Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Overreaction Monday

Quote:In the article, the picture of Bortles, his eyes are closed, his tongue sticking out, he's posture says he is bracing for the hit kind of like Gabbert. No wonder his accuracy is off.

That is the way all Jag QB are since Garrard left. Shut your eyes and throw it up.Disgusting

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In the article, the picture of Bortles, his eyes are closed, his tongue sticking out, he's posture says he is bracing for the hit kind of like Gabbert.  No wonder his accuracy is off. 

Of some of the dumber things that I've read on this board today, this one ranks near the top.  It's a photo.  His posture is him throwing the ball, and his eyes are not closed.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I think the next 2 games will really define who the Jaguars really are this year, and more than likely determine if Bradley stays or not.
Agreed. 

I read where yesterday's 51-17 loss was the Jags 21st double digit loss since 2013, when Gus took over as HC,

So Gus is 8-27, which means 21 of those 27 losses were by double digits. OUCH and double OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just terrible anyway you want to spin it.

Well, at least Gus hasn't had any triple digit losses yet, so there's that.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I read where yesterday's 51-17 loss was the Jags 21st double digit loss since 2013, when Gus took over as HC,

So Gus is 8-27, which means 21 of those 27 losses were by double digits. OUCH and double OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just terrible anyway you want to spin it.

Well, at least Gus hasn't had any triple digit losses yet, so there's that.
Don't jinx us!!

It's amazing just how BAD this team has been under the Gus/Dave era.  

Quote:Article by DiRocco, who is a Jags homer but brings up some good points and is a good read for some on this board today.

Obviously it won't matter and people will start complaining in this very thread about "excuses" and whatnot, but it's worth the 5 minute read.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/...e-stand-up

the Jaguars’ 21<sup>st</sup> double-digit loss since the 2013 season began.

this

Do we have to do this Fire The Coach Bench The QB stuff after every loss?  It's 1 loss, to one of the all-time great teams in history, in their house.  Let's move on. 

In further perspective, Mularkey had 8 double digit losses in his one year.  Gus is averaging 10/season (11 in 2013, 9 in 2014 and 2 in 3 games so far this season).  It took JDR his last 4 seasons to accumulate that many with Gene Smiff ruining the roster (6 in 2011, 6 in 2010, 5 in 2009, 5 in 2008).

Don't overreact, the arrow is pointing up. #sarcasm

Quote:In further perspective, Mularkey had 8 double digit losses in his one year.  Gus is averaging 10/season (11 in 2013, 9 in 2014 and 2 in 3 games so far this season).  It took JDR his last 4 seasons to accumulate that many with Gene Smiff ruining the roster (6 in 2011, 6 in 2010, 5 in 2009, 5 in 2008).

Thanks for pointing out the truth - it's actually worse than it appears.  

Gus could go down in history as the worst NFL coach of all time.  

And that is a serious possibility based on W-L record and point differential. We're worse than the Browns and Raiders now...

Bears traded Jared Allen (because they realize this is not their year to go to the SB) while the Panthers think that they have a shot...

GM Dave Caldwell despite not having a true healthy LEO wasnt interested it would seem he realized early on that the team has no chance of the playoffs this year...

I have a feeling the Baguars will make a showing this week against the Colts.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Bears traded Jared Allen (because they realize this is not their year to go to the SB) while the Panthers think that they have a shot...

GM Dave Caldwell despite not having a true healthy LEO wasnt interested it would seem he realized early on that the team has no chance of the playoffs this year...
We are tied for the lead in the division, have already played the toughest game on our schedule, and with this team he has built 3 year in he thinks we have no chance at the playoffs in the weakest division in football?

Quote:Bears traded Jared Allen (because they realize this is not their year to go to the SB) while the Panthers think that they have a shot...

I honestly hate posts like this. You are making so many baseless claims. Who knows what went down behind the scenes. I personally would not want to give the 6th round pick for a guy that is at the trail end of his career. Speculating can be fun but those are pretty big accusations.

Jared Allen is less productive than Chris Clemons at this point in their careers. That should tell you something.

;

;

Quote:Thanks for pointing out the truth - it's actually worse than it appears.  

Gus could go down in history as the worst NFL coach of all time.  

And that is a serious possibility based on W-L record and point differential. We're worse than the Browns and Raiders now...

Oh No, the Jags are even worse this season then we thought.

How's that for an overreaction?

Quote:I honestly hate posts like this. You are making so many baseless claims. Who knows what went down behind the scenes. I personally would not want to give the 6th round pick for a guy that is at the trail end of his career. Speculating can be fun but those are pretty big accusations.

Well, it is supposed to be honest Monday.

Quote:Article by DiRocco, who is a Jags homer but brings up some good points and is a good read for some on this board today.

Obviously it won't matter and people will start complaining in this very thread about "excuses" and whatnot, but it's worth the 5 minute read.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/...e-stand-up

Fans are tired of losing and poor results not even against Gus (even though he is in his third year and again below .500), but they want the team that existed under Coughlin...

Quote:I have a feeling the Baguars will make a showing this week against the Colts.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I hope so.. it stunk having fowler out for the year before anyone even got to see him in a Jaguar uniform, but to have the famous TE get injured in his first target as a Jaguar was too much...

need him to come back against the Colts and light it up!

Quote:In further perspective, Mularkey had 8 double digit losses in his one year.  Gus is averaging 10/season (11 in 2013, 9 in 2014 and 2 in 3 games so far this season).  It took JDR his last 4 seasons to accumulate that many with Gene Smiff ruining the roster (6 in 2011, 6 in 2010, 5 in 2009, 5 in 2008).

[Image: Disgust-Disgusted-Euw-Eww-No-No-way.gif]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:The nonsense about Brady being better against a Blitz is spin. That may have been true in the past when he had a veteran line, but the Pats OL had three rookies starting. No QB is good when a pass rusher comes free up the middle with no one blocking him. At worst, what did the Jags have to lose?

Still doesn't explain our DB's playing so far off the line. Why have physical DB's if you take way one of their greatest strentghs? We should have been physical at that position and should have been chipping gronk. Look what pats did to Atlanta a few years back. They double covered Tony G (may have triple covered him at times) and dictated what Atlanta was going to do. We didn't dictate anything. That was the most frustrating part to me. We didn't lose the game on Sunday. We lost it before it started.