Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
the excuses game

In this we make excuses for why we got blown out and how things could have been different.

I'll start  

*Marks

*Branch

*Cyprien

*Brown 

*Fowler

Evans

Gratz

all either did not play or were knocked out of the game.

*Thomas

Greene

Drob

*Joeckel

*Lee

*Linder

Going against the top offense in the league in their home turf without 13 of your top 30 players on the roster

We had corners recently signed off the practice squad playing safety.

They get a pass from me for this game, Brady was lights out and playing against half of our starters.  You add a healthy Marks, Fowler, Brown, Drob, Linder, Thomas to this game and its probably a two score game at the end anyway.  That team just won the Superbowl.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Its 3 years into the GM Dave Caldwell & HC Gus Bradley era nobody wants to hear about excuses (valid or not), because injuries occur to every team (even though it seems the Jaguars have been hit the worst).

You seriouslt [BLEEP] think that this would have been a 2 score game? There's no way you're sober right now.

Julius being back doesnt mean that we would automatically start targeting tight ends more. We really werent missing many guys on offense, and we still only scored 17. That's the story here, not the defense. We knew the defense would struggle. The offense cant use injuries as an excuse because there werent that many injured.

Agreed to a point, most people including myself are upset at how bad the Offense played (because before the Bortles INT the defense wasnt playing horrible against the Pats).

The Defense has way more injuries but to be fair a Defensive Guru HC shouldve  had a better Defense by year 3.

The team being only 24th in Offense after the Oline has played better is frustrating.

Quote:Agreed to a point, most people including myself are upset at how bad the Offense played (because before the Bortles INT the defense wasnt playing horrible against the Pats).

The Defense has way more injuries but to be fair a Defensive Guru HC shouldve had a better Defense by year 3.

The team being only 24th in Offense after the Oline has played better is frustrating.

And if the offense does aaaaaaanything, Brady probably isnt on the field enough to put up 51. Defense was bad, but offense did it no favors

The pick changed the game. Pats would have won anyway but at 20-3 with Brady getting the ball after half time the game was over

13-6 or 13-10 if the d could have held Brady to a field goal we could have stuck with the run game milked the clock and kept it closer

It was also critical we tackled well today and we were poor on defense.

I will be very interested to see which if any d can keep the pats quiet though.

Quote:The pick changed the game. Pats would have won anyway but at 20-3 with Brady getting the ball after half time the game was over

13-6 or 13-10 if the d could have held Brady to a field goal we could have stuck with the run game milked the clock and kept it closer

It was also critical we tackled well today and we were poor on defense.

I will be very interested to see which if any d can keep the pats quiet though.

I mean 51 points is in a whole difft stratosphere

This isn't the time for excuses. There is almost no reason to believe this team is better off than it was 5 years ago. Blake is marginally better than Henne/Gabbert that's about it. This team needs to find some way to win our bad division to save this coaching staff.

No pain, no gain.

The whole organization is delusional.  Poz is the only one I heard who said (and genuinely meant) that excuses on why they pay so poorly has to end.

Poz is having a probowl year with the INT, 2 PD, 34 tackles (leads the league), and if he had more help on the Defense he might be doing even better!

Marqise Lee wasn't wearing enough bubble wrap under his pads.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I think the OP covered it.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Not even an excuse OP, those are straight up facts. Tom Brady was literally playing against players that would be playing in the 2nd-3rd quarter of a preseason game. I know, injuries happen and the fact we have so many every stinking year is beyond me, but you can't expect an already young team who is decimated by injuries to compete with a significantly healthier NFL powerhouse. It was a beat down but if you actually look at it logically it makes sense. 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 08:47 AM by Ringo.)

Quote:Marqise Lee wasn't wearing enough bubble wrap under his pads.
Did you mean his pad?

It's the third year of the rebuild. They got a pass for 2 years. I don't want to hear excuses.

You can't fix or train heart. There was no heart yesterday.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Did you mean his pad?

It's the third year of the rebuild. They got a pass for 2 years. I don't want to hear excuses.

Weeeeeeee're off to see the wizard...
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:This isn't the time for excuses. There is almost no reason to believe this team is better off than it was 5 years ago. Blake is marginally better than Henne/Gabbert that's about it. This team needs to find some way to win our bad division to save this coaching staff.

Don Carey is not walking through that door to save us.

Quote:Not even an excuse OP, those are straight up facts. Tom Brady was literally playing against players that would be playing in the 2nd-3rd quarter of a preseason game. I know, injuries happen and the fact we have so many every stinking year is beyond me, but you can't expect an already young team who is decimated by injuries to compete with a significantly healthier NFL powerhouse. It was a beat down but if you actually look at it logically it makes sense. 

Not completely true. Caldwell's biggest free agents on defense the past two offseasons (Clemons, Odrick, Skuta, House, Brown) all played yesterday. That's a problem.

Quote:Did you mean his pad?

To be fair, I think yesterday was very likely the first time we've really seen that out of this bunch which leads me to believe they didn't have the right mindset coming in. It was painfully obvious to me that this team was all too aware of the team on the other side of the field and they collectively let that go to their heads (including the coaches). What we saw yesterday was a team clearly playing in awe of their opponents (imo) but no one will come out and say that.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

no need for excauses we lost to a team thats going 16-0 all because of the deflate a gate thing. it happened with spy gate in 2007. Pats,and brady are mad about it this year just like back then they were. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.