Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake through 16 starts

Through 16 starts Bortles has been abysmal. Carr is light years ahead and while Bridgewater might not be as explosive as Carr, he is far more accurate and a much better game manager than Bortles. Hell in 7 games Mettenberger showed more promise than Bortles. Bortles has struggled this year with the same old problems, and still cannot take advantage of poor defenses. The best game of his career was very mediocre, and it came against an awful Dolphin's defense that was just lit up again by Tyrod Taylor (lol) for 3 TD's and nearly 300 yards..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 06:11 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Through 16 starts Bortles has been abysmal. Carr is light years ahead and while Bridgewater might not be as explosive as Carr, he is far more accurate and a much better game manager than Bortles. Hell in 7 games Mettenberger showed more promise than Bortles. Bortles has struggled this year with the same old problems, and still cannot take advantage of poor defenses. The best game of his career was very mediocre, and it came against an awful Dolphin's defense that was just lit up again by Tyrod Taylor (lol) for 3 TD's and nearly 300 yards..
Derek Carr: 726 yds, 63% comp, 8.07 pass per attempted, 5 td's 1 int and Blake Bortles: 698 yds, 54% comp, 6.6 pass per attempt, 5 td's and 3 int. Derek isn't light years ahead of him so stop being so delusional and go back to school my friend. Their numbers is almost similar and the raiders has a better supporting cast at this time with amari cooper, crabtree, and running back latavius murray who is by the way 4th in the league in rushing the football. Lets not forget the 2 out 3 bad teams the raiders played as well so lets pump the brakes with the derek carr talk.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Derek Carr: 726 yds, 63% comp, 8.07 pass per attempted, 5 td's 1 int and Blake Bortles: 698 yds, 54% comp, 6.6 pass per attempt, 5 td's and 3 int. Derek isn't light years ahead of him so stop being so delusional and go back to school my friend. Their numbers is almost similar and the raiders has a better supporting cast at this time with amari cooper, crabtree, and running back latavius murray who is by the way 4th in the league in rushing the football. Lets not forget the 2 out 3 bad teams the raiders played as well so lets pump the brakes with the derek carr talk.  

But his Madden game says so.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:How's Marcus Mariota learning curve? He's still learning and look what he's done in 3 games

Hmm... Let's see...

Week one - put up fantastic stats against a horrible team that had no tape on him.

Week two - battered and beat up all game; "treated like a rag doll"; ended game with game losing lost fumble

Week three - struggled to stay in the game against a Colts team that can't get its own act together; ultimately throws game losing INT, his second in the game.

Despite showing some zip on the ball with a quick release, Mariota's extremely low trajectory resembles several of the league's failed QBs such as David Carr, Rodney Pete and Neil O'Donnell. Now that teams finally have some tape on him, let's see how well he's able to keep it up before throwing out too much praise.

'02

Quote:But his Madden game says so.
lol

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Probably would've gotten a QB in rounds 2 or later if I was making the decisions and see if you can develop one that way.  Bortles at 3 was never a consideration in my eyes, although I admit it's not because I "evaluated" him or anything like that.  

I was pretty ticked off at the Bortles selection because I didn't know much about him and that he was getting elevated mostly because of his size.

I didn't think we'd get Bortles either, but that was only because I thought the Texans were going to take him with the first overall pick.

'02

Quote:Interesting you would include guys like Romo, Rodgers, Rivers, and Brady who got to sit at least a year to compare to Bortles.

Neither Peyton Manning nor Eli manning could have what anyone would consider a consistent rookie year despite having a father who played QB in the NFL to groom them to be QBs.

Brees did not reach anything close to consistent play until his 4th season.

If you examined Brady's numbers from his first year as a starter and compared them to his numbers in all of his subsequent years, you'd find his first year numbers are the worst (in terms of TD-INT) in his career (absent the year he got hurt in game one and missed the year). Same with Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck. Phillip Rivers tended to get better over time, too (having the luxury of Norv Turner as OC, LaDanian Tomlinson at RB, and Antonio Gates at TE), as did Big Ben. Andy Dalton showed more production from year 1 to year 2 and 3 before regressing last year.

