait until the end to know for sure. We are currently 1-2. The pats beat everyone like that. Only a few teams can even come close to beating them. We beat the Dolphins and lost the first game of the season to a 3-0 panthers team. We may be a little better than what most think but we should all agree we need more than 3 games to know where we are in this "rebuild".
Again, it's all about the offense. if you have any sort of offensive output, you probably win week 1. We may not know how good this team is as a whole yet, but there are plenty of indicators that this offense is veeeeerry far away from being a unit that's good enough to allow us to compete. It's why I think we have no chance vs Indy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Again, it's all about the offense. if you have any sort of offensive output, you probably win week 1. We may not know how good this team is as a whole yet, but there are plenty of indicators that this offense is veeeeerry far away from being a unit that's good enough to allow us to compete. It's why I think we have no chance vs Indy.

Well it is the first year of a new system with many new players and a bunch of second year players. The offense is still a work in progress. If by week 10 we are still unable to muster 20 a game then I'd agree we may need to go another direction and even then maybe not because they are so young and so new together.

Quote:Well it is the first year of a new system with many new players and a bunch of second year players. The offense is still a work in progress. If by week 10 we are still unable to muster 20 a game then I'd agree we may need to go another direction and even then maybe not because they are so young and so new together.
I'm still of the opinion that it's irresponsible to go into the regular season as an offensive "work in progress". And I actually don't really know how much learning a new system matters. Again, Joe Flacco is far from being a top 4 or 5 qb, but he went through at least 3 or 4 different OCs over a 3 year stretch and managed to have an efficient offense

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 10:43 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:I'm still of the opinion that it's irresponsible to go into the regular season as an offensive "work in progress". And I actually don't really know how much learning a new system matters. Again, Joe Flacco is far from being a top 4 or 5 qb, but he went through at least 3 or 4 different OCs over a 3 year stretch and managed to have an efficient offense
Flacco is like a 8 year vet. It took him 6 years to throw more than 20 tds.

I don't know how much it takes but this is Blakes 3rd OC in 3 years including college. It takes time for all 11 guys to master the offense not just the qb. I would assume more than one off-season though.

Back to the point though, this is the process. We are watching it happen and play out in real time. I wish we could play two or three games a day and fast forward 2 more years but it happens. All team go through a down time. I'm hoping this is our upswing. And it can be worse. Oakland has been bad since 2003. The Texans wish they had our team's success.

Quote:Flacco is like a 8 year vet. It took him 6 years to throw more than 20 tds.

I don't know how much it takes but this is Blakes 3rd OC in 3 years including college. It takes time for all 11 guys to master the offense not just the qb. I would assume more than one off-season though.

Back to the point though, this is the process. We are watching it happen and play out in real time. I wish we could play two or three games a day and fast forward 2 more years but it happens. All team go through a down time. I'm hoping this is our upswing. And it can be worse. Oakland has been bad since 2003. The Texans wish they had our team's success.
That's my point though. It's irresponsible to be so young on one side of the ball. If it were just Bortles learning a new offense this year it'd be one thing, but how the hell did Caldwell expect them all to adjust so quickly like that? Dave seems to approach building this team like he's playing with house money. Guy says he shouldn't have gone so young at receiver last year, then proceeds to add nothing the following offseason. it's absurd. I honestly don't think much of Bradley as a head coach, but the offensive failures should really fall on Dave more than anything.

Quote:I love when people act like nothing has changed in 3 years as if the ONLY thing that matters is the HC.

I'm not saying there isn't more hope for the talent on this roster...BUT...the end result indeed has yet to change in 3 years.

Quote:I'm not saying there isn't more hope for the talent on this roster...BUT...the end result indeed has yet to change in 3 years.
Bingo.  A lot as changed but for the better?  It's hard to say when your near the bottom of the league in offense and defense again.  I hope to see improvement this season

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:That's my point though. It's irresponsible to be so young on one side of the ball. If it were just Bortles learning a new offense this year it'd be one thing, but how the hell did Caldwell expect them all to adjust so quickly like that? Dave seems to approach building this team like he's playing with house money. Guy says he shouldn't have gone so young at receiver last year, then proceeds to add nothing the following offseason. it's absurd. I honestly don't think much of Bradley as a head coach, but the offensive failures should really fall on Dave more than anything.
The lack of veterans on offense is an issue and Caldwell tried to address it in the off-season, but no one was really available. Randall Cobb decided to take less money and stay with the Packers, Brandon Marshall would NEVER come to Jax and I don't think we really want him and his attitude in the locker room. The only one that would work was Julius, and we got him. 

It isn't time to be *talking* about hitting the reset button, just because we got blown out by the best team in the NFL with a wide range of starters on both sides of the ball missing. You play the season out. If you need to hit the reset button, you hit it at the end of the season, and you decide based on the whole season, not just one game at a time. "Oh, we're the worst team ever. Yay! We're going to the playoffs! Oh, it's time to hit the reset button!" <sigh>

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 12:19 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:I agree with you wholeheartedly...

The problem is that I see teams go from being a zero to a hero all in a year... Another rebuild is something I cannot fathom...
Those teams are not completely gutting rosters. Like Oysters, teams need something to attach to, that will allow them to grow and mature. Oysters attach to older even dead oyster shells. Bad teams usually have a few decent vets. We got rid of Everything!!!

It's been 10 years (+/-) and we still haven't gotten over the mistake of firing Tom Coughlin

[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

We need :

- A new HC, with experience and maturity.

- Vétérans. Stop with the rookies and UDFA.

- Give big money to big FA's.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 03:06 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:We need :

- A new HC, with experience and maturity.

- Vétérans. Stop with the rookies and UDFA.

- Give big money to big FA's.

Yeah!!  I mean, look how well Miami is doing after they threw all that money at Suh!!

Wait.

No...DeMarco Murray.

Wait.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 03:37 PM by Section105Fan.)

Quote:I love when "stoopid" posters try to tell others how "stoopid" they are.

But the good news is, it enables some " Hall of Fame " posters to get their numbers up!j

I'm amazed that so many of these threads deteriorate into playground arguments. They don't violate the " Rules of Conduct?" They should. Personally, I come to this board for informational dialogue about the Jaguars, not childish wrangling.

Here's the section of the conduct code I'm referring to:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

But the good news is, it enables some " Hall of Fame " posters to get their numbers up!j
I'm amazed that so many of these threads deteriorate into playground arguments. They don't violate the " Rules of Conduct?" They should. Personally, I come to this board for informational dialogue about the Jaguars, not childish wrangling.
"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

But your forgetting that a lot of those who are responsible for making sure there are no violations are some of the same people who are violating.
Playground arguments/childish wrangling maybe BB reads all these posts and that is where he thought fans were kindergartners. Maybe he was right

Man its got to be someone with the know-how AND the elbow grease,to lead us to a new land....

Quote:But the good news is, it enables some " Hall of Fame " posters to get their numbers up!j

But your forgetting that a lot of those who are responsible for making sure there are no violations are some of the same people who are violating.

Playground arguments/childish wrangling maybe BB reads all these posts and that is where he thought fans were kindergartners. Maybe he was right

I promise you........I'm not forgetting that.

Quote:But the good news is, it enables some " Hall of Fame " posters to get their numbers up!j

Perhaps you should direct your comment to the person that I was quoting.  Let me give you some help.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Perhaps you should direct your comment to the person that I was quoting.

I'm sorry if you think my comment was directed at you......it was not. You are not the offender.