Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Say you're the owner. What changes would you make?

So you're the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars.  What would you do to put this team on the path toward consistent winning?  Firing the GM, the HC and cutting the QB would make a lot of the boo birds feel better, but then what?  Are you fully prepared to blow this all up, and ask fans to wait another three years? Or do you think there are parts that are salvagable?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Fire Dave Caldwell

2. Fire Gus Bradley

None. Give it to the end of the season. Really, what good will firing anybody at this point do? We will lose with them, we will lose without them.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 08:19 PM by Sosa.)

Nothing. What can you do? Change everything and you have a losing season anyways. Might as well see what they can do with the 13 games left and decide after. I'd say start really panicking if we lose next week and come out of the London game at 1-6. Then we'd know for sure we need to wipe the GM and HC.

Get a good OC and DC.

Shut down the forum on Sundays       :teehee:

Quote:Nothing. What can you do? Change everything and you have a losing season anyways. Might as well see what they can do with the 13 games left and decide after. I'd say start really panicking if we lose next week and come out of the London game at 1-6. Then we'd know for sure we need to wipe the GM and HC.
we already know what Gus can do

what more do you need to see?

the dude is over his head

If I was khan I would hire the ball boy to make all decisions because he couldn't do any worse. Then I'd have a couple of my bond girls continue waving a fan feed me grapes and make me another maitai.

Nothing.  Shad Khan is making a ton of money and the value of the Jags continues to go up.  Why spend the money on better players, coaches, and scouts when your bottom line is doing fine? 

First. If I was the owner I never would have hired a rookie GM and a rookie Head Coach. That's asinine! Especially after the dismal seasons we've had. This franchise needed proven leadership to get wins with young and unproven players. 

Regards................the Chiefjag

Quote:None. Give it to the end of the season. Really, what good will firing anybody at this point do? We will lose with them, we will lose without them.

Agreed...

But...

If we continue to look like we did against Carolina...  I think it's obvious we cut Bradley and spend 10 Million a year to bring in the best coach we can... Money should not be an object.  We have the talent.  If Bradly can't get these guys to win 7 games, we need to get a high end coach.

Enough of this bargain basement discount HC's.  Get a real coach with a proven track record.  

Course, if Bradley get's us to 7 wins, I think he very well could be the next best coach.  But if we wind up with 5 wins, get rid of him.

There is nothing to be done. Buckle up for the rest of the season, see where we are after.

Quote:we already know what Gus can do

what more do you need to see?

the dude is over his head
He still has a chance though, so I'm not counting him out completely. 

I think we need to continue to let our players play. No good will come from blowing everything up

Chicken nuggets is like my family.

They will have to fire Bradley at some point, either during the season or directly after. I think there is some talent there but the team looks unprepared. 

;

;

Quote:He still has a chance though, so I'm not counting him out completely. 
i have a chance to find 1 billion dollars tomorrow

I would also say to just play out the year unless we have an awful record by like week 8-9. If we have 1 or 2 wins then then maybe firing Gus would be a good move. As for Dave I would say if we end the year badly then I guess he should go as well. However I believe that we will end the year with 6 or 7 wins and then Dave will be safe and probably Gus

If I were Shad Khan I wouldn't make any changes right now, but I'd be putting together a list of the best GM candidates in preparation for the end of the season in case the team can't turn it around and start looking like an NFL caliber group.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 08:37 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

His son's analytics theory is taking a big hit. That is for sure. Either that, or we are statistically the unluckiest team in history.

Do nothing until the end of the year. Firing Bradley now will accomplish nothing. Let him have until the end of the third season to either show some growth as a coach and become competitive in every game or get himself fired.

If the Jaguars remain uncompetitive through the end of the year, fire Bradley and overpay a guy with a track record of success to come to Jacksonville. Caldwell is negotiable. I believe he's done enough to justify a second go-round at a head coach, but if an A-level talent is willing to come to Jacksonville on the condition that Caldwell goes, I would part ways with Caldwell.

Bortles needs time. Consider the three coaches responsible for his development:

Nathaniel Hackett: In charge of E.J. Manuel last year. How'd that work out?

Doug Olson: Coordinated the only offense worse than the Jaguars' was last year.

Frank Scelfo: During the broadcast today, a commentator mentioned that Bortles admitted "not knowing what he was doing" when he struggled last year, and that a trip to Tom House helped tremendously. So, of course, we promoted the QB coach who taught Bortles how to "not know what he was doing".

Bortles' talent is undeniable, but so far he's been saddled with D-level coaching. Put him under the care of a Sean Payton, Pete Carmichael or Josh McDaniels (just spitballing examples here, not advocating for those guys) and watch him grow.