Just about all of these guys were less productive in their first year as a starter than they were in just about all of their subsequent seasons.

Keep in mind, many of these guys got to sit anywhere from a year to three before starting.

Bortles sat, what, three games and played on a woefully inexperienced and undermanned squad.

Keep in mind, in your conclusion, you said you wanted to see improvement from Bortles.

As it stands now, that's exactly what you are getting.

Bortles threw 11 TDs and 18 INTs last year and was sacked 55 times.

This year, Bortles is on pace to throw-if my math is correct-26 TDs and 16 INTs, and sacked 37 times.

This year, Bortles' TD percentage, INT percentage, yards per attempt and rating are all improved.

He had a bad game against a team everybody predicted we'd lose.

He's had exactly 16 games starting.

Give the guy a chance.

Finally!!! Agreed

Quote:Hmm... Let's see...

Week one - put up fantastic stats against a horrible team that had no tape on him.

Week two - battered and beat up all game; "treated like a rag doll"; ended game with game losing lost fumble

Week three - struggled to stay in the game against a Colts team that can't get its own act together; ultimately throws game losing INT, his second in the game.

Despite showing some zip on the ball with a quick release, Mariota's extremely low trajectory resembles several of the league's failed QBs such as David Carr, Rodney Pete and Neil O'Donnell. Now that teams finally have some tape on him, let's see how well he's able to keep it up before throwing out too much praise.

Ding... Ding... Ding...

After their bye week this week he will be tested against the Bills, Dolphins and Falcons.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I don't think we'd care about the INTs so much if the offence was actually putting points in the board. 9, 23 and 17 is nothing to write home about, and it was the same thing last year. I don't mind a gunslinger who's going to take chances. There's just too many big negative plays when compared to the relative lack of big positive plays.

Quote:Hmm... Let's see...

I don't get the obsession in comparing Bortles to a rookie who just started his 3 games, especially when the comparison is so unfavorable to Bortles. You also have a very disingenuine way or purporting reality, or maybe you're just delusional.

week 2: treated like a ragdoll? Sure, his offensive line struggled but he still put up 2 TDS and 0 INTs and brought his team back to a single score (Mind you Bortles has only had one game in his career with multiples TDs and no picks). If he team gets off the field on third down the Titans have the ball with a chance to score in a one possession game. The game was over when the defense collapsed, not because of a garbage time fumble when he was forcing the issue.

week 3: He threw for 370 yards, 8.3 YPA, and 61% completion. He also lead his team down the field at the end of the game and set up the game-tying touchdown. It is not his fault they failed the 2pt conversion or the defense gave up 21 points in the 4th quarter. Outside of his stare down pick, he played a great game. It was after all, only his 3rd ever start.

For all his bad mechanics, Mariota still has managed 8 TDs (NFL record for a rookie) and only 2 INTs in his first three starts completing 63% of his passes at 8.6 YPA. What has Bortles done is his first 3 games ever? The best 3 games of his entire career don't even compare.

Quote:Derek Carr: 726 yds, 63% comp, 8.07 pass per attempted, 5 td's 1 int and Blake Bortles: 698 yds, 54% comp, 6.6 pass per attempt, 5 td's and 3 int. Derek isn't light years ahead of him so stop being so delusional and go back to school my friend. Their numbers is almost similar and the raiders has a better supporting cast at this time with amari cooper, crabtree, and running back latavius murray who is by the way 4th in the league in rushing the football. Lets not forget the 2 out 3 bad teams the raiders played as well so lets pump the brakes with the derek carr talk.  

Way to ignore the complete body of work and focus in on a 3 game sample size. Carr has a 26:13 TD:INT ratio while Bortles sits as a pathetic 16:20. 

Quote:Doesn't bring his team down even more with terrible decisions.

Don't catch lots of Vikings games do you?

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 08:05 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Don't catch lots of Vikings games do you?
I do, guess you don't. I bet YOU don't watch ANY Vikings games LOL!

Quote:I do, guess you don't. I bet YOU don't watch ANY Vikings games LOL!

