Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Overreaction Monday

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 03:54 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:I think the next 2 games will really define who the Jaguars really are this year, and more than likely determine if Bradley stays or not.
Exactly.

This is basically THE WEEKEND for this current coach. He better realize that in essence his tenure with the jags is on the line...

Edit: how's that for an overreaction?? :-)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I try not to be a Debbie Downer, but I think Gus is gone regardless.  Super nice guy, but he just looks like he's in way over his head.

I wish it weren't that way. Putting Blake in a position where he has to learn a third new system in three years is tough on any QB, let alone a young one like Bortles.

Knowing this team, we will beat the Colts. Everyone will be on cloud 9 talking playoffs and then lose to the Bucs the next week.

lol what have you seen from this team that leads you to believe that we will beat the Colts? not only do they own us, we're just a terrible team

Quote:Knowing this team, we will beat the Colts. Everyone will be on cloud 9 talking playoffs and then lose to the Bucs the next week.

Lol, that would be par for the course. But one step at a time, please...

Quote:Knowing this team, we will beat the Colts. Everyone will be on cloud 9 talking playoffs and then lose to the Bucs the next week.

I'd take it

Quote:lol what have you seen from this team that leads you to believe that we will beat the Colts? not only do they own us, we're just a terrible team
Because it would be the board goes to an all time high where we talk playoffs one week and then back to firing Gus the next.

Calling this "overreaction" is insulting. This is justified

Quote:lol what have you seen from this team that leads you to believe that we will beat the Colts? not only do they own us, we're just a terrible team

Bc the Colts have been so dominant this year
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Calling this "overreaction" is insulting. This is justified

What are you talking about? The original post in this thread is about a column on ESPN called "Overreaction Monday".

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 04:47 PM by Mowerguy.)

I just don't see Khan accepting this level of performance.

He pays for and expects excellence in everything he does business-wise.

He's smart (obviously) , a fast learner and does things first class.

No way is he going to accept anything less.

Continue to perform up and down and hit the bye with one or no wins?....It will get ugly here.

edit - sorry net connection hiccup caused double post - mods feel free to flush the 2nd

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I just don't see Khan accepting this level of performance.

He pays for and expects excellence in everything he does business-wise.

He's smart (obviously) , a fast learner and does things first class.

No way is he going to accept anything less.

Continue to perform up and down and hit the bye with one or no wins?....It will get ugly here.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

^^ I tend to agree. Khan will be patient to a point, but he obviously likes nice things and right now, this team isn't a nice thing. I too like Gus and hope he figures it out, but so far, ugh.....

Quote:^^ I tend to agree. Khan will be patient to a point, but he obviously likes nice things and right now, this team isn't a nice thing. I too like Gus and hope he figures it out, but so far, ugh.....

Off the field it is. A big part of that is because of Mark Lamping.

He just needs to find a coaching version of Mark Lamping.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 04:52 PM by Teal Curtain.)

Honestly,

I think Caldwell should stay and continue building. After all, according to experts, we have had back-to-back A graded drafts.

If the majority of those picks don't pan out, I blame coaching/scheme etc. There is no way every scout/so called expert is wrong about our whole draft class. The occasional player, yes. A handful in the same draft class, not likely.

Caldwell needs a veteran coach to work with. Why must we settle for coaching Newbies? Oh that's right, because nobody wants to coach here.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 04:54 PM by Mowerguy.)

Yep, the stadium is first class , the business side is first class, all the things that were lacking before are coming together except football operations.

I hope Khan has a sincere soul searching talk to staff and then players without jumping around trying to be one of them.

Mano a mano.

It's time for everybody in the football operations to man up , this is a serious multi-million , no....it's over a billion dollar business.

Coaches........players.......Want your share?

Stand and deliver.

It's time.

Mark Lamping was a GREAT hire for Khan, that's for sure. Welp, if it's ultimately NOT Gus, I really doubt they screw up the next HC hire. I could see Khan going all out for whatever coach he deems is the best hire.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 05:22 PM by jagfanthrutherottenyears.)

If Bradley gets fired this year, I can see Khan keeping Caldwell and breaking the bank for an experienced successful (former) head coach. I think if Bradley fails, Khan is going to want a proven commodity. 

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Quote: 

Putting Blake in a position where he has to learn a third new system in three years is tough on any QB, let alone a young one like Bortles.
You know This is Blake's 2nd year, right?

Quote:Yea next 4 games before the bye will tell us everything

Colts, Bucs, Texans then Bills

We better go at least 2-2 or the seat is gonna be really hot

That would put us at 3-4 at the bye week, which is what most expect us to be an around .500 team

Honestly, I could see us winning 3 of the next 4 games depending on the injury situation.  If the team gets healthy enough, I think we beat the Colts, Bucs, Texans and lose a close one to the Bills.

I look at it this way.

The Colts lost big to the Bills (14-27) and lost pretty big at home against the Jets (20-7).  They struggled and had to come from behind to beat the Titans in Tennessee (35-33).  So far the best team that they've played is the Bills.  The Titans had their number and almost beat them and who had Tennessee played up to that point?  The Bucs which they won and the Browns which they lost (14-28).  I could see us winning this game if we are healthy.

Next look at the Bucs.  A team in the process of rebuilding with their only win against a struggling Saints team.  I could see us winning this game, again especially if we are reasonably healthy.

Next look at the Texans.  They lost to the Chiefs and the Panthers (though not as badly as we did) and their only win is against the Bucs.  Depending on the health of both teams, this can go either way, but I think that we can win this game.

Finally the Bills.  They beat the Colts, played within a touchdown and two point conversion in a loss to the Patriots (40-32) and destroyed the Dolphins in Miami (41-14).  I can see this game being a loss.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.