Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Say you're the owner. What changes would you make?

Gus is a TERRIBLE head coach and an overrated DC. I'd rank our Head coaches like this:

1. Tom

2. Jack

3. Mularkey

4. Tucker

5. Dead Corpse

6. Gus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is the 4th week we are going into. We are 1-2. Why are the wheels falling off so quickly with this fanbase? We could be .500 in 7 days. What the hell is going on around here?

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:This is the 4th week we are going into. We are 1-2. Why are the wheels falling off so quickly with this fanbase? We could be .500 in 7 days. What the hell is going on around here?

We're lucky to be 1-2.  And that 1 win isn't looking quite as impressive anymore.  We looked like a freaking 1-AA team going into Alabama the first week of the season.  I don't know if I've ever seen a team go an entire game without punting.  That's why the wheels are falling off.  Everything we're told is that the rebuild is over and we look like the same pathetic team as the last few years. 

One of these years.............

I disagree about us looking as bad as last year's team.  This team is marginally better with the chance for improvement.  Last year was like water torture and not the water boarding kind where they make you think you are drowning.  No it was the drip, drip, drip on the head kind where it was slow and painful.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:We're lucky to be 1-2.  And that 1 win isn't looking quite as impressive anymore.  We looked like a freaking 1-AA team going into Alabama the first week of the season.  I don't know if I've ever seen a team go an entire game without punting.  That's why the wheels are falling off.  Everything we're told is that the rebuild is over and we look like the same pathetic team as the last few years. 

I agree about the whole punting thing. That was bad. Defense was horrible. But the season doesnt end today. But if you read this message board, you would think that we went 0-16 and we are in December. Its ridiculous.

#iamlegend

I think this team wins games despite its HC.

Quote:Will everyone in our division be blown out by the Pats? Will everyone in our division give up a franchise record number of points to the Pats?

Julius Thomas will improve the offense, but one player shouldn't matter that much unless he's the QB. And that doesn't explain the failure of the run game. NE's run defense stinks. Pittsburgh ran for 134 yards against NE without Le'Veon Bell. Buffalo put up 160. Both team's RBs averaged about 6 yards per carry. Yeldon had 33 yards on 11 carries, Gerhart 3 for 10. With even a halfway competent Jags running game NE wouldn't have had time to score 51.

Exactly.  Getting 51 hung on us should have every fan, coach, administrator, and player embarrassed.  What I wouldn't give for someone to plant a shoulder between the 1 and the 2 on Brady's jersey and drill his carcass into the ground.  51 points!!!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

...change the ugly helmets.

People saying not having JT isn't an excuse. And sure it shouldn't cripple us, but take Gronk away from NE. As good as Brady is, that offense becomes MUCH more containable at that point.

People ready to crucify Blake when he just finished his 16th total start. He's played one full season of games. One. He's still fairly raw, he's still learning, and he looks much more comfortable than last season already. Let the kid develop.

How in the world is it DC's fault that Fowler, a consensus top 5 talent, tore his ACL?

I'm starting to think Gus seat may be warm, but I still think he gets his full 4 year contract before anything happens.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Draft a new QB next year

If I'm the owner, I seriously evaluate whether we need a new GM.  Usually a new GM would get you a new HC as well, but that would be up to the GM.  I know everyone loves them some Dave Caldwell, but is there really that much talent on the field?  All we can do is point to moments where players can look good.  We don't have a single dominant player on this team.  There is no consistency with any of the players on the roster.  Is this roster truly better than when Gene Smith left?  I know that will sound scandalous, but why does Caldwell get so much credit for this dumpster fire of a roster?

One of these years.............

Quote:Draft a new QB next year

Start a new thread about that QB every time he throws an interception.

Quote:Start a new thread about that QB every time he throws an interception.

They already do that.

#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 12:15 PM by wrong_box.)

I would study everything in depth that has been done since Caldwell got here including the hiring of Gus (and the quality of his assistant coaches) to  try to figure out exactly where the problem(s) roots from...

Is it that the players are not grasping the scheme?

Is it too complicated to learn in one off season and training camp?

Is it that the players were over hyped and not really as good as they thought they would be?

Is it that the coaching staff is not good enough at developing the players?

Is the coaching staff just too green?

Is it just too soon to be judging a roster that was gutted deeper than any team has ever been gutted before and is being filled with raw talent that needs more time to develop? 

Is it because Gus doesn't hold players accountable for poor play, and doesn't seem to be bothered when we lose which transfers over to the players?

The ugly Helmets.  pick a color!!

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:I think this team wins games despite its HC.

The few that we have I would agree. Just look at the wins from last year. We were down against the Giants then we came back on a historic level. The Browns win we got bailed out by just as horrible coaching and franchise. Someone had to win that game. This year it's a miracle we didn't give that game away either. Bortles almost gives the game away at half.

Quote:If I'm the owner, I seriously evaluate whether we need a new GM. Usually a new GM would get you a new HC as well, but that would be up to the GM. I know everyone loves them some Dave Caldwell, but is there really that much talent on the field? All we can do is point to moments where players can look good. We don't have a single dominant player on this team. There is no consistency with any of the players on the roster. Is this roster truly better than when Gene Smith left? I know that will sound scandalous, but why does Caldwell get so much credit for this dumpster fire of a roster?

That's what happens when you hire first timers. Caldwell and Gus are first timers. Marrone is an upgrade but was a one and done first timer in buffalo. Olsen is a tired scrub retread that changes teams like his under wear. Put them all together and what do you have? Unorganized crap! There is not one clear leader in this franchise. It's sad to say.