Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Overreaction Monday

Article by DiRocco, who is a Jags homer but brings up some good points and is a good read for some on this board today.

Obviously it won't matter and people will start complaining in this very thread about "excuses" and whatnot, but it's worth the 5 minute read.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/...e-stand-up
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Article by DiRocco, who is a Jags homer but brings up some good points and is a good read for some on this board today.

Obviously it won't matter and people will start complaining in this very thread about "excuses" and whatnot, but it's worth the 5 minute read.

The nonsense about Brady being better against a Blitz is spin. That may have been true in the past when he had a veteran line, but the Pats OL had three rookies starting. No QB is good when a pass rusher comes free up the middle with no one blocking him. At worst, what did the Jags have to lose?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:The nonsense about Brady being better against a Blitz is spin. That may have been true in the past when he had a veteran line, but the Pats OL had three rookies starting. No QB is good when a pass rusher comes free up the middle with no one blocking him. At worst, what did the Jags have to lose?

Yes and no. Like he said, we aren't a heavy blitz team anyway. A few more may have helped but they just had our number from opening kickoff.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

In the article, the picture of Bortles, his eyes are closed, his tongue sticking out, he's posture says he is bracing for the hit kind of like Gabbert.  No wonder his accuracy is off. 

I didn't understand the game plan unless it was: "We're going to execute our standard offense and defense and see how we match up against a great team."  But apparently there was no Plan B when the Pats chose the obvious strategy of stacking against the run and tilting coverage to Robinson. 

On defense, the secondary was a shambles due to injury, but the D-line was healthy and playing well.  So we did we rush 4 and drop everybody deep, allowing uncontested catch-and runs?  What's the strategy there?  To hopefully make a great tackle and only give up 8 yards per play?  They were creating pressure in previous games with LB and FS blitzes, and we have some LBs who can get home.  Plus, Brady is 38.  You don't concede the pocket to an old guy who can carve you up when he's comfortable.  You make him move off the spot.  They had rookies at OG and C.  But we never threw a wrinkle at them. 

I noticed something thing about the Pats' short passing game.  They seem to key everything on the 5-yard chuck rule.  Once the defenders release the receivers after 5 yards, the receivers instantly become blockers for the screen or sideline pass at the line of scrimmage.  This quick reversal of roles almost always catches the defender off guard and often out of position.  One second he's defending against a pass, then the next second he's trying to make an open-field tackle with a blocker in the way.

Gotta hope they do something against Indy. No idea who this team is to be honest. We have zero identity. 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 02:06 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Gotta hope they do something against Indy. No idea who this team is to be honest. We have zero identity. 
My head will explode if we lose against Indy. They are FINALLY trash-can-tier and the tacks dropped 33 on them - why not us?

Quote:My head will explode if we lose against Indy. They are FINALLY trash-can-tier and the tacks dropped 33 on them. Why not us this year?

Why not?  #becausejaguars

One of these years.............

Quote:Why not?  #becausejaguars
Oh damn, I forgot.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 02:11 PM by Moodachay.)

Quote:My head will explode if we lose against Indy. They are FINALLY trash-can-tier and the tacks dropped 33 on them - why not us?

Better stock up on Aspirin then:   No way this team is going to win more than 1 or 2 more games this year and next week won't be one of them.

I don't even care that they scored 50+ against us. What bothers me is our offensive game plan against a middle of the pack defense.

it's all excuses

Who is complaining? It is just a classic case of college players got taken to school by the professionals.

Quote:I don't even care that they scored 50+ against us. What bothers me is our offensive game plan against a middle of the pack defense.
I'm honestly thinking they didn't care about this game enough to have an actual scheme. The "injured" players that needed to take a few plays off weren't allowed back in the game either. That just screams " Colts game is more important, get everyone healthy and we'll throw everything at them." Our defense made zero adjustments and played the same soft 'bend but don't break defense' - 10 yards off the receivers.

This is all I could come up with for that pathetic performance.

I'm not worried about it.

I think the next 2 games will really define who the Jaguars really are this year, and more than likely determine if Bradley stays or not.

Quote:Article by DiRocco, who is a Jags homer but brings up some good points and is a good read for some on this board today.

Dont worry next week when we beat the Colts the board will calm back down, Pats are a monster we were bound to get embarrassed i'm just glad its over with 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I think the next 2 games will really define who the Jaguars really are this year, and more than likely determine if Bradley stays or not.
Yea next 4 games before the bye will tell us everything

Colts, Bucs, Texans then Bills

We better go at least 2-2 or the seat is gonna be really hot

That would put us at 3-4 at the bye week, which is what most expect us to be an around .500 team

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>