Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The death of the quick slant

Quote:Garrard was the master of the quick slants.

True statement
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Do we not have the personnel to run quick slants? This is one glaring play missing from the playbook that seems like it would be extremely valuable for this young team on 1st or 2nd down.

The team can do a quick slant with R. Greene if Olson & Bortles chose to..

Quick slant sounds to much like a hurry up offense. Such a thing would "stress" the defense and we couldn't perform at our high level.

An up tempo offense would require "precision" and an ability to make quick decisions. We currently get delay of games while punting.

I say we just "stay the course". Bradley's way will have us at 8-8 in only 4 more years.

Man, do we need a real coach... Hopefully our next one can tell when someone is double covered.

Quote:The team can do a quick slant with R. Greene if Olson & Bortles chose to..

Greene is out for the next 8 weeks or so. Where have you been?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Oh did you mean for the game against the colts...

That hit in the back did it huh?

Quote:No, we like bubble screens. You guys are kindergartners and just don't understand that they're better than quicky slanters.
Where's Mike Thomas when you need him?

Making burgers somewhere I guess?

Quote:Do we not have the personnel to run quick slants? This is one glaring play missing from the playbook that seems like it would be extremely valuable for this young team on 1st or 2nd down.

That's Year 5 of the Master Rebuild Plan.

Quote:Just like I thought Garrard wouldn't be missed.

Oh how I miss the days of Del Rio and Garrard........ You know, when we were an average team.
Hey... I remember them days...

I would type until I was "blue in the face" defending Garrard and this team....

If we could have just gotten that dude some legit receivers.....

But his flash was over pretty quick...

Quote:Hey... I remember them days...

I would type until I was "blue in the face" defending Garrard and this team....

If we could have just gotten that dude some legit receivers.....

But his flash was over pretty quick...

He had his best year statistically the year we let him go. Talking heads thought we were crazy for dropping Garrard for Gabbert. Guess they were right,

Quote:He had his best year statistically the year we let him go. Talking heads thought we were crazy for dropping Garrard for Gabbert. Guess they were right,

How is that? He was cut in the preseason.