Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
the excuses game

Heart? Linder is a monster of all heart. Or course our gut it out guy is an interior lineman.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 09:22 AM by badger.)

we could have had all those players and still got blown out.

you never have all your players anyway.  once those guys come back from injury, somebody else will get hurt and that will be the new reason why we don't win a game.

Panthers might be better than I thought.

Miami win might be less of an achievement then we thought.

Next week is a measuring stick game.

The Khan Years

Quote:Panthers might be better than I thought.

Miami win might be less of an achievement then we thought.

Next week is a measuring stick game.
Why?

Panthers beat us, a bad texans team and a bad Saints team without Brees......

Quote:we could have had all those players and still got blown out.

you never have all your players anyway.  once those guys come back from injury, somebody else will get hurt and that will be the new reason why we don't win a game.
Exactly. The Jaguars fan base is the biggest excuse making group out of all the teams in the league. And the funny thing is they make excuses for crap when everyone else knows it's crap except them. They made excuses for Gene Smith when he was here saying he needed more years for it to come together.

Quote:Why?

Panthers beat us, a bad texans team and a bad Saints team without Brees......

Because a good enough team wins those games.  Lets say we opened the season playing those three games.  We lost to the Panthers but would we beat the Texans or the Saints?

The Khan Years

Quote:Because a good enough team wins those games.  Lets say we opened the season playing those three games.  We lost to the Panthers but would we beat the Texans or the Saints?
We'll find out but the Panthers aren't better than I thought. They are beating below average teams. How bad did you really think they would be?

Quote:We'll find out but the Panthers aren't better than I thought. They are beating below average teams. How bad did you really think they would be?
As bad as us or maybe a tiny bit worse.  I was expecting them to be more lower tier than mid tier.  For the Jaguars, I was thinking we would maybe make it out of the 30's for stats and performance but that is looking like fantasy.

The Khan Years

Quote:Exactly. The Jaguars fan base is the biggest excuse making group out of all the teams in the league. And the funny thing is they make excuses for crap when everyone else knows it's crap except them. They made excuses for Gene Smith when he was here saying he needed more years for it to come together.

however, the only real solution is getting more good players through at least two more drafts.  Assuming the players from the past few drafts are good, THEN we can start to compete at a high level.

That's the cold hard truth here.  This team is still 2 years away.  The 3 year rebuild timetable was not realistic.

Quote:however, the only real solution is getting more good players through at least two more drafts.  Assuming the players from the past few drafts are good, THEN we can start to compete at a high level.

That's the cold hard truth here.  This team is still 2 years away.  The 3 year rebuild timetable was not realistic.

Yeah that is the timetable I was thinking when we let go all the players we did.  I think there are two stories used by the powers that be over the Jaguars.  The one told to the fans and what is discussed inside the building.  That pitiful draft in 2013 did very little to help with repairing the flushed roster.

I think the offensive line is playing better in pass protection but the run game is in neutral.  I don't think Blake is comfortable enough to check out or change plays.  He did an okay job of looking off some of the routes yesterday but he is really going with the play design and not the defensive read.  Should have been a 3 pick game yesterday.

The patriots of course had a full breakdown on our plays and put their players in the right places on defense.

The Khan Years

Quote:Not completely true. Caldwell's biggest free agents on defense the past two offseasons (Clemons, Odrick, Skuta, House, Brown) all played yesterday. That's a problem.

TBH Brown got knocked out of the game and House was in and out after a Gronk cheap shot.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:TBH Brown got knocked out of the game and House was in and out after a Gronk cheap shot.

I could be wrong but the game was well out of reach when both left.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 10:28 AM by MoJagFan.)

Quote:TBH Brown got knocked out of the game and House was in and out after a Gronk cheap shot.

That is what I said to my wife yesterday.  He went all Cobra Kai on him.

EDIT:  No reason for him to bring his knee up to his waist like he did.  Total cheap shot.

The Khan Years

So the vast majority of everyone is missing the point of the excuse game!  you are here to make excuses thats the game!  

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:however, the only real solution is getting more good players through at least two more drafts.  Assuming the players from the past few drafts are good, THEN we can start to compete at a high level.

The three year timetable was not meant to be taken as we would be an awesome powerhouse team, it was meant to be that we would be competitive with good teams...We haven't got to that point yet...Maybe we can get there by the end of the year, but we aren't there yet 

Quote:I mean 51 points is in a whole difft stratosphere

True but if the devil had come to me and said

Hey you can start this year 1-2 but you will get blown out by the pats I would have taken the deal in a heartbeat

In perspective I'm dissapointed by the performances but I'm happy with where we are right now. We also have a hell of a lot of starters to come back so this team should get better

Quote:The three year timetable was not meant to be taken as we would be an awesome powerhouse team, it was meant to be that we would be competitive with good teams...We haven't got to that point yet...Maybe we can get there by the end of the year, but we aren't there yet

I think with a good HC we could compete sometime next season.

Quote:I think with a good HC we could compete sometime next season.
Would that head coach make tackles, catch balls, run the ball, throw the ball, not miss assignments, not make correct reads on the field, use proper technique,? If so maybe your right.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:The three year timetable was not meant to be taken as we would be an awesome powerhouse team, it was meant to be that we would be competitive with good teams...We haven't got to that point yet...Maybe we can get there by the end of the year, but we aren't there yet 

Competitive was supposed to be last year.  This year was wins and losses.  At least that's what I've been told all the time by the front office.....

One of these years.............

Quote:I think with a good HC we could compete sometime next season.
I hope we can compete towards the end of this season...we struggle with bottom feeders now