Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Sample

The forgotten man.

With all this Jamal Adams talk in the draft did we forget about Sample? He did show some flashes and his only knock so far has been health but he's been on the bad end of some pretty fluky injuries.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You're bad if you can't stay healthy. Hopefully he gets to play this year. If not, Ramsey wearing 23 would look great.

I don't think it's a good idea to rely on a injured safety to be the starting safety if Cyprien walks.

To this point, I had forgotten he was even on the roster.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

lol, every offseason, training camp, his name is brought up likes he's a diamond in the rough on the verge of being a pro bowler.

A player's best ability is availability.

we haven't even seen a good sample size of him yet.  Until then my only opinion is that he needs to get on the field.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

See above no sample of Sample yet.

He needs to be cut so Ramsey can have #23

Haha yea let's pass on Jamal Adams because we have James Sample on the roster.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I like sample a lot but obviously the shoulder issue is a red flag

Aside from being injured, Sample hasn't shown anything yet.

Draft Adams.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Has he shown flashes?

I feel like he hasn't done much of anything, positive or negative.

Sample size is too small to know if he's good or bad

Quote:I don't think it's a good idea to rely on a injured safety to be the starting safety if Cyprien walks.

If James Sample is not healthy already, he will be by September.

Quote:To this point, I had forgotten he was even on the roster.

He was not on the roster. He spent the 2016 season on injured reserve.

Quote:He needs to be cut so Ramsey can have #23

Once a player gets his number he is unlikely to change it unless he changes positions or teams. Case in point: Cam Newton, who wanted #2, kept #1 after the Panthers cut Jimmy Clausen. It becomes his identity.

Same stupid topic every offseason 

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

He's non existent in my book until he can actually play. He's actually more hurt than Zach Miller.

Who?

Quote:Haha yea let's pass on Jamal Adams because we have James Sample on the roster.

Yeah. Good call. Let's totally draft a SS 4th overall. Great value imo.