Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calm down

we have a chance against the Colts if we play a style of defense that doesn't allow them to complete easy passes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

You should have expected that.

Look at some of these scores from last year:

<div>

Four of those teams the Pats stomped made the playoffs. They're ruthless (especially at home) and don't stop running up the score.

The Pats game shouldn't be a "measuring stick" for the Jaguars. The measuring stick should be against other teams in the AFC South and the teams we face who finished 3rd in each division. No QB/Coach duo comes close to what New England have right now.

If we look that bad against the Clots, Bucs and Texans then it'll be time to freak out.

</div>

Agreed.  To be honest, a blowout yesterday prevents us from getting comfortable thinking that we are better than we actually are.  We seem to perform better when Gus lights a match in everyone's [BLEEP]

Quote:Answer this honestly: were you predicting a 51-17 loss before Sunday?
I mean it was honestly worse than the score indicated.

Quote:lol @ Always play Indy tough

I laughed too. The homes games against Indy in 2013 and 2014 were absolute trouncings.

"Calm down guys. If we know one thing about Gus, it's that he always has this team ready to play at a high level. Especially after a loss."

Quote:we have a chance against the Colts if we play a style of defense that doesn't allow them to complete easy passes.

1) PRESSURE LUCK !!!

2) DON'T LET LUCK RUN FOR 1ST DOWNS.

3) TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR WEAK SECONDARY !!

Quote:I mean it was honestly worse than the score indicated.
Yeah it felt like we were in a dimension where time just stopped and it was body blow after body blow.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Yeah it felt like we were in a dimension where time just stopped and it was body blow after body blow.

"We should've expected that"
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 10:19 AM by badger.)

Quote:1) PRESSURE LUCK !!!

Getting pressure easier said than done.  Our only pass rush threats are Clemons and Skuta.  Odrick is not a pass rusher.  He can get a sack or two if the matchup presents itself, but he isn't here to be a sack leader.

I guess Ryan Davis can get to the passer too, but when we play a Patriot team, they really expose you.  None of these guys are the pass rushers we really NEED.

Quote:"We should've expected that"
I honestly expected a loss but not a blowout. But even the 49ers got handled by the cardinals yesterday 47-7. Kap threw 4 int, two for tds. Could be worse. That's all im saying.

Quote:1) PRESSURE LUCK !!!

And hope and pray we get some guys back from injury in our secondary. If Peyton Thompson has to fill in at FS again then we're in trouble.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The defense we have gernally is average and can finish in the 15-20 range but not with all those injuries we had. We had this Thompson guy #25 Play safety against Tom Brady. On the D-Line we miss Marks, Ziggy Hood and Dante Fowler. We had Devon House and Sergio Brown hurt. Cmon, that was unlucky and that's why the score was blown up so much in the second half.

On offense I dont know why there is so much Hype around Yeldon. He has 1 or 2 runs a game that are decent, the rest he falls down after first little contact. We have ARob on offense and thats it as a weapon.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 10:24 AM by badger.)

Quote:The defense we have gernally is average and can finish in the 15-20 range but not with all those injuries we had. We had this Thompson guy #25 Play safety against Tom Brady. On the D-Line we miss Marks, Ziggy Hood and Dante Fowler. We had Devon House and Sergio Brown hurt. Cmon, that was unlucky and that's why the score was blown up so much in the second half.

On offense I dont know why there is so much Hype around Yeldon. He has 1 or 2 runs a game that are decent, the rest he falls down after first little contact. We have ARob on offense and thats it as a weapon.

Blaming the running back for a lack of running lanes is the wrong way to look at it.

Look at Demarco Murray.  Wins the rushing title, goes to Philly and has 18 yards in two games.  Joseph Randle for the Cowboys suddenly is running well.

Quote:I honestly expected a loss but not a blowout. But even the 49ers got handled by the cardinals yesterday 47-7. Kap threw 4 int, two for tds. Could be worse. That's all im saying.

Could be worse? Sure I guess. Hardly the thing we should be saying in year 3 of a rebuild.

The 49ers just had probably the worst offseason a team could imagine.

This team needs to start making progress quickly. Getting your boots blown off like yesterday is inexcusable.

The real question is this: how are we going to help the Texans by beating them later in the season so they secure a high draft choice and get their QB of the future. That's about the last thing that will probably happen.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:The defense we have gernally is average and can finish in the 15-20 range but not with all those injuries we had. We had this Thompson guy #25 Play safety against Tom Brady. On the D-Line we miss Marks, Ziggy Hood and Dante Fowler. We had Devon House and Sergio Brown hurt. Cmon, that was unlucky and that's why the score was blown up so much in the second half.

So you're saying lynch is terrible too? That's all he was able to do was get a few yards here and there. That's all he's done all year.

Quote:Could be worse? Sure I guess. Hardly the thing we should be saying in year 3 of a rebuild.

This team needs to start making progress quickly. Getting your boots blown off like yesterday is inexcusable.

The real question is this: how are we going to help the Texans by beating them later in the season so they secure a high draft choice and get their QB of the future. That's about the last thing that will probably happen.
Who are the future Qbs coming out this year? I don't pay a lot of attention to college football. Any prodigys?

Quote:Who are the future Qbs coming out this year? I don't pay a lot of attention to college football. Any prodigys?

Goff is the new flavor of the year.  Drafting QB is not on the horizon, so just stop.

The Jaguars had the most Yards per run before contact in the league before this week so there was definitely enough space. I think a running back we should feel comfortable with is one thats get more YPC than Yeldon

Quote:Could be worse? Sure I guess. Hardly the thing we should be saying in year 3 of a rebuild.

They really did, but when you take a step back I think the end result is the eerily similar. We have a lot of key players not playing due to injury, whereas in most of the 49ers key losses either retired, are injured or went elsewhere.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

If yesterday's game was considered a 'bad' outting for Bortles, I'll take it.  He threw one interception. His 56-yard TD pass was a thing of beauty.  He does throw a nice deep pass.  He had a TD pass dropped by Grant.  He can continue to build on this.

He has problems with his accuracy, but that's something that can be fixed with more experience.