Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake through 16 starts

Fix the running game.  With no running game, the Patriots were able to bring the heat against Bortles all day.  And that's exactly what they did.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Aren't you one of the guys that wanted Bridgewater at 3 when we drafted Bortles?

Nope I'm one of the guys who wanted Sammy Watkins or Khalil Mack

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Nope I'm one of the guys who wanted Sammy Watkins or Khalil Mack

Henne dropping bombs to Watkins or nah?

Quote:Blake is still learning.  My God people lol.  He has shown progress and still makes some boneheaded decisions at times.  All im saying is that, if you were a starting QB in this league, nevermind, i forgot we have coaches on here.  Ok coaches, what qb in this league that isn't an elite veteran doesn't still make stupid decisions at times?  Which QB, learning his second new system in his sophomore year, would be having better success right now on this team, with this roster? Injuries included.  I would love to hear these opinions and felt the need to post this after reading SuperJville's list of QB's.  

Besides Cam, Tannehill, and Eli at times, everyone else on that list is above average to elite with, or have had in the past, dangerous weapons on offense.  Even the three i mentioned have had weapons.  Bortles has huge upside and im proud to call him my QB, for now at least, and don't see any reason to throw him under the bus.  Bradley is more 50/50 and unless i know or hear of a coach wanting to come here, i wont pass harsh judgement on him too much.  Plus he's learning the whole control everything gig with the, its always your fault when we lose fan mantra. 

Carr, Teddy, and Johnny are all struggling at times.  Carr is only looking better with new weapons but i guess if Bortles had Cooper to play with, he'd still be garbage to some.  We might as well include Mack on that topic as well although he plays defense, just sayin'.  Take some meds or go see your primary because some of you need either a medical solution or some at home attention. 

How's Marcus Mariota learning curve? He's still learning and look what he's done in 3 games

Quote: 

Just about all of these guys were less productive in their first year as a starter than they were in just about all of their subsequent seasons.

that's not the point.  Point is - many were pretty successful from the get-go.  Just because they got even better in year 2 and 3 doesn't make their 1st year bad per se.  I found you more examples of current top QBs playing well from very early on in their careers.  Many were immediate improvements from what their teams had previously.  If your statement is "it takes them a few years to be completely consistent" I would say "well duh."

but it's not like its the norm to have a couple of years of incompetence (although that happens as well)..

and lastly, "give the guy a chance"??  Seriously?  Anybody here not giving him a chance?  Anyone saying "let's just start Henne!"?  Anyone saying we should tank and draft the next best QB?  I've literally not heard that from anyone, so I'm not quite sure what you're arguing there.

Of course we're giving him a chance.  He'll have at least this year and probably next year as well.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 01:02 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:How's Marcus Mariota learning curve? He's still learning and look what he's done in 3 games
What? you mean lose two of them?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Henne dropping bombs to Watkins or nah?

Probably would've gotten a QB in rounds 2 or later if I was making the decisions and see if you can develop one that way.  Bortles at 3 was never a consideration in my eyes, although I admit it's not because I "evaluated" him or anything like that.  

I was pretty ticked off at the Bortles selection because I didn't know much about him and that he was getting elevated mostly because of his size.

I was also pretty ticked when we passed on Amari Cooper and got Dante Fowler instead, but I hope I was wrong about that one.

We'll see.  

Quote:Probably would've gotten a QB in rounds 2 or later if I was making the decisions and see if you can develop one that way.  Bortles at 3 was never a consideration in my eyes, although I admit it's not because I "evaluated" him or anything like that.  

I was pretty ticked off at the Bortles selection because I didn't know much about him and that he was getting elevated mostly because of his size.

I was also pretty ticked when we passed on Amari Cooper and got Dante Fowler instead, but I hope I was wrong about that one.

We'll see.  

So who is your QB this year? Chad Henne? Tom Savage?

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 01:08 PM by jg77.)

His stats definitely look better than what I've seen on the field. Oh well.

Quote:So... we lost because of Bortles' play?

Just want to make sure that the Pats put up 50+ on our defense because of Blake's poor play.

Bortles could have been lights out yesterday, and we still lose...
If that's what you came up with from my post - then I don't know what to tell you. It's been going on for 16 straight games now, and almost happened last week if Grimes didn't drop it.

