Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calm down

I would have loved for Bortles to pull a Aaron Rodgers yesterday at the podium  ....... R-E-L-A-X People

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Agreed. To be honest, a blowout yesterday prevents us from getting comfortable thinking that we are better than we actually are. We seem to perform better when Gus lights a match in everyone's [BAD WORD REMOVED]

What? I don't recall one instance ever of Gus lighting anything under anyone's butt. I must admit that JDR got his teams to overachieve from time to time. When is one instance you can cite that about Bradley?

I'm calm.

It's not even about the score.

The team looks bad.  Again. And again. And again.

It's the one constant of Bradley's time here.  That and losing games.

Quote:I'm calm.

It's not even about the score.

The team looks bad.  Again. And again. And again.

It's the one constant of Bradley's time here.  That and losing games.

It's actually been the constant since before Bradley. Before Bortles, Caldwell and Khan too. Everything changes but the result.

Quote:It's actually been the constant since before Bradley. Before Bortles, Caldwell and Khan too. Everything changes but the result.

This is true.

I still think this team has talent.  Too much talent to be playing so poorly and sloppy.

Quote:Do we really need another thread on this???

Yes. It offsets the 200 fire everyone posts. OP also made a good point.
I'm back been two years.

;

;

;

Quote:What? I don't recall one instance ever of Gus lighting anything under anyone's butt. I must admit that JDR got his teams to overachieve from time to time. When is one instance you can cite that about Bradley?

He also got his team's to underachieve in many games.

This team does not have talent to play against top tier teams. They particularly don't have talent to overcome the injuries they have endured.
I'm back been two years.

;

;

;

Quote:Yes. It offsets the 200 fire everyone posts. OP also made a good point.

The good point being...? To not build a team that can compete with Super Bowl contenders? To set our sights on just being able to win our pathetic division? Yea...years of losing has really changed people's expectations it's sad.

Quote:He also got his team's to underachieve in many games.

This team does not have talent to play against top tier teams. They particularly don't have talent to overcome the injuries they have endured.

I didn't say he didn't (so did Coughlin btw). And my point is still true and valid.

Quote:He also got his team's to underachieve in many games.

and they have an incompetent coach.....

Quote:Do we really need another thread on this???  
With all the bridge jumpers' threads.... yes we could always use another thread with level headed thinking.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 10:59 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:The good point being...? To not build a team that can compete with Super Bowl contenders? To set our sights on just being able to win our pathetic division? Yea...years of losing has really changed people's expectations it's sad.

I don't think they're trying not to build a team to compete with Super Bowl contenders.   It's just that it is a really hard thing to do.   Most coaches completely fail and get fired.   That's the reality.    But you have to let them complete the process (I would say the end of this year) and then decide how to go forward.  

I just remember, everyone wanted to fire Coughlin in 1996 when we were 3-6, after going 4-12 our first season.   Mark Brunell yelled at Andre Rison on the sideline, then one of our defensive backs broke his leg badly on an onsides kick.   Horrible, bloody, compound fracture that you could hear in the stands, it sounded like a board breaking.   The following week everyone was saying it was time for a change.   You remember what happened after that.   

Personally, I'm just saying, let it play out. 

Quote:With all the bridge jumpers' threads.... yes we could always use another thread with level headed thinking.

The level head approach is that the boss fires the guy who only wins 8 of 35 games and finds a real leader.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 10:59 AM by jagfanthrutherottenyears.)

At this point, I'm looking forward to Marks and Odrick being on the line at the same time and Bortles having faith in more than just Robinson to make the tough catch, whether thats from JT getting back on the field or Lee staying healthy enough for Bortles to learn to trust him, or preferably, both.

The Gus Juice isn't really working for me anymore, but hopefully he and this team can string some Ws together this season. As long as he's our coach, I'm still going to hope he can turn this thing around.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Quote:I don't think they're trying not to build a team to compete with Super Bowl contenders. It's just that it is a really hard thing to do. Most coaches completely fail and get fired. That's the reality. But you have to let them complete the process (I would say the end of this year) and then decide how to go forward.

I just remember, everyone wanted to fire Coughlin in 1996 when we were 3-6, after going 4-12 our first season.

I'm not saying it's easy but the definition of insanity comes into play at some point when you stick with the same regime and get the same results.

Quote:I just remember, everyone wanted to fire Coughlin in 1996 when we were 3-6, after going 4-12 our first season.  
Dang.... TC had more wins than Bradley had in a year and a half.  Oh yeah and he had an expansion roster.  Dang I miss that man and I am saying my apologies for wanting him fired prior to the JDR years.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

What is your people believe the coach can say to "light a fire"? If the players don't have it, yelling and screaming isn't going to do it.

Do I believe Gus is a great coach? No. Does firing him for not yelling at his team make sense? No.

The team showed improvement in 1 out of 3 games. They haven't exactly had an easy schedule. I want to see the rest of the season before I lose my sh...
I'm back been two years.

;

;

;

Quote:What is your people believe the coach can say to "light a fire"? If the players don't have it, yelling and screaming isn't going to do it.

Do I believe Gus is a great coach? No. Does firing him for not yelling at his team make sense? No.

The team showed improvement in 1 out of 3 games. They haven't exactly had an easy schedule. I want to see the rest of the season before I lose my sh...

I don't much care what a coaches method is but he must get results. Bradley is not...

Quote:I'm not saying it's easy but the definition of insanity comes into play at some point when you stick with the same regime and get the same results.

Insanity is starting over every two-three years.
I'm back been two years.

;

;

;

Quote:Insanity is starting over every two-three years.

You're obviously willing to go down with a sinking ship. I bet Bradley is gone before season's end. Khan is a smart man and must know that Bradley is not a competent HC.