Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars Can't Run the Ball, And Yeldon Avgs 3 Yards/Game.

I know it's early but how can you miss on a RB. Hell, Pierce and Slowby seems like they give us a better chance. Anybody concerned with Yeldon's play? Or the run game for that matter?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The offensive line is fixed.....

One of these years.............

Yeldon is a bell cow like Slowby was last year. 

Quote:I know it's early but how can you miss on a RB. Hell, Pierce and Slowby seems like they give us a better chance. Anybody concerned with Yeldon's play? Or the run game for that matter?
We couldn’t do diddly poo offensively. We couldn’t make a first down. We couldn’t run the ball. We didn’t try to run the ball. We couldn’t complete a pass. We sucked.

The one position the Jags used to be able to scout well was RB. No more.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I’m totally embarrassed and totally ashamed. Our coaching did a horrible job. Our players did a horrible job. We got our a** totally kicked in the second half. That’s what it boiled down to. It sucked. It stunk.

Good lord.

Season is over. Anyone have some good draft talk? Let's head over to the college forms!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Good lord.

He is good. :thumbsup:

Meanwhile Karlos Williams is averaging 100 yards a game and has 3 TD's and he was drafted in the 5th round.

Quote:He is good. :thumbsup:
Not to the Jags.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I know it's early but how can you miss on a RB. Hell, Pierce and Slowby seems like they give us a better chance. Anybody concerned with Yeldon's play? Or the run game for that matter?
Its clear we don't have transcendent RB's right now. And we have a bad line. Hopefully both will get better. But the combo of average RB's and below average line is really killing our running game.

Its also pretty clear to me that we don't value the running game like we used too. Bortles is what will make this offense go. If he can be good, than everything else will look better. You can't be a game-manager here in J-Ville, you have to elevate the guys cause we haven't hit on the majority of our picks since probably 2003.

It was discouraging to watch what I think is not a very good patriots defense basically shut us down. Not a good look.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

LOL you are outta your mind if you think Yeldon is anything close to the problem here. He hasn't had very much room to even give him a fair assessment, but I lean toward him actually being good.

Quote:Meanwhile Karlos Williams is averaging 100 yards a game and has 3 TD's and he was drafted in the 5th round.

I was not a math major in college but 186 yards in 3 games seems to be below that average.

Don't give up on Yeldon yet. The O Line didn't run block well yesterday at all. The lame/predictable play calling doesn't help either.

Quote:Season is over. Anyone have some good draft talk? Let's head over to the college forms!

I like the kid from LSU.

Quote:I like the kid from LSU.

He's not eligible this year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:LOL you are outta your mind if you think Yeldon is anything close to the problem here. He hasn't had very much room to even give him a fair assessment, but I lean toward him actually being good.

Probably. But there is definitely a problem running the ball. I almost feel like we should put Bowanko back in there to open up some running lanes. With Wiz we have traded a run game for a pocket. Pick your poision type scenario unfortunately.

Quote:Probably. But there is definitely a problem running the ball. I almost feel like we should put Bowanko back in there to open up some running lanes. With Wiz we have traded a run game for a pocket. Pick your poision type scenario unfortunately.

They weren't doing either last year with Bowanko.

Quote:They weren't doing either last year with Bowanko.

I think Bowanko definitely run blocks better than Wiz. Yeldon couldn't make it to the line of scrimmage without getting hit. He looked good in space the once or twice he made it through.