Quote:If you want to talk Carr, let's talk Cooper and Crabtree.
Another issue with this team. Not getting Cooper/BAP is what killed this team back in the day, and that's why we had zero play-makers.

Quote:that's not the point.  Point is - many were pretty successful from the get-go.  Just because they got even better in year 2 and 3 doesn't make their 1st year bad per se.  I found you more examples of current top QBs playing well from very early on in their careers.  Many were immediate improvements from what their teams had previously.  If your statement is "it takes them a few years to be completely consistent" I would say "well duh."

but it's not like its the norm to have a couple of years of incompetence (although that happens as well)..

and lastly, "give the guy a chance"??  Seriously?  Anybody here not giving him a chance?  Anyone saying "let's just start Henne!"?  Anyone saying we should tank and draft the next best QB?  I've literally not heard that from anyone, so I'm not quite sure what you're arguing there.

Of course we're giving him a chance.  He'll have at least this year and probably next year as well.  

Some were pretty successful from the get go.  Some were inconsistent starting out.  Most all had more surrounding help than Bortles last year.

As for some not giving him a chance....

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...r-bortles/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Hes still playing like crap.No one wants to be honest about that though. He has a throw or drive here and there and thats it. Other wise hes terrible.

He played bad week 1 and week 3. He played pretty good week 2. He has had drops, but for the sake of argument we won't include that point. Bortles is going to have to step up and take over this team. We aren't run blocking well and I'm not a huge fan of the offensive scheme. I have a lot of respect for what the patriots do. They don't just say here are our players, see if you can beat us. They take advantage of every little thing they can and over the course of a game that adds up. We need Bortles to be better when it comes to the easy play. I'm just not seeing easy plays. Everything is tough. That's part Bortles, part coaching, part film room and part game planning. I think he has improved. But he hasn't taken the next step.

Quote:Some were pretty successful from the get go. Some were inconsistent starting out. Most all had more surrounding help than Bortles last year.

As for some not giving him a chance....

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/13751-im-over-bortles/'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/13751-im-over-bortles/</a>

With Julius Thomas back there really won't be any excuses for Bortles this year. He is or can by a dynamic weapon. This is the year for him to say I'm the leader. Let's give him a chance.

Quote:I keep bringing up Tannehill because I would LOVE for Bortles to progress like he has.  Tannehill was raw (like Bortles) and struggled his rookie year.  By year 2, he was improved - by year 3 he was passing for over 4000 yards with QBR of over 90.  I think we would all take that from Bortles.

The reason I brought up Tannehill's performance yesterday was because if you were to compare it to Borltes performance yesterday, Bortles looked much better.

'02

Quote:So who is your QB this year? Chad Henne? Tom Savage?

I know it's all hindsight now but take Mack at 3, make a trade up with maybe Dallas early round 2 and take Carr.

Then select Amari Cooper this year over Fowler.

All 3 players make this team better in my opinion.

Quote:I know it's all hindsight now but take Mack at 3, make a trade up with maybe Dallas early round 2 and take Carr.

Then select Amari Cooper this year over Fowler.

All 3 players make this team better in my opinion.
Thats a no brainer we would be better.

Fowler is hurt.

Quote:Thats a no brainer we would be better.

Fowler is hurt.

Even without the injury.

I know, all speculation but Cooper is a damn good offensive weapon.

Cooper, Allen Robinson and JT returning next week would be a nice trio to have.

Quote:The guy is raw enough to where he definitely didn't warrant the 3rd selection in the draft, if you draft a guy that early he needs to make an immediate impact (see Mariota).

Not necessarily a qb. With an early draft pick at qb you just want to know the guy will eventually be capable of leading the team the distance. At this point I still think he is. At the very least, we certainly haven't ruled it out.

'02

Quote:Even without the injury.

I know, all speculation but Cooper is a damn good offensive weapon.

Cooper, Allen Robinson and JT returning next week would be a nice trio to have.
I agree.

Fowler would be a pretty nice addition to this team. ARob is really good and I like Blake more than Carr.

Carr has looked good against a terrible Ravens defense, the Browns and then got pummeled by the Bengals.