Enjoyed watching Teddy getting destroyed by garbage [BLEEP] San Fran. Teddy threw some beautiful check downs.

If we average less than 20 ppg in this day age, something is seriously wrong.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

It's too early to give up on Bortles.  

Having to draft another QB to be the face of the franchise will set the team back far more than replacing an inept HC.  

Bortles hasn't exactly had the best support around him either.  Carr has Cooper, Teddy has Petersen - Bortles only has a A Rob, who I think has potential, but he's not in the same elite category as Cooper either.  

Wait until we get Thomas back, Lee can stay healthy for an entire game, and the O-line gives him some time.  Then we'll actually know what we've got in Bortles.  

Quote:Through 16 starts Bortles has been abysmal. Carr is light years ahead and while Bridgewater might not be as explosive as Carr, he is far more accurate and a much better game manager than Bortles. Hell in 7 games Mettenberger showed more promise than Bortles. Bortles has struggled this year with the same old problems, and still cannot take advantage of poor defenses. The best game of his career was very mediocre, and it came against an awful Dolphin's defense that was just lit up again by Tyrod Taylor (lol) for 3 TD's and nearly 300 yards..

Bacon you can never say anything bad about our lord and savior Blake Bortles. Please lets be positive I'm sure he will throw for 350 yards this week against the Clots with 4 TD and 0 ints. He will complete 68% of his passes because he's the future. He will prove what a great move Dave Caldwell did at selecting him #3 overall. I can't wait to see the hard work and patience pay off this week because I'm so sure we will beat the Colts. 

Quote:Bacon you can never say anything bad about our lord and savior Blake Bortles. Please lets be positive I'm sure he will throw for 350 yards this week against the Clots with 4 TD and 0 ints. He will complete 68% of his passes because he's the future. He will prove what a great move Dave Caldwell did at selecting him #3 overall. I can't wait to see the hard work and patience pay off this week because I'm so sure we will beat the Colts. 

This is a cry for help

;

;

Quote:It's too early to give up on Bortles.  

Having to draft another QB to be the face of the franchise will set the team back far more than replacing an inept HC.  

Bortles hasn't exactly had the best support around him either.  Carr has Cooper, Teddy has Petersen - Bortles only has a A Rob, who I think has potential, but he's not in the same elite category as Cooper either.  

Wait until we get Thomas back, Lee can stay healthy for an entire game, and the O-line gives him some time.  Then we'll actually know what we've got in Bortles.  
What happened to Hurns?

Quote:I don't get the obsession in comparing Bortles to a rookie who just started his 3 games, especially when the comparison is so unfavorable to Bortles. You also have a very disingenuine way or purporting reality, or maybe you're just delusional.

week 2: treated like a ragdoll? Sure, his offensive line struggled but he still put up 2 TDS and 0 INTs and brought his team back to a single score (Mind you Bortles has only had one game in his career with multiples TDs and no picks). If he team gets off the field on third down the Titans have the ball with a chance to score in a one possession game. The game was over when the defense collapsed, not because of a garbage time fumble when he was forcing the issue.

week 3: He threw for 370 yards, 8.3 YPA, and 61% completion. He also lead his team down the field at the end of the game and set up the game-tying touchdown. It is not his fault they failed the 2pt conversion or the defense gave up 21 points in the 4th quarter. Outside of his stare down pick, he played a great game. It was after all, only his 3rd ever start.

For all his bad mechanics, Mariota still has managed 8 TDs (NFL record for a rookie) and only 2 INTs in his first three starts completing 63% of his passes at 8.6 YPA. What has Bortles done is his first 3 games ever? The best 3 games of his entire career don't even compare.

Way to ignore the complete body of work and focus in on a 3 game sample size. Carr has a 26:13 TD:INT ratio while Bortles sits as a pathetic 16:20. 
Will someone ban this troll? He's not even a Jaguar fan. He's on here to troll and kick dirt in our face.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Which QB would you rather they draft if things go really south this season?

<b>Christian Hackenberg or </b><b>Jared Goff?